Are mini bars actually empty when boarding now?

Was just curious as I hadn't seen a topic related to this. Just wanted to know if anybody recently off a cruise (specifically Liberty) has embarked with their mini bar fridge thing already empty? Also if it is empty, to get it stocked like normal do you contact your steward or room service or guest services?

Was just curious as I hadn't seen a topic related to this. Just wanted to know if anybody recently off a cruise (specifically Liberty) has embarked with their mini bar fridge thing already empty? Also if it is empty, to get it stocked like normal do you contact your steward or room service or guest services?

I wasn't on the Liberty, but was on the Magic out of Galveston last month and our fridge was empty for the first time. We didn't want it stocked so didn't ask our steward.

We were on the Dream in January on a B2B and both cabins fridges were full and asked the cabin steward to remove everything. We fill it with water and soda, both fridges were very cold, like beer cold

Ours was empty on Magic. I didn't like the idea at first as we've always bought stuff from the mini bar. Turned out to not be that bad. We had pre-purchased a couple of four packs of beer from the fun shops along with a couple of cases of bottled water. We also brought some canned soda with us as well. We were able to stock the fridge ourselves. Had our convenient close to hand beer, and were able to keep our water and soda cold. Win-Win.

On Conquest in October and Miracle just a few weeks ago in March, the mini bar/fridge was stocked.

We don't bother waiting for the steward to empty it.

We just do it ourselves and then show them what we have done. We are generally in a cabin(balcony or suite) with a sofa that has a drawer underneath and we put the items into that drawer.

I'd prefer it empty, so I can fill it with bottled water and Diet Coke from the Fun Shops. On Glory we removed the minibar contents ourselves, placed them on the counter and told our cabin steward about it. The steward removed the items altogether that evening.

If JH hasn't made this a poll item on the book of faces, he should.

Edited by undercat

I'd prefer it empty, so I can fill it with bottled water and Diet Coke from the Fun Shops. On Glory we removed the minibar contents ourselves, placed them on the counter and told our cabin steward about it. The steward removed the items altogether that evening.

If JH hasn't made this a poll item on the book of faces, he should.

He already stated that all mini fridges will be empty on embarkation. However, it seems like it hasn't been implemented fleet wide yet.

It was on here when it was first announced. They are doing a test on certain ships.

But the usual suspects came on who had not heard about it, and accused the OP of stirring up nonsense. The post disappeared, including the details.