How strictly does RC adhere to uploaded photo requirements?

So, this is the warning they have on their page for uploaded photo requirements:

Please observe the following guidelines when taking or uploading your security photo:

-Photo must reflect your current appearance.

-Take the photo straight on, with face and shoulders centered to the camera.

-No angled views, head tilted or side profiles.

-Use a plain white or neutral off-white background.

-No hats, head coverings or sunglasses

-Hold a calm, neutral facial expression with both eyes open and clearly visible; no squinting.

-You must be the only person appearing in the photo. Please do not use an existing photo that includes other people in any way.

-If you are uploading a photo from your computer, it must be in JPEG format.

Additional notes for children and infants:

Children and infants must appear alone in the photo; parents and guardians should not be visible. Arms and hands used to support an infant should not appear in the photo.

If your photo does not meet requirements, it may have to be retaken at the pier and cause delays in your boarding process.

What if you upload a photo that isn't of a white background? Will they make us take it again at the terminal?

So, this is the warning they have on their page for uploaded photo requirements:

What if you upload a photo that isn't of a white background? Will they make us take it again at the terminal?

Seems pretty straight forward.

"If your photo does not meet requirements, it may have to be retaken at the pier and cause delays in your boarding process."

I did not upload, it's not mandatory, doing ours at check in

Edited by setsail

Interesting, did you follow their guide to the letter and still get rejected?

We got ours rejected too.. It takes no time the replacement. Delayed us less than 2 minutes. Their actual requirements are pretty hard to do in your own home

When we went on Anthem we followed the guidelines for uploading a photo but they still wanted to retake them at the pier, they said they were a touch too dark but they looked OK to us, no biggie, it took seconds and did not really delay us.

Hi,

The background doesn't have to be white as long as it's plain and light enough to show you up.

One tip I have found is that when you take the photo use the camera in landscape instead of portrait, for some reason if in portrait it turns the photo by 90 degrees and even rotating the photo doesn't work.

Uploading photos does save boarding time for everyone, individually it may only take a moment or two but it makes a difference added up.

Pete

Thank you! Good to know! I guess we'll try our best at home and see what happens.

I agree, a few min isn't a huge delay, but added up across 5000-6000 passengers, it makes a difference. Which is probably why RC started doing this.

Edited by GuavaTechAngels

We got ours rejected too.. It takes no time the replacement. Delayed us less than 2 minutes. Their actual requirements are pretty hard to do in your own home

Actually they look pretty close to the passport photo requirements IMO. What's hard about the requirements (unless you don't have a neutral color wall to serve as your background)?

I did not upload, it's not mandatory, doing ours at check in

That doesn't answer the question asked and is not relevant whatsoever.

Sorry but this is very relevant. Some people seem to think this is mandatory.

For some people, toying around with check-in options like adding your photo in advance is an enjoyable part of having some fun with their cruise planning.

Myself, I will patiently wait for them to take my picture, but those who choose this option, please enjoy yourself!

I did find it interesting that even though some posters said that they had a photo on file that they were still asked to have one taken at check-in.

I also found the responses about having a photo rejected very interesting.

Have a great day dreaming about your future cruises.

For some people, toying around with check-in options like adding your photo in advance is an enjoyable part of having some fun with their cruise planning.

Myself, I will patiently wait for them to take my picture, but those who choose this option, please enjoy yourself!

I did find it interesting that even though some posters said that they had a photo on file that they were still asked to have one taken at check-in.

I also found the responses about having a photo rejected very interesting.

Have a great day dreaming about your future cruises.

It isn't a matter of "toying around with check-in options", Quantum class ships and Harmony have a different type of sea pass and a different check in process. You check in with a roaming rep who has a tablet. You do not receive a sea pass card until you go to your cabin. You use your set sail pass to board the ship and make purchases until you have access to your cabin to retrieve your sea pass card.

I took pictures of family members against the wall (off white paint color) and it worked out fine. I used a passport photo to judge how much to crop the pictures. Saved the pictures to my computer and uploaded them on the website. It wasn't hard...

I used my current passport photo for myself (scanned it from an original, not the book) and that worked as well.

I'm not understanding this whole thread. Why are people taking pictures of themselves? Where are you sending them? Is this in place of a passport or ID?

Quantum class and Harmony have a different type of checkin - only applies to those ships.