Big Deal

MISTER 67

Just received an e-mail from Princess offering us an upsell upgrade from an inside to outside cabin for 139.00 person for our June 9th cruise. Did some homework and on the Princess website the cost would be the same for a new booking, the heck with them. That leaves a very bad taste in our mouths. If Princess wants to give us (Elite status) an upgrade, give us a real upgrade.

Edited by MISTER 67

It always pays to check if the offer is a deal or not. Princess does still give free upgrades but not as often as they use to and their upsell offers sometimes are not good deals at all. People get excited when they are offered an upsell and will often grab it without realizing it's not any better than what is currently being offered to the general public for the new category.

It always pays to check if the offer is a deal or not. Princess does still give free upgrades but not as often as they use to and their upsell offers sometimes are not good deals at all. People get excited when they are offered an upsell and will often grab it without realizing it's not any better than what is currently being offered to the general public for the new category.

Holland America has offered us the same kind of bogus upgrades, we have been crushing for almost 40 years and long for the old days when the cruise lines treated you so much better, now you're just a number with $$$$ signs.

but on an 'upsell' you retain whatever perks you booked under, correct?

which may or not be better than the current booking amount promotion...:halo:

Yes you do keep your perks - the last 2 times I took an upsell from a mini suite to a full suite I kept my sip and sale perks which for a 14- 21 day cruise is a really big savings

Just received an e-mail from Princess offering us an upsell upgrade from an inside to outside cabin for 139.00 person for our June 9th cruise. Did some homework and on the Princess website the cost would be the same for a new booking, the heck with them. That leaves a very bad taste in our mouths. If Princess wants to give us (Elite status) an upgrade, give us a real upgrade.

Yeah, that happened to me too about a month ago. I'm sailing next Friday, 6/2. They wanted nearly $300 to go from my obstructed OV to balcony and I would have saved only a few bucks and that was factoring in the OBC I got from my original booking. Then yesterday, they offered me a real upgrade to a WS, which was what I would have booked IF I had the money and it was much lower than the balcony upsell. Suites on our cruise, even the WS haven't been discounted like the other categories, so I feel the upsell was a good deal.

If the offer is not a "good deal" in your mind, don't take it. They may come back with a better offer, or someone else may take the upsell that you rejected.

Yes, with an upsell you keep all the perks of your original booking, while the new booking price likely does not have these perks (but may have others).

But, of course, if the upsell is offered after final payment, you don't have to cancel and rebook (with cancellation fees) to get the new booking rate for the upsold cabin (which is probably lower than when you originally booked).

Princess does still give free upgrades but not as often as they used to.

Mainly because passengers are willing to pay for an upgrade. Why give away for free what passengers are practically begging to be offered the chance to pay for?

That leaves a very bad taste in our mouths.

If you are elite, and you buy the princess insurance, you get upgraded to the better insurance.

This would let you cancel for any reason.

No need to be upset...

If you have insurance with Princess, the price goes up if you pay for an upsell. It's something we were willing to do once when we moved from a balcony to a suite. But once when they offered us an upsell from an obstructed view to a balcony, the extra cost of the insurance was enough to offend me and keep me from taking it.

What did you expect? An upgrade from an interior to a grand suite for a dollar? After all you are Elite :rolleyes:

Don't appreciate your sarcasm but in answer to your question, of course not but I didn't expect an upsell for the same price on the Princess Website. Maybe that sounds great to you but I'll pass.

Edited by MISTER 67

Don't appreciate your sarcasm but in answer to your question, of course not but I didn't expect an upsell for the same price on the Princess Website. Maybe that sounds great to you but I'll pass.

Good come back. I don't know why anyone would be rude on such a happy site. :D

I don’t know if there was a cause and effect, but I took an upsell one year and got a free upgrade the next.

I was happy with both of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unless you book a guarantee nothing is free . They offered you a upgrade that is what ever the price is today not the price when you booked it . The outside might have been cheaper when you booked or a special deal