Used NCL's laundry service for the first time

Peachypooh

Up until now I have just done a little laundry in the sink and hung it up specifically packing things that were quick drying. This last time since it was a longer trip and also spent a few days on land beforehand thought I would

check out their laundry service. I did not use the bulk service but the per item service with a 50 percent off coupon for being Gold.

Pros-Cost

It cost us just a little under $10 to do the laundry but of course this had to do with what we sent out

We used the fold service and everything was nicely pressed and folded in a basket

We got back everything we sent out and in a very timely manner (by the next day)

Con-

The only con is that some white items came back gray and my white tee shirts came back

pink. I was able to bleach out the ones that came back gray but the pink tee shirts were a

loss. I really didn't care as I got them at Walmart for $4.99 knowing during travel these things

happen.

So I will definitely use their service again but won't send out any white items. I am sure others

have gotten back white items just fine but this wasn't the case for us.

Final grade on their laundry service A-

I'd used the laundry service numerous times without any problems, to include more delicate items. (I was very impressed when we took the behind-the-scenes tour to see one of my blouses hanging aside for special treatment.) That stopped when the laundry ruined one of my blouses. I still use it, but only for more hardy items.

To the user beware: Don't send your delicate items out to the laundry service.

Up until now I have just done a little laundry in the sink and hung it up specifically packing things that were quick drying. This last time since it was a longer trip and also spent a few days on land beforehand thought I would

check out their laundry service. I did not use the bulk service but the per item service with a 50 percent off coupon for being Gold.

Pros-Cost

It cost us just a little under $10 to do the laundry but of course this had to do with what we sent out

We used the fold service and everything was nicely pressed and folded in a basket

We got back everything we sent out and in a very timely manner (by the next day)

Con-

The only con is that some white items came back gray and my white tee shirts came back

pink. I was able to bleach out the ones that came back gray but the pink tee shirts were a

loss. I really didn't care as I got them at Walmart for $4.99 knowing during travel these things

happen.

So I will definitely use their service again but won't send out any white items. I am sure others

I used the service too for the first time, getting my gold 50%. Was very happy. Sent a white tshirt, only a cheap one, and it was fine. Sent some stretch shorts though and I think they shrunk, probably shouldn't have been tumble dried, but I didn't like them any so didn't matter. Our friends had one item missing on return, but they told them and it came the next day.

Pros-Cost

Con-

happen.

We have been using it for ages. I usually send a couple of things to be pressed the day we board the ship because they usually run a 50% off and then we take advantage of our free bags of laundry for being plat plus. And yes, you are right, the white cloths are not always as white as before they leave the cabin. I am guessing they wash everything together with no bleach. Otherwise, I have no problems and love the idea of being able to pack lighter, knowing I can have cloths laundered on the ship.

The only trouble we have had with NCL's laundry service is finding some or their stickers!!!

Yep, when we cruise in the winter having our summer cloths laundered and often don't wear them again until spring, we always remember the last time we wore them: we feel a little scratch and check; laundry sticker from our cruise. ;p

We used the 50% Gold discount for an itemized list on the Star. After 2 days, I started to get worried because the clothes weren't returned. I asked our steward, and he said he had already put everything (almost all on hangers) in the closet. Talk about being embarrassed.

We just used the free platinum bag on the Jade this past week. It came back better than any laundry we've ever sent on any ship any line we've traveled. Amazing! We also did the platinum tour and the laundry director Ari gave a great talk. I am thinking the leadership in this deparment made the difference on this ship....and on others where it did not come back as perfectly as it did this time.

• 8 months later...
So I need to understand the Gold benefit in detail. It's only 50% off ITEMIZED laundry throughout the cruise or half off of a $20 bag on day 4 returned on day 6. With the Platinum it appears to be free bag anytime during the cruise.

You can use your 50% off of the fill-a-bag.

We also did laundry for the first time on the Jade a few weeks ago, platinum benefit, and it was good.

The only complaint I have is where the stickers are placed, on the threading, so when it is pulled off it weakens the thread. But, still liked the service and would use it again.

The laundry services are not perfect but way better than Carnival's. With NCL everything comes back pressed and folded in a basket. Carnival did not press and was shrunk. We use the platinum laundry service on every cruise.

We've never used the laundry service, but will in November. Didn't realize items were pressed! Thanks for the info!

Pros-Cost

Con-

happen.

Oh yes, the sticker problem. Because we normally cruise in the winter when it is cold here and then many of our laundered items are put away until spring after returning home, we sometimes are still finding those stickers clear into summer.

Edited by newmexicoNita

You can use your 50% off of the fill-a-bag.

OK, but my main question is can I use the fill-a-bag BEFORE the 4th day since I don't need my clothes returned clean on day 6 for the flight home. I need them clean at the beginning having been in Europe for a week before the cruise begins.