Done the Fantasy class, Triumph class, and Conquest class, what should I do next?

Joebucks

I've been on the Victory, Liberty, and Fascination (all since last year, not a bad start to cruising life!). I just got off of the Fascination, and had a great time. I have another Fantasy-class booked later this year on the Sensation. After that, I plan on taking a long break from the tiny ships. I don't hate them. They actually had their advantages. I do like having more options. I REALLY missed the dive-in movies. I also really appreciate the in-room fridge more than I thought.

I told myself I really wanted to do the Horizon next. I love the idea of all of the bells and whistles. I can survive crowding. I want to experience the Red Frog Pub, Jiji, Guys BBQ, and Cucina. Teppanyaki sounds great, but it's not a deal-breaker. I have also never been to the steakhouse. Food isn't the whole vacation, but to have so many more options sounds great! Havana isn't important to me at the moment. I'd like to keep that in my back pocket as a new experience to try if things start to get stale. I would do the Sky Ride, but again, not a deal-breaker Then I realized, maybe I don't need to go on the Horizon, why not the Vista? Then I realized I can get a lot of these things on the Dream class, and even Sunshine. .

As far as itinerary, I'm fairly open there. I would probably stay away from Bahamas just because 2 of my 4 cruises have already been there. The only other thing is I'm not as interested in the Baja Mexico itinerary until the Panorama gets there. I'm mostly concerned about the boat for my next booking. Should I continue to work lower and move my way up? The prices seem pretty similar across the board. It seems like I may get 1 day longer for the same price on a Dream class. To be honest, even 1 extra day sounds exciting as I love each and every day I'm cruising. Let's hear some thoughts!

I will second the Dream class. I have my second cruise on the Dream booked in Sept. If you get a chance to sail on her before she leaves New Orleans I would jump on it! Sail away down the Mississippi has some great scenery and it very different to simply sailing straight out into the ocean. My best friend just got off the Magic a few weeks ago and she absolutely loved it. And the Breeze seems to be a favorite on these boards. I don't think you could go wrong with any of the three.

Does the next one have to be Carnival? I realize we are on Carnival boards here, but. . . just sayin' there are other lines. There's no reason to choose the ships in a specific order, unless you are that sort of an organized project type of person. If you like bells and whistles, you might do like we did, and go straight from Carnival Sensation to Oasis of the Seas a few weeks later. Royal does not have Guy's, Blue Iguana, or 24 hour soft-serve, but they keep you plenty well fed just the same.

Otherwise, if it's Carnival or Bust, then I would pick based on schedule and ports. Even within the same class they have different décor and somewhat different activities.

Our favorite is the Spirit class. Much bigger than Fantasy but do not seem crowded. But if you want bells and whistles go with the Dream class. We loved the Dream and the Breeze. You can't go wrong either way!

We prefer the Sunshine to all of them - and she is really in a class by herself. The advantages of the size of the Triumph with tons of great food options, a fun ropes course, great serenity area, Alchemy etc. Our least favorite to date has been Magic (Dream class) because she was SOOOO crowded - walking through the Lido buffet was like herding cattle.

We also really enjoy the Spirit class ships for their size.

Since you seem to be on a Carnival binge, and have already done one of the more unique itineraries, I would suggest that you look at where the ships GO. Legend right now is in Alaska and that is a beautiful, and unique trip. Or what about Bermuda? You will eventually work your way through the classes of the ships while sailing to different chosen destinations - at least that is what has happened for us.

Does the next one have to be Carnival? I realize we are on Carnival boards here, but. . . just sayin' there are other lines. There's no reason to choose the ships in a specific order, unless you are that sort of an organized project type of person. If you like bells and whistles, you might do like we did, and go straight from Carnival Sensation to Oasis of the Seas a few weeks later. Royal does not have Guy's, Blue Iguana, or 24 hour soft-serve, but they keep you plenty well fed just the same.

Otherwise, if it's Carnival or Bust, then I would pick based on schedule and ports. Even within the same class they have different décor and somewhat different activities.

I am interested in a Royal Carribean cruise. If I do it, it will definitely be Oasis class. The price has been a bit of a concern. While it's not THAT much more, it is more, which hurts the ability to do as many as I want. I will definitely try it one day though. Right now, I am having fun on Carnival, and have so much more to experience there.

I think the Dream class might be the next one. I've heard so many good things. I will get to try new things. The price is also better.

I am interested in a Royal Carribean cruise. If I do it, it will definitely be Oasis class. The price has been a bit of a concern. While it's not THAT much more, it is more, which hurts the ability to do as many as I want. I will definitely try it one day though. Right now, I am having fun on Carnival, and have so much more to experience there.

I think the Dream class might be the next one. I've heard so many good things. I will get to try new things. The price is also better.

I've been on the Magic twice (3rd trip scheduled for this August) and got a trip for the Dream next February. I used to think the Spirit class was my favorite, until I sailed the Magic :)

My favorite class used to be Conquest, and I've sailed each of those 5 ships numerous times, while avoiding the older Fantasy line. I just completed the Dream trilogy, and sailed the Vista with the Horizon booked 2 weeks away.

However, I like the advice given above not to limit oneself to Carnival. There are plenty of other ships on other lines out there ready for you to explore. I've enjoyed NCL and Celebrity, and will be trying MSC Seaside (new ship, low low introductory fares with unlimited drinks, and loyalty status match) in the fall.