Whats Your Favorite Carnival Ship

Lonely At The Top

Ecstasy. I'd choose the Fantasy but I like the Ecstasy's larger rear lounge better. I've only been on the Ecstasy, Sunshine, and Fantasy though so I don't have a big sample size.

Every time I've been on the Ecstasy the food has been wonderful.

I did not choose the Sunshine as I do not relish standing 4 deep shoulder to shoulder for 30 minutes for a muster drill, nor do I enjoy standing outside the comedy club for 30 minutes only to get a seat on the side of the theater where I have to watch the show on a TV.

We've been on the Freedom(2x), Magic(2x), Legend, Liberty, Glory....getting on the Breeze on Sunday.

Favorite so far purely on ships decor and layout: Freedom. Liberty and Glory are tied for second.

Magic is nice but decor is meh.

Legend is funky layout and very dark decor.

I am a fan of Farcus designs, so I may not like the Breeze decor. We'll see soon.

robin

I prefer the Fantasy & Spirit class ships myself....Maybe because they are typically older ships and not as popular, but there never seems to be crowds....Been on the Glory and Freedom and even tho a bit bigger, immediately noticed the crowds and this carried over to the Dream class, only worse. I realize the larger ships are the newer ones and typically have more bells and whistles, but for me, its not worth standing in line for 30 mins to sample a bell or whistle....I enjoyed the Freedom and Glory, but i really like the Elation, that is my personal favorite

The Breeze [emoji7]

I love all the bells and whistles! So much to do and many places to eat. Love the cove balconies, great service. Even though it’s a larger ship it never felt too crowded. I also love the decor. I’ve not been on the Vista yet and I don’t love the Farcus designed ships. I don’t like that many of the older ships have an adults only pool. We travel as a family with our kids so to be limited to only using the one pool is not great for us. I feel like the Breeze is very family friendly. If it were just my husband and I traveling alone we would love to enjoy an adults only pool, so I think it’s great that carnival offers both. I feel like the breeze may be the perfect blend between vista and Farcus designs. We’ve had two great cruises on the Breeze and it holds some fun memories for us. We will be in her in May and then the vista in October! Can’t wait to see how they compare!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by belle2

Toss of a coin between the Legend and the Pride.

I'm leaning towards the Legend due to memories! We went on a Cruise to Nowhere out of New York in October 2004 for my parents 50th anniversary. So glad we went as my dad passed away 2 months later.

Karen

The Breeze [emoji7]

I love all the bells and whistles! So much to do and many places to eat. Love the cove balconies, great service. Even though it’s a larger ship it never felt too crowded. I also love the decor. I’ve not been on the Vista yet and I don’t love the Farcus designed ships. I don’t like that many of the older ships have an adults only pool. We travel as a family with our kids so to be limited to only using the one pool is not great for us. I feel like the Breeze is very family friendly. If it were just my husband and I traveling alone we would love to enjoy an adults only pool, so I think it’s great that carnival offers both. I feel like the breeze may be the perfect blend between vista and Farcus designs. We’ve had two great cruises on the Breeze and it holds some fun memories for us. We will be in her in May and then the vista in October! Can’t wait to see how they compare!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Been on both ships.....Based on all the carnival ships I've cruised on Breeze #1 and Vista #2..... So don't be afraid to cruise the Vista or Horizon!!

Also...Love the walkaround promenade deck on both ships with outside seating for beverages and restaurants...Also hot tubs on Breeze

We sail a number of lines, but for the Carnival ones Sunshine is easily our favorite. It has what we most like in a ship.

Food options : tons of them. More than most. Jiji's Asian Kitchen is incredible and the best value at sea. Cucian del Capitano is also very good as is the steakhouse.

Serenity : better than the ones on other Carnival ships we have experienced. Its the only one that is three decks high. It has its own pool with a waterfall. Love it!!

The comedy club is smaller than some others but not much of a priority for us as we can take or leave the comedy shows. The comedians they employ tend toward the pick on audience member variety which we do not enjoy.

Love the unique theater set up. Very beautiful and site lines are excellent.

The Destiny is my favorite followed by the Breeze.

Of course you realize that the former Destiny is now called the Sunshine. We sailed on the Destiny before the re-do. We had one of the L-shaped cabins in the Aft, which we both liked. I think my wife liked the Destiny more than I did. I thought the layout of the ship was a bit odd. It was okay. Just not one of my favorites.

I am a bit surprised....I know its only 20 posts but i thought i would have seen more Vista votes....I think i have seen it mentioned once....Seems like the Breeze and Sunshine are popular ships

Vista is still fairly new..... I personally loved this ship , especially the Havana area