Your Favorite HAL Insider Tip

livetheatre

CCL shares. You mist purchase a minumim of 100 shares. You will get a on board credit for each cruise amount depends on number of days the cruise is. You also get dividends on the stock. It has been very good to us. Before your cruise, you jury need to fax or email a copy of your current shares.

I am not aware that this can be done by email. Could you please share the email address.

Buying CCL shares, many years ago.

Sandra

If we own 100 shares, and are going on a 10-day cruise, would you have ANY idea how much OBC it would be? Just wondering if we should buy some shares!

I am not aware that this can be done by email. Could you please share the email address.

The directions say fax only. I get around this by emailing a copy to my HAL PCC and she does the rest.

... So remember our confidentiality agreement all you HAL 43J’s.

Always enjoy your Posts, navybankerteacher, but this one confused me - exactly what is/are "HAL 43J's"?

Thanks for your many excellent contributions to CC.

Always enjoy your Posts, navybankerteacher, but this one confused me - exactly what is/are "HAL 43J's"?

It's one of those "If you don't know, we're not allowed to tell you" things. ;p

Thanks for your many excellent contributions to CC.

Seeing the “insider tips” concept, I couldn’t resist the temptation to hint at the existence of a clique of real insiders who were sworn to not divulge the truly valuable secrets — and, naturally, they would have had a secret recognition signal —- didn’t you ever wonder about the small “43J” stickers on a few stateroom doors?

Seeing the “insider tips” concept, I couldn’t resist the temptation to hint at the existence of a clique of real insiders who were sworn to not divulge the truly valuable secrets — and, naturally, they would have had a secret recognition signal —- didn’t you ever wonder about the small “43J” stickers on a few stateroom doors?

Thanks for the reply - sort of what I had surmised but am never embarrassed to ask a question when I'm not certain.

For a fact, I have never seen the "43J" door stickers either. Dare I ask what that signifies?

I agree. Some suites provide binoculars. Those with compromised eyesight (most of us?) will want their own even more.

Neptune and Pinnacle Suites have one pair of binoculars for guest's use w hile on the ship.

It has been about 18 months since I was on a HAL ship and I hope that when I sail in Sept they still have those little pan au chocolate pastries in the morning... they are amazing. We always write them in on the room service menu so we start our day with coffee and pastries.

It has been about 18 months since I was on a HAL ship and I hope that when I sail in Sept they still have those little pan au chocolate pastries in the morning... they are amazing. We always write them in on the room service menu so we start our day with coffee and pastries.

They still had them on our sailing this past May & June :)

When embarking a HAL ship for the first time, there will be a gaggle of your fellow passengers waiting for the elevators.

One of the white-gloved greeters will point you to the elevator bank with the others but just smile, make a sharp right turn, and take the single elevator that is hardly ever noticed and never used for luggage.

Does this refer to Seattle? I assume it does because the OP asked about Alaska, but just checking. Sounds good!

Even as a somewhat experienced cruiser, I appreciate this tip. I always see the cake on the Room Service Menu, but have never ordered it. (And, I like chocolate cake.) Next HAL cruise, I will order that along with my Club Sandwich.

Oh my, that club sandwich!! That was my introduction to HAL room service cuisine on my first cruise ever (last fall, 14 days to Alaska on the Amsterdam out of Seattle). It was literally the best club sandwich I've ever had. I was so tired that evening so going to the MDR was just not going to work for me. (I live about 125 miles north of Seattle, so I had taken the train down to Seattle early that morning, then caught a taxi to the terminal, schlepping luggage all the way). So I ordered the club sandwich. Will definitely do it again on my upcoming cruise (maybe not on the first night as I'll be more rested). And now I know to order the chocolate cake, too.

Lana in Bellingham, WA (counting down to Voyage of the Vikings ... )

Lana....I an curious - what makes this club sandwich so great?

I've thought about that, and the best I can come up with is the quality of the sliced ham and turkey (super flavor, not anything like I get at my local supermarket, even if purchased at the deli counter and fresh sliced), crisp bacon, plus the perfectly toasted bread, and just the right proportion of everything. Add to that the fresh lettuce and tomato -- not "hot-house" quality tomatoes, either -- not mushy, more like what I remember from my family's home garden in Missouri, and good quality mayonnaise. The whole combination was just a revelation.

My room service experience wasn't all super, though. The next morning I ordered the smoked salmon benedict, which arrived barely warm, with the hollandaise a coagulated mess, and the eggs overcooked.

Lana in Bellingham, WA