Cheap tricks to avoid alcohol charges?

Just read a “tip” from a cruiser on another board that he recommends suite guests bring a kitchen funnel to refill their two bottles of wine from the concierge/suite lounge supply daily. And that a $1 tip goes a long way so the lounge staff won’t say anything. Do people really do this? I am happy to pay for the alcohol package instead of having to resort to this kind of embarrassing behavior. Or is it just me who thinks this is pretty outrageous? Maybe it’s no big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just read a “tip” from a cruiser on another board that he recommends suite guests bring a kitchen funnel to refill their two bottles of wine from the concierge/suite lounge supply daily. And that a $1 tip goes a long way so the lounge staff won’t say anything. Do people really do this? I am happy to pay for the alcohol package instead of having to resort to this kind of embarrassing behavior. Or is it just me who thinks this is pretty outrageous? Maybe it’s no big deal.

We've done many cruises where we went into the lounges, and have never, ever, seen someone filling their own bottle of wine.

Why someone would suggest that is kind of odd, IMHO. It's not as if there's a shortage of wine during an evening.

We've done many cruises where we went into the lounges, and have never, ever, seen someone filling their own bottle of wine.

Why someone would suggest that is kind of odd, IMHO. It's not as if there's a shortage of wine during an evening.

I think he wants to be able to drink wine in his cabin or refill from there throughout the day instead of buying drinks outside of the lounge.

I would hopefully think the person making that comment was joking. If the person were serious, it just goes to prove that having money (or at least enough to pay for a suite on a cruise) doesn't equate to having class.

I think he wants to be able to drink wine in his cabin or refill from there throughout the day instead of buying drinks outside of the lounge.

It's a lot cheaper to stay drunk if you just stay at home.

Or find the events where you can maintain a buzz with free drinks.

Or cruse so much that you get 3 bottles of free wine in your cabin- that plus the two you bring on, the evening free drinks, etc- and you can be buzzed the entire cruise.

I would hopefully think the person making that comment was joking. If the person were serious, it just goes to prove that having money (or at least enough to pay for a suite on a cruise) doesn't equate to having class.

I wondered the same thing, because I couldn’t believe what I was reading, but the tone was serious and “trying to be helpful” tips for someone who had recently booked a suite for the first time.

It's a lot cheaper to stay drunk if you just stay at home.

Or find the events where you can maintain a buzz with free drinks.

Or cruse so much that you get 3 bottles of free wine in your cabin- that plus the two you bring on, the evening free drinks, etc- and you can be buzzed the entire cruise.

Exactly. It’s kind of bizarre.

Have never seen or heard of this.

Just when you think you have heard everything i read this.

It has to be a joke just like the brilliant thread,

I Do Flaunt My C&A Status.

Obviously it was not a Royal Caribbean ship because the wines in the Suite lounge are not very drinkable. :D

That's what I was thinking. Every free wine I've had on any RCCL ship is 5.00/bottle crap at best. One would be stooping really low to go out of their way to "steal" it. Pretty sad and desperate if true.

I thought my son in law was the cheapest man on earth. Whoever did this (if it actually occurred) has him beat. We would have dragged my son in law out by his feet if he had tried this. Fortunately, all he did was gulp down drink after drink for the duration of period the Diamond Lounge was available.

I thought my son in law was the cheapest man on earth. Whoever did this (if it actually occurred) has him beat. We would have dragged my son in law out by his feet if he had tried this. Fortunately, all he did was gulp down drink after drink for the duration of period the Diamond Lounge was available.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was my brother in law,its typical of their money saving tricks.