28 day menus

jrstarheel1

hello everyone we are doing our first cruise over 17 days and was wondering how the MDR does with new menus for that long or do they finally have to repeat some nights first time i ever booked a year out and its finally here!!!!yea!!! oct 23 also looking forward to trying SHARE thanks

It’s been my experience that on true 28 day cruises menus are not often repeated but some repeated items are combined into a new menu.

On longer cruises that can be booked as shorter cruises then menus are repeated. For example, a 14 day cruise that can be booked as two 7 day cruises would generally repeat the 7 day menus on the second 7 day cruise.

Much depends on how the cruise is booked. If it is two back to back 14 day cruises they will likely repeat the menus (and the shows). It it is a true 28 day cruise they will shuffle menu items so that no menu is repeated. We have done cruises over 60 days on HAL where they did not repeat a single menu. However, specific items on the menu were repeated multiple times...but in conjunction with different menu items.

Hank

Did this voyage a few years ago. On the 28 day Hawaii/South Pacific menu items did repeat. My memory kind of thinks that the actual menus did not repeat. I also remember that after a while we tired of going to the DR for a full evening meal, instead many nights later in the voyage we had something small at the International Cafe, Grill, a few slices of pizza or something from the buffet.

Princess sells Grand Adventures but generally breaks those down, too into portions. On my TA + Baltic, 30 day So. America, Canary Islands plus a TA, menus repeated. Some were new but there were repeats. I actually like repeating because I order something, my table mates a different item, then I switch to what they had. I don't eat much beef, but on the Emerald in March, the beef items were awesome (eyeballed table mates steaks first)! :)

you must be on the transatlantic for 25 days with us. In the past we have taken these longer cruises and yes they repeat the menu after approx. 10 or 12 days out.

Since the OP specifically asks about 28 day cruise, doubt they're on a 25 night.. The TAs like you're doing are also sold in shorter segments, ie 10 and 15 or such, so yes - some menus do repeat in full.

As noted by many posters above, true 28 days (or longer cruise - ie those not sold in shorter segments) do not have menus that repeat. Individual items may repeat along the way, in conjunction with new items.. No full menu repeats on true longer cruises...

Same goes for entertainment.. On back to back, even when sold as one sailing, some entertainment will repeat such as production shows, etc whereas on the true longer cruises, there's minimal repeat of entertainment...

thanks everyone for your input yes we are doing 28 day south pacific on emerald. So it appears they make a real effort to not repeat (but do on occasion) kudos to princess! How about share? Have read alot of good and bad

we did that cruise last october on the emerald.

thanks everyone for your input yes we are doing 28 day south pacific on emerald. so it appears they make a real effort to not repeat (but do on occasion) kudos to princess! how about SHARE? HAVE read alot of good and bad
We ate at Share on the Ruby last November and thought that it was better overall quality than the Crown Grill and some of the best food we have had on Princess. We thought each of the courses we had were very good. They were running a special for $29 rather than $39 at the time. Now that they have permanently reduced the price to $29 I believe it is a better choice unless you are strictly a meat and potatoes person. No problem with that but if you want interesting options than I would say go to SHARE. A few years ago we were on the Golden and had filet in the MDR, the Crown Grill and the Chef’s Table. In order of quality on that cruise, the filet in the MDR was the best followed by the Chef’s Table and coming in last was the Crown Grill. Go figure. That is certainly not the case every time but I don’t find the Crown Grill steaks all that special.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did a 28 day cruise , menus repeated every 14 days. When repeated they change of the dishes around and added a few new ones.

Huh? If they changed the dishes and added new ones, then they didn’t repeat the menu.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We did this cruise on the Emerald this past March/April and the menus repeated about every 7 days.

Share was good we did it twice - it is a lot of food and the location is great ... all in all we do miss Sabatini's

We did the Chef's Table and loved it.

Edited by Ferd Berfle