The LAFFNVEGAS LIVE From the Celebrity Solstice

LAFFNVEGAS

Well not quite yet LIVE ;) We are awaiting our flight to Ft Lauderdale. We live in Las Vegas and are waiting to board our Southwest flight at MC Carren Airport.

I will start off with......Greetings and Good Morning Fellow CCers, many of you here on the Celebrity Board do not know me but let me introduce myself. If you ever go to the HAL board you may know me. I have done numerous LIVE from threads. I get very detailed and often quite humorous :D I basically tell it like it is and do a lot of laughing at myself.

This past year and and a half Tom's and my cruise journeys have taken us on a 7 Night Pacific Coastal on the NCL Pearl in a Full Suite this past April, in January was on the Crown Princess and while it was a fun cruise with friends we found a few areas to be lacking. Then we have done a B2B E. Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, and a Full Transit Panama Canal. Most of these have been on Holland America. We have 161 days with Holland America of which most of these have been Suites. This cruise we are sailing on the Celebrity Solstice for our very first Celebrity cruise and I must say have been very much looking forward to this since the first time I laid eyes on the Solstice in San Juan in December 2008. I think she looks absolutely stunning from the outside and cannot wait to see the inside.

A little about us Tom and I (Lisa) we are both in our mid 50's. We started cruising in 2002 our first cruise was RCI Monarch, after that we found HAL and have sailed on all of the HAL ships but three. In 2008 I lost my long time job as a Finance Director at a car dealership and was unemployed for 8 months in that time we took advantage of my time off and did several longer cruises. Upon returning home from our last HAL 7 day cruise to Alaska in June 2009 I decided I better find a job and was very fortunate to go to work in the Travel Industry which has been my passion for years.

Let the Cruise vacation begin :D

I thought I would start this thread while waiting for our 9:35 Southwest flight to FLL, we are sitting at terminal C at McCarren Airport sipping on Starbucks my favorite flavor is back Pumpkin Spice Latte :) The ride to the airport was uneventful and our son who lives at home and takes care of the Zoo while we are traveling took us to the airport. There was a time the rides were "Mr Toad's Wild Ride", I guess now that he is over 30 he has calmed that down a lot.

This cruise we are traveling with friends, That last cruised with us on the Oosterdam in October 2008 they are Kathy and Bob and they recently moved back to Las Vegas after living several years in Boises, ID.

Our accomodations for this cruise is Aqua Class in cabin 1627 which is aft of the hump. I look forward to telling you lots of details of the check in process and what my experiences are. I will apologize now if I do not answer questions you may have but hopefully others reading can jump in and answer otherwise I will answer most when I get home. Unfortunately Internet minutes are not cheap but you will find I will post daily (in the evening) Also please excuse my spelling errors we will just blame that on my finger nails lol.

I am excited to say that Southwest Airlines emailed us that our flight would have WiFi so I will report back in later during our flight. Tonight we are staying at Hyatt Pier 66 and I will also give a detail report of that resort as well.

Since it is about time to do the Cattle Call Line Up I better close.

Signing off from MC Carren Intl Airport. :)

Have a safe flight, Lisa! Really looking forward to your "live from" posts on the Solstice! :)

Love that you always "tell it like it is" and are never afraid to change your mind... right in the middle of a cruise sometimes! :D

Lisa,

I know you well from the HAL boards and have enjoyed your posts and the wealth of information you have shared there over the years. I never did manage to go on one of your Yum-Yum man cruises, darn it!

Welcome to Celebrity! You will have a wonderful time, and I'm very much looking forward to your "Live from"... posts.

Susan

Thank you again Lisa. I've had the pleasure of reading your "Live from.." and look forward to this one. I've been very pleased with Celebrity (after starting out my cruising adventures on HAL).

I'll be curious to hear all your impressions, and Thanks, in advance, for all the work you put into these offerings. :D

Lisa and Tom..cant wait to read your report. We are sailing on Solstice Aqua class 1634 in October. Want to hear your impressions of the cabin, Blu and more. I hear my favorite captain is on board..he is very funny and I think you all will love Celebrity.

thanks,

Walter

Well not quite yet LIVE ;) We are awaiting our flight to Ft Lauderdale. We live in Las Vegas and are waiting to board our Southwest flight at MC Carren Airport.

I will start off with......Greetings and Good Morning Fellow CCers, many of you here on the Celebrity Board do not know me but let me introduce myself. If you ever go to the HAL board you may know me. I have done numerous LIVE from threads. I get very detailed and often quite humorous :D I basically tell it like it is and do a lot of laughing at myself.

This past year and and a half Tom's and my cruise journeys have taken us on a 7 Night Pacific Coastal on the NCL Pearl in a Full Suite this past April, in January was on the Crown Princess and while it was a fun cruise with friends we found a few areas to be lacking. Then we have done a B2B E. Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, and a Full Transit Panama Canal. Most of these have been on Holland America. We have 161 days with Holland America of which most of these have been Suites. This cruise we are sailing on the Celebrity Solstice for our very first Celebrity cruise and I must say have been very much looking forward to this since the first time I laid eyes on the Solstice in San Juan in December 2008. I think she looks absolutely stunning from the outside and cannot wait to see the inside.

A little about us Tom and I (Lisa) we are both in our mid 50's. We started cruising in 2002 our first cruise was RCI Monarch, after that we found HAL and have sailed on all of the HAL ships but three. In 2008 I lost my long time job as a Finance Director at a car dealership and was unemployed for 8 months in that time we took advantage of my time off and did several longer cruises. Upon returning home from our last HAL 7 day cruise to Alaska in June 2009 I decided I better find a job and was very fortunate to go to work in the Travel Industry which has been my passion for years.

Let the Cruise vacation begin :D

I thought I would start this thread while waiting for our 9:35 Southwest flight to FLL, we are sitting at terminal C at McCarren Airport sipping on Starbucks my favorite flavor is back Pumpkin Spice Latte :) The ride to the airport was uneventful and our son who lives at home and takes care of the Zoo while we are traveling took us to the airport. There was a time the rides were "Mr Toad's Wild Ride", I guess now that he is over 30 he has calmed that down a lot.

This cruise we are traveling with friends, That last cruised with us on the Oosterdam in October 2008 they are Kathy and Bob and they recently moved back to Las Vegas after living several years in Boises, ID.

Our accomodations for this cruise is Aqua Class in cabin 1627 which is aft of the hump. I look forward to telling you lots of details of the check in process and what my experiences are. I will apologize now if I do not answer questions you may have but hopefully others reading can jump in and answer otherwise I will answer most when I get home. Unfortunately Internet minutes are not cheap but you will find I will post daily (in the evening) Also please excuse my spelling errors we will just blame that on my finger nails lol.

I am excited to say that Southwest Airlines emailed us that our flight would have WiFi so I will report back in later during our flight. Tonight we are staying at Hyatt Pier 66 and I will also give a detail report of that resort as well.

Since it is about time to do the Cattle Call Line Up I better close.

Signing off from MC Carren Intl Airport. :)

Have a safe flight.....:)

Bob

I'll add my "Bon Voyage" to the others and wish you a safe and fun journey. DH and I will be sailing AQ in January and looking forward to it. It's a cruise that's coming a year late...Last January DH was hospitalized two days before we were to leave for our Solstice cruise. Long story short, after a lengthy recovery, we're finally back in cruising mode (did Oasis in July) and are very much looking forward to Solstice - better late than never!

Lisa,

My lovely wife and I are jumping from Princess to Celebrity on 10/17. Your recent review of the Crown Princess was "spot on" so I can't wait to hear about your adventures on Solstice. I'm almost looking forward to your "live from" as much as I am our cruise.

Lisa

I have always enjoyed reading your posts..I'm on the HAL board alot. HAL and Celebrity are my two favorate. You always tell it like it is and I always enjoy your reports.

Now I have something to look forward to for the rest of the week..

Have a super time. Enjoy

John

Have a wonderful cruise. Can't wait to read your reports as we are on the next sailing of the Solstice (9/19) and are counting down the days. It will be our first X cruise as we mostly sail on HAL - so I am especially interested in your observations.

Cheers!

jpstacy2001

Have a wonderful voyage. We are 800+ days with Holland our favourite. This Oct. we are going with our family on the Solstice have not cruised with Celebrity since 2000. Looking forward to hearing all about it. You have wonderful information on your Blogs. Alsas

Archived