The Pictures We’ve All Been Waiting to See

djhsolara

Very classy looking and hard to miss for some, as the signs on the walls are.

When first cruising, I used to have to look out the window to figure out which way was "forward" by seeing which way the ship was moving. This is easier!

"Port": will some mistake that for its other meaning?

Just boarded NA and I promised to take photos to share:

Now in the stateroom passageways so you don’t get lost:

[ATTACH]415138[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow, so they do listen to our survey comments after all. I mention this every time - please give me some directional markers. Which way am I going when i go out the door or moving around the ship. Finally figured out food is in back and stage is in front - but that took at least a few hundred days.

Now if they finally eliminate the totally symmetric foyer decor, I will be even happier when I get off the elevators. I love it when I can find at least one decor item that is directional - even those grotesque "blue boy" benches once I saw they were not totally symmetric - one of those little plaster boys would always show me the way to go home.

Our Zuiderdam trip in January had those....I didn't realize they were brand new. Great idea!

And on that cruise the day carpets in the elevators were correct everyday....in contrast to one cruise where the wrong day was used....everyone was in chaos till it was fixed.

If you are ever disoriented when departing a HAL elevator on the stateroom floors, look for the furniture or the stairs. Furniture is always at the aft direction and the stairways on the forward side.

I never knew this but great information!! Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you are ever disoriented when departing a HAL elevator on the stateroom floors, look for the furniture or the stairs. Furniture is always at the aft direction and the stairways on the forward side.

That is one thing that I really liked about our Zaandam cruise. I always knew which side was starboard. I didn't realize it was that way on all HAL ships.

Can someone give me a link (or directions) to the Facebook Fans page where these pictures are supposed to be posted? I cannot find it. Thank you.

Pretty sure this is what you're looking for:

https://www.********************/HollandAmericaFans/about/

Looks like CC won't allow you to put FB in, but you get the gist, I'm hoping

Lots of nice pics from the OP in there