Filed a complaint with guest relations but still want to book more

ellasmomanddad

I didn’t get anything wrong. I asked if that was what he was asking. That’s the purpose of a question mark at the end of a sentence.

If you are going to try and call someone out have the guts to actually do it instead of passive aggressive nonsense.

:')

My boyfriend is actually a senior staffer on The Dawn so I have an personal interest in this topic whereas you are just trying to stir the pot.

You did when you implied that I got a free meal at le bistro I did not if your bf works on dawn you would know that maduro is where suite guest have breakfast and lunch..Basically you where completely wrong

Edited by ellasmomanddad
Typo

We recently had a rough cruise between rough rough seas ( the blood vessels in my eyes broke from lack of sleep I can provide pictures for doubters) rude staff and not receiving perks we paid for. Nonetheless I'm sitting here going in between cc and ncl websites researching my next reservation without receiving a call back to address my issues.

Should I call ncl and tell them I'm prepared to make multiple deposits for future cruises depending on how guest relations handles my past cruise, or do I wait the 3 weeks for a call. For the record I would be a suite or haven guest exclusively would they handle me different with that knowledge.

My wife had I had several issues on an NCL cruise earlier this year . We will definitely never again cruise on the Breakaway and will very likely never cruise on NCL again.

You did when you imused that I got a free meal at le bistro I did not if your bf works on dawn you would know that maduro is where suite guest have breakfast and lunch..Basically you where completely wrong

Your post in that other thread stated you got a “day” in Le Bistro because of “maintenance”. If you would proofread what you write before you post it to make sure it comes out as you intended you probably wouldn’t be having the problems you are having in this thread.

I don’t know what “maduro” is but I’m sure it’s lovely.

Go from laying down to standing in an average 25 foot waves emphasis on avg and not sleep for 4 days ( neither did crew probably where the rude staff part comes in they where even more exhausted than usual) because the captain wanted to get away from a hurricane that still hasn't gotten to where we were by driving into 1 that we went thru to get to our destination. I'm sorry captains have choices and he made the wrong 1.

Thanks for hijacking btw. My question was to wait to hear from guest relations or it doesn't matter.

Lol, I highly doubt captains have as much choice as you think they do. But then I don't know, and I doubt you do either. I'm sorry you feel you weren't treated as well as you thought you should be though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think it was nice of you not to take the refund of your DSC, many would and to me it is not fair nor the fault of the staff for rough seas. So, good there. On our cruise we completely skipped one of our ports and did not get our 50 excursion credit, nor did I expect too. It's only 50, and stuff happens. i agree with other posters, using threats about booking or not booking future cruises doesn't seem productive.

Like I said trolls no help just hostility.

I simply asked if you would book a cruise without hearing from guest relations about another issue. The issue was never about the thread posters turned into that.

So I guess the question should be what's the point of guest relations if your not allowed to call because cc trolls get there underwear stuck up there good when someone says ncl messed up. If you actually read my post I have never been unreasonable or disrespectful toward the line we had a bad cruise it happens, alot in the last 2 months on every line. I believe most people questioning me would be the first to pull DSC money if there was 1 single thing wrong I'm not doing that or trying to cheat anybody I just asked if I wait to hear from the appearantly forbidden guest relations before researching more ncl cruises.

Ma'am if you went in with this attitude I can see why you got no where.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Your post in that other thread stated you got a “day” in Le Bistro because of “maintenance”. If you would proofread what you write before you post it to make sure it comes out as you intended you probably wouldn’t be having the problems you are having in this thread.

I don’t know what “maduro” is but I’m sure it’s lovely.

That's funny you pull a quote from a thread titled suite benifit so everybody in that thread knew exactly what I was saying the only 1 person doesn't you. And yes it was a day because multiple meals are served. The point of that post to be clear was that I don't normally eat there so it was nice. Context is everything I provided it in that thread so it made sense there. Why does it have to be made clear for you in this thread. Once again your wrong

So concierge letter saying all excursions were cancelled isn't true and by your own account long lines at guest services isn't ncl it's the passengers, and by your account you must have been the only one to enjoy that cruise. You said the lines where long.

I was on this cruise too. I could not believe after reading this thread that it was the same cruise we were on. There were some rough seas but I have experienced much worse. Plus I put my trust in our captains decision. Lastly you can’t expect perfect seas during hurricane season .... maybe you should consider another time if the year??? By the way there certain excursions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I fail to see how rough sea is a reason to complain. You decide to cruise in hurricane season, and this is the risk that you would take. I just fail to see how you believe that you would know better than a professional captain. The captain could have done an excellent job to prevent you from any kind of injury while you were whining about the rough sea.

I also hate that when people try to threaten to get what they want.

That's funny you pull a quote from a thread titled suite benifit so everybody in that thread knew exactly what I was saying the only 1 person doesn't you. And yes it was a day because multiple meals are served. The point of that post to be clear was that I don't normally eat there so it was nice. Context is everything I provided it in that thread so it made sense there. Why does it have to be made clear for you in this thread. Once again your wrong

They're not actually wrong, they probably know it as "Moderno", so they were just confused by your name change.

This has certainly been an entertaining thread!

Now that there have been 2 other pax on this sailing that have refuted the weather conditions, Who are we to believe ?

OP is convinced they were wronged and nothing will change that obviously!

This has certainly been an entertaining thread!

Now that there have been 2 other pax on this sailing that have refuted the weather conditions, Who are we to believe ?

OP is convinced they were wronged and nothing will change that obviously!

It's less that they refuted the weather conditions and more that they said the conditions "weren't that bad" or that they'd "seen worse". I suppose it really hinges on whether one believes the OP is lying about people in the medical center having received injuries from the conditions.

It sounds like you want to go about booking more cruises but need an issue to be 'rectified' before you do. IMHO calling them and saying that your future bookings are depending on 'how this is handled' will only lead to frustration. As you can see from replies people are reading that as everything from a free dinner to a free cruise. My advice would be to decide what it would take to make this right to you. Then call, not the main booking line, but whoever takes the customer service complaints. My suggestion is that you shoot for OBC or a future cruise credit. These items will only have value IF you book so they will be easier to get than any refund at this point.

And you have to decide for yourself, that if they say no; whether or not that's a deal breaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It sounds like you want to go about booking more cruises but need an issue to be 'rectified' before you do. IMHO calling them and saying that your future bookings are depending on 'how this is handled' will only lead to frustration. As you can see from replies people are reading that as everything from a free dinner to a free cruise. My advice would be to decide what it would take to make this right to you. Then call, not the main booking line, but whoever takes the customer service complaints. My suggestion is that you shoot for OBC or a future cruise credit. These items will only have value IF you book so they will be easier to get than any refund at this point.

And you have to decide for yourself, that if they say no; whether or not that's a deal breaker.

Touché. Well said.

I agree with the poster above - decide what would make you feel 'whole' and proceed accordingly.

I don't think NCL cares whether you will book again or not.

I booked and cancelled two different cruises with them in the last two years. Both cancellations were because of things NCL did, and I made that politely clear when I cancelled.

They don't care - and I am also Platinum with a history of booking suites.

I have been happily cruising other lines. Don't be afraid to try CCL, Celebrity also has a good suite product. When all the extra charges are included, NCL's prices aren't all that spectacular. You can always go back to NCL if you find it to be a better fit.

On a side note - don't let the thread get to you. Most people don't read the posts and jump to conclusions.

I find it especially amusing that it is assumed that people make up complaints. For example, they have all cruised enough to know that different people can have different experiences, in different cabins, in different locations on board, in high seas. And yet many assume you have nothing better to do than fabricate stories.

I agree with others - make a clear and concise list of what you feel you were slighted on, and submit it to NCL (email might be a good option). Threatening not to book future cruises in Haven just makes you look like an entitled, spoiled individual (plus, Haven is pretty popular - if you don't book it, there's 10 people in line behind you who will and NCL knows that).

In the meantime you may want to look at your cruise contract - NCL has the right to change itineraries and cancel ports & excursions at their discretion.

Rough seas can happen at any time but are certainly more likely during hurricane season - in the future, perhaps you would do well to avoid sailing at this time of year.

It appears the OP knows more than anyone about everything and seems to be better at routing the ship as a storm heads toward the ship than the captain or anyone does. Also, she really isn't rude, just misunderstood. I am sorry but I started questioning this entire thing when she had an answer or come back for anything said that didn't please her. I am also wondering where she got the idea it cost $500 just to see the ship doctor. Of course they don't take insurance, why would they? As for cost, our daughter did break her arm on an NCL cruise, yes rough seas, she fell out of bed and hit her arm on the little table. There was absolutely no charge. The same when my husband tripped over a lounge chair: no charge and when I had a knee problem the only charge was a $75 fee which I was more than glad to pay. I also have to question 5 people being in the clinic with broken bones at one time, rough seas or not?

OK, OP you have made your point, write or call NCL, do what you want and let the chips fall but I am doubting you will get much, if anything for your inconvenience. And as I said before, be thankful everyone, is safe and back on shore.

It appears the OP knows more than anyone about everything and seems to be better at routing the ship as a storm heads toward the ship than the captain or anyone does. Also, she really isn't rude, just misunderstood. I am sorry but I started questioning this entire thing when she had an answer or come back for anything said that didn't please her. I am also wondering where she got the idea it cost $500 just to see the ship doctor. Of course they don't take insurance, why would they? As for cost, our daughter did break her arm on an NCL cruise, yes rough seas, she fell out of bed and hit her arm on the little table. There was absolutely no charge. The same when my husband tripped over a lounge chair: no charge and when I had a knee problem the only charge was a $75 fee which I was more than glad to pay. I also have to question 5 people being in the clinic with broken bones at one time, rough seas or not?

OK, OP you have made your point, write or call NCL, do what you want and let the chips fall but I am doubting you will get much, if anything for your inconvenience. And as I said before, be thankful everyone, is safe and back on shore.

Small correction:

OP is a "He", not a "She". He refered to his wife and daughter in an earlier post.

I think he now has all of the info he needs to address his situation.

Rough seas are not the cruise lines fault. I cruised hurricane Mitch in 1996. My first cruise and it hasn't made me change my mind regarding what happened, where we went or what we couldn't do. My daughter still talks about the fun they had with the wind and high seas