Latitude Changes are Coming

FranknBeans

Double points, triple points, 1 long cruise, booking early....it doesn't matter how someone gets their status. :cool:

If they add more levels or change the numbers for each level, so be it.

How about something like "...after 77 days at sea, you get 7 free days at sea in whatever class stateroom you sail in most often..." :D

Hello Steve

On the 42 night Rome-Singapore we had one each (Pauline and I) per week; we actually used about 1 per week most weeks.

Mike

Do you have a review of your 42 day cruise? Would love to do it when we retire! :) Do they offer the UDP for those long ones? We are doing a 14 day this Sunday and it is our longest so far. Looking forward to doing more with longer sea days :)

side question on the laundry bag for platinum.

this last time around i utilzed the free laundry bag as platinum. i was in a suite, tho, so the bag was huge and made of nylon. i know in other rooms its a flimsy paper bag that holds nothing.

with the platinum benefit, is it a big bag like they give the suites or is it the paper bag that holds nothing?

for the record, i rolled everything and fit an INSANE amount of clothes into that nylon bag.

And hence while we are sailing MSC this summer and not NCL.

we are looking at the Pearl for New Year's. a balcony room will be around $1200 pp. we can get a suite with crazy perks for $1200 pp on MSC. if youve been paying NCL's prices as of late, you can afford the yacht club on MSC.

we are looking at the Pearl for New Year's. a balcony room will be around $1200 pp. we can get a suite with crazy perks for $1200 pp on MSC. if youve been paying NCL's prices as of late, you can afford the yacht club on MSC.

This may be my next cruise I book but I have two in 2017 and two in 2018 so will need to wait but want to try Yacht Club.

I have three days to get to Platinum and sailing on Getaway end of next month so I'm holding my breath changes don't happen until a few more months. As soon as I get home, I will send my information to MSC for Black status. My dd is Platinum with NCL and I sent in her paperwork and she is Black now for MSC. Got to get my dh, my mom and me done before changes in NCL LOL

I have always gotten 2 bags per person on 14 day cruises.

On a 16 day cruise transatlantic we got two bags per person, but on a 14 day transatlantic we only got one bag per person. The NCL consultant that we asked about it said it was one bag per cruise, not per week.

Has anyone else seen this yet? I saw it posted on a FB thread and wasn't sure if it was legit or not.

16388333_10210859939568914_3008732857818231557_n.jpg

Well that looks pretty official, doesn't it? Also looks in line with what had been "rumored".

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

{Snipped}

with the platinum benefit, is it a big bag like they give the suites or is it the paper bag that holds nothing?

for the record, i rolled everything and fit an INSANE amount of clothes into that nylon bag.

Paper bag but when you roll you can get enough in to do a good job.

Do you have a review of your 42 day cruise? Would love to do it when we retire! :) Do they offer the UDP for those long ones? We are doing a 14 day this Sunday and it is our longest so far. Looking forward to doing more with longer sea days :)

I haven't bothered to do a review as NCL are almost certain not to repeat this itinerary in the next few years.

With the Joy based in China and the Jewel in the South Pacific from North America in 2017/8 I imagine they will steer clear of the Middle East and India.

If you have specific questions ask; email is under "casofilia"

Well that looks pretty official, doesn't it? Also looks in line with what had been "rumored".

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I don't see any effective date on it. I just checked my Latitudes record, and still showing the old Tier chart.

Did you notice the foot note under "How Are Points Earned" beneath the Tier Point Level Requirements at the bottom, 1 point per night of cruise, and for suite and insider offer, but nothing listed for booking 9 mo in advance.

The biggest plus for Platinum is that the "Dinner For Two" is now at Le Bistro OR Cagneys. And, you get a second night at either Moderno or La Cucina. I'm assuming this perk is still per person and not per cabin.

{Snipped}

The biggest plus for Platinum is that the "Dinner For Two" is now at Le Bistro OR Cagneys. And, you get a second night at either Moderno or La Cucina. I'm assuming this perk is still per person and not per cabin.

NO!! :mad: I don't like that change!!

It states in each meal information; per stateroom. So you get the same number of meals but lose a bottle of wine.

Mike

Edited by casofilia
added comment

I don't see any effective date on it. I just checked my Latitudes record, and still showing the old Tier chart.

Did you notice the foot note under "How Are Points Earned" beneath the Tier Point Level Requirements at the bottom, 1 point per night of cruise, and for suite and insider offer, but nothing listed for booking 9 mo in advance.

Nope :(....the chart clearly states the dinner perks are (per stateroom) in the description for the dinners.

side question on the laundry bag for platinum.

this last time around i utilzed the free laundry bag as platinum. i was in a suite, tho, so the bag was huge and made of nylon. i know in other rooms its a flimsy paper bag that holds nothing.

We sail in suites and this past December is the first time we had the nylon bag in the room - all the other times it has been the paper bag. It would be nice if they made them nylon though consistently.

Frankly, I would give up the champagne in the cabin and wine with dinner for something else. I don't drink, so I've given away quite a few bottles. The gift of alcohol is pretty meaningless to me personally. Now if they would substitute the soda package (not just soda for one meal but for the entire cruise) for the wines, I would appreciate that.

But I realize everyone has their likes/dislikes.

Edited by logan25

the new perks look good to me. the way the dinners are set up, i can now eat at my two faves - moderno and cagneys. i think its ridiculous tho, that the perks are given per stateroom, rather than per person. that goes for all the perks, the bubbly in the room, the welcome chocolates, welcome strawberries, etc. each person earned the tier, why should they not get the perks?

Last cruise we did not even get any chocolates, it was an over site and not worth complaining about.

With this unofficial leaked PDF - it's no longer an issue, gone for good.

But, you would still get a plate of chocolate-covered strawberries ... unless you are allegic :D

It's equivalent to a bar of Godiva at Macy's - which retailed @ $3 + tax.

Okay, on this new scheme:

Looks like 1 bottle (small 16.9 or 20 oz. bottled water per person ... NCL branded, maybe) per sailing + 30 minutes of internet time. No more "mini" mints on the pillows nightly ... not a big loss with those generics. Bubbling wine starting at Bonze level - that's a good one, almost missed it :confused:

Two Platinum members in a stateroom would get only one bottle of wine while dining LeBistro or Cagney ?? OK, tactical move; only if we are booking more than 1 stateroom - split & book 2 rooms if we are traveling with others ... extra bottle of wine on the special list (and, get another 30 internet minutes from the 2nd. room)

Those at 175+ points would get a little more ... and so forth. Think I got it right :confused:

Edited by mking8288

Obviously fake.

Sparkling wine for bronze members? I don't think so.

The "How are points earned?" text block is center-justified all stupid, too.

No Latitudes logo.

Fake.

Has anyone else seen this yet? I saw it posted on a FB thread and wasn't sure if it was legit or not.

16388333_10210859939568914_3008732857818231557_n.jpg

Edited by triptolemus

From one of the travel agents that administers a number of NCL FB groups, the new tiers will take effect on 2/3. All cruises booked prior to 2/3 can still take advantage of the 9 month extra credits. After that, it's gone. Could be a sales ploy, but he's been around for pretty long time. I don't think he'd risk losing customers over a few additional sales.

The "Changes in Latitude" flier has been taken down from the FB page I was looking at this morning, but this flier does look like something NCL would do. The "new" Platinum Plus and the Ambassador tier, and the points for each "new" tier, seem pretty similar to Diamond Plus and Pinnacle level on Royal Caribbean. But I will be so annoyed if they take away the extra points for booking 9 months in advance!