Lost passport help

victory2020

There is an emergency passport service. I'm not sure where the closest office is located in relation to Miami. If you can get to a passport office, they can issue one within hours, especially as you have copies. I'd be on the phone at 8am and explain the issue! The usual deal at these offices is that you apply in the morning and get the passport in the afternoon.

Here is the physical address:

1501 Biscayne Boulevard, Suite 201

Miami, FL 33132

Here is the web site and lots more info:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/requirements/where-to-apply/passport-agencies/miami.html

FWIW, the airlines never let you have stuff that you left on the plane. My friend left her cell phone in the seat pocket and realized it within minutes of leaving the plane. She obviously knew the seat number. They wouldn't let her back on the plane to look and they claimed that they looked and couldn't find it. Told her to check with lost and found......

Edited by moki'smommy

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/requirements/where-to-apply/passport-agencies/miami.html

Physical Address:

1501 Biscayne Boulevard, Suite 201

Miami, FL 33132

Miami Passport Agency opens at 8 AM tomorrow morning. Officially they do not take walk ins but with proof of immediate travel they will accommodate as many as they can.

But likely on a Sunday night there already are people sleeping in a long line outside the door. You may want to start heading over there right now.

ETA: if you are travelling on Monday you do not have any time to deal with a third party provider as linked to in post #2. Stick with the official State Department agency and only rely on info from its website. (Which also begs the question: what are your travel plans? Are you cruising (my initial assumption as this is a forum for cruisers :rolleyes: ) or flying Monday?)

OK I see from their other posts the OP is boarding Norwegian Sky tomorrow. Normally I would suggest throwing yourself on the mercy of the cruise line as it is a round trip Miami cruise. But this is a cruise to Cuba. The exception to use WHTI-compliant documents instead of a passport does not apply.

I genuinely wish you exceptional good luck at the passport agency tomorrow. As that is your only hope.

Agree' date=' no time for third party assistance. All you can do is go to the government office as soon as they open with all the documentation you have, and hope for the best. If it is possible, get passport photos done between now and then.[/quote']

I have photocopy of passports .will I still need photos ?

I have photocopy of passports .will I still need photos ?
I've never been in your situation, but my logic is that they will need to affix a new photo to your new passport. That's why my suggestion to take them with you IF you can do so and still be there by 8am.

At my last renewal there was a passport photo place literally across the street from the post office which made my life quite easy...especially since the web site stated that they did the photos at the Post Office. The guy there said that the web site was state wide and that THAT branch no longer did photos....so the ability to go across the street, get them done, and walk back was helpful.

I think the most important thing is that you be at the office when it opens WITH your photocopies and your proof that you have a cruise departing tomorrow. The people there will do everything possible to help you. If you need photos, they'll send you to the nearest place, etc.

Happy to see that you've gotten some good advice from the previous posters. Good luck. We'll be thinking of you tomorrow. When things calm down for you please come back and let us know how you made out.

Take a decent pic in front of a white wall background with your phone. Find a 24-hour CVS or Walgreens with a Kodak PictureMaker kiosk and it will walk you through turning it in to a passport photo.

I have had two same-day issues - I find the people at the passport agency to be the nicest in town. Show up when they open, explain the situation and you’re likely to be on your way before you know it.

We were in Miami two weeks ago, and happened to walk by that passport office. It is very close to the cruise terminal, not quite walking distance but a very short taxi or Uber ride. It's right around the corner from the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay (where we were staying).

The website says you MUST make an appointment online before coming. I just checked, and there are no appointments available on Monday, but there are appointments available on Tuesday morning. If you must have passports on Monday, I'd show up without an appointment and plead. If Tuesday would stand any chance of working for you, I'd make an appointment NOW for Tuesday morning. And still show up Monday.

https://passportappointment.travel.state.gov

OK I see from their other posts the OP is boarding Norwegian Sky tomorrow. Normally I would suggest throwing yourself on the mercy of the cruise line as it is a round trip Miami cruise. But this is a cruise to Cuba. The exception to use WHTI-compliant documents instead of a passport does not apply.

I genuinely wish you exceptional good luck at the passport agency tomorrow. As that is your only hope.

We had to bring and show our passport everytime we left the ship May 2017. It was only stamped once, but checked each time.

Others here on CC said they did not, but I can't imagine why not. You literally have to go through the checkpoint each time.

There was a woman on my cruise that kept YELLING in the terminal "WHY do we HAVE to do this EVERY time we get off & on the ship!!" ... I said to her ... "You realize you are leaving and entering a different country every time you leave the ship and go INTO Cuba, vice versa". Simplifying, yes.

Stay tuned for the exciting climax to this drama. Have to wonder how you could leave a passport on a plane, but I guess it could happen because it did.

Working for American Airlines, it still amazes me what people leave in the seatback pocket.

Now, I understand a book or magazine, even a tablet. These things are used during the flight. Phones also.

The flight attendants are always bringing me, all of the above, plus, passports, drivers license, headphones, wallets, laptops, etc.

When I'm given these items, I do an overhead announcement. Probably twice. If no answer, there's a form to fill out and we give electronics and wallets to management.

All other items are left in a drop box and an employee picks up these items the next morning, takes to baggage claim, they're logged into the system.

Someone said they couldn't believe the airline wouldn't help her. That's not a fair statement.

Who knows when she discovered it wasn't in her possession.

To the OP, call your airline baggage claim. Someone may have turned it in.

Hope everything works out today.

It's always disheartening when someone comes to CC with knickers in knots, often due to self-imposed doofusism ... people here offer helpful tips and info ... and an OP does not repay those kindnesses with sn update, or even a Thank You.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

It's always disheartening when someone comes to CC with knickers in knots, often due to self-imposed doofusism ... people here offer helpful tips and info ... and an OP does not repay those kindnesses with sn update, or even a Thank You.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

I rather imagine today was a pretty busy day for the OP. Running around trying to get that emergency passport and make it to the ship in time.

Maybe we'll hear something tomorrow. Or not until the cruise is over.

I flew on Delta once and left my jewelry on the plane, was crying because it was from my Grandmother who had recently passed. They not only let me back on but everyone helped me find it. Very generous of them.

I also once forgot an umbrella in the overhead bin, but didn't realize it until I was finally home.

And then I also forgot my prescription sunglasses on the plane - different airline - never got it. Even after filing a claim with Lost and Found.

So Now, if I am at my final destination I just wait until the last to get off so I can calmly get organized and check the area.

Also if you are flying to or from another country you may need to fill out customs forms and stuff (sometimes using your passport) and could easily put the passport in the seat pocket and forget it.

The point is not that it was totally OP's fault that the passport was forgotten. We've all done something unfortunate at one time in our past.

It would really have been nice if they could have managed a "Thanks gang, got it" from a phone while on the way to the terminal....or "it didn't work out and we're hoping to get to the first port." But as Shmoo noted, they probably had a rather rough day.

I am so sorry that I didn't see this until now as I have a friend that works at that passport office and would have at least been able to get information for you.

I'll have to reach out to her and see if anyone came in trying to get a passport in an emergency.

Since we haven't heard from you and I watched the ship leave earlier, I assume you made it on. Truly hope you did.

That passport is in the Omni building in downtown Miami, near the port. You can take the Metromover to the Omni station and it's across the street. It's by the Hilton in downtown.

Lots of our CVS and Walgreens have the machines to take the passport pictures. The one here on Brickell Ave next to the JW Marriott does, that's where I got mine when we renewed.