Scared about the Dream

bougiet

It has been awhile since I have cruised and this will be my husbands first cruise. I want it to be a great time for him as I want to make sure he will want to cruise in the future. When I booked the dream I forgot how long ago it was built and kept thinking it is a newer ship. With that said, I have not seen much about the dream as of late. Not many reviews or questions. Should I look at another ship? Or is the dream still a good ship?

Thank you in advance :D

The Dream is a great ship. It's less than 10 years old and had a dry-dock not that long ago. We took a cruise on it in Nov '17 and we are booked in June '18. There's absolutely nothing to be scared of!

the dream also has one of the best cds! cris wiliams. the flying scotsman he is called. he also has his own show in the show room lounge. a great show.

This reason alone makes the Dream a great ship!:D But seriously, we loved it! Our kids loved it, and we are spending Thanksgiving on it next year!:cool:

Thank you all for your input!! I feel better already. I had just read that she was looking dreary and beaten so glad to hear that she is just fine.

Can't wait and I pray my hubby will be a cruiser too:)

The Dream is a great ship with a great crew. Here's a link to the picture review I did of the Halloween 2017 cruise on her. I had picture issues at first, but I figured it out. But I don't recommend reading it if you're easily offended though. Lol Have a great cruise!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2562152

I remember when sailing on an “old” ship meant that your ship was 50 years old, not 9. [emoji23]

One of my first cruises was on The Victoria in 1984. The ship had been built in 1936! Now THAT’S old!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

bougiet, don't be scared of cruising on the Dream. the ship is definitely not old, by cruise ship standards. I have not yet been on the Dream, but would love to sail that ship some day.

I remember back in 2015, I was booked on Victory, for a 5 day out of Miami. All I kept reading was how old, ugly and dirty the ship was. Got a couple of good reviews in between, and found out that the good ones were the ones I should have been listening to.

It turned out that my 5 days on Victory were every bit as good as any other Carnival cruise I was on. In some ways it even out shined other newer ships that I had been on.

So go, cruise on the Dream, have fun, relax and just enjoy your time on a fun ship at sea.:)

Just a little point to add, my first cruise was in 1999 on NCL Norway...Now that was an old ship, even back then by cruise ship standards...and it did not last much longer as a cruise ship..had a sad ending for that ship, but it was for me a wonderful cruise, I loved the ship, and it got me hooked on cruising...Even back then it was before CC, and were only a few internet reviews on cruise ships,,but many were negative saying how old the ship was, but again, for me..the ship was spectacular, and I could not wait to cruise again after that cruise. just a bit to add.

I once saw a detailed picture review of the Disney Dream (not on cruisecritic), we're talking tons of pictures. Judging solely from that, the dream looks like an awesome ship. I'm sure you can find other reviews here from people who have sailed on her as well. I really don't think you have anything to worry about.

Thank you all for you thoughtful responses. I definitely feel more at ease. I know regardless I would be fine as I love cruising and have loved all the ships I have been on thus far but this is a first for Hubs. I am sure he will love it just as much as I do or divorce may be in order lol :'):'):'):p

I once saw a detailed picture review of the Disney Dream (not on cruisecritic), we're talking tons of pictures. Judging solely from that, the dream looks like an awesome ship. I'm sure you can find other reviews here from people who have sailed on her as well. I really don't think you have anything to worry about.

OP was asking about the Carnival Dream, not Disney Dream ;)

I remember back in 2015, I was booked on Victory, for a 5 day out of Miami. All I kept reading was how old, ugly and dirty the ship was. Got a couple of good reviews in between, and found out that the good ones were the ones I should have been listening to.

Same thing here after DH booked our Ecstasy cruise, I looked at reviews that pretty much equated the ship to a rusted garbage scow, the food was poison, the cabin was a deathtrap, the shows were horrible and traumatic, etc. and then you had the ones were people really enjoyed their cruise. And guess what? the positive reviews were right and we had a blast. I don't put stock in the overly dramatic negative reviews.

ef8.jpg

If you can look at the “big picture” Carnival doesn’t run a dog in the bunch - they make every effort to make you want to come back. Their repeat cruise roster is gigantic. You don’t get loyal cruisers by putting them on the Carnival Ptomaine Rustola .