Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:35 PM.
Coastal North Carolina
7,484 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
I’ve had Princess upgrade me from a cabin marked do not upgrade, traveling with other family members three cabins in a row, with all bookings cross referenced all marked do not upgrade. So I don’t think the computer really reads it either! We were upgraded from an inside to a nearby accessible balcony, so it worked out fine, but lesson learned, check your booking all the time!

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sunsetbeachgal. Princess Elite Member, HAL *** Mariner
From the Sunny North Carolina Coast

Next: British Isles, Royal Princess June, 2018

Completed: Regal Princess, Feb 2017, Oasis of the Seas, Nov., 2016, Regal Princess Repo. Oct. 2016, Scenic Cruises Rhine River, June, 2016, Coral Princess Carib., Jan, 2016, HAL Eurodam, N. Europe, June, 2015, Regal Princess Carib., Jan. 2015, HAL Prinsendam, No. Europe, Sept. 2014, Freedom of the Seas, W. Carib, March, 2014, HAL Eurodam, W. Carib. Nov., 2013, Royal Princess Grand Med., July, 2013, Emerald Princess, Carib., Jan. 2013, Sapphire Princess, California Coastal, Oct. 2012, Enchantment of the Seas-Bermuda, Aug. 2012, Freedom of the Seas-Carib., May, 2012, Star Princess, S. Carib. Mar., 2011, Ocean Princess-Greek Isles/Med-Sept., 2010, Crown Princess-W. Carib. March, 2010, Island Princess-Panama Canal, Nov. 2009, Emerald Princess S. Carib., Jan. 2009, Coral Princess-Alaska Cruisetour-June, 2008, Emerald Princess-S. Carib.- Jan., 2008, Mariner of the Seas-E. Carib.-January, 2007, Golden Princess-Med/Greek Isles-October, 2006, Star Princess-W. Carib.-January, 2006, Golden Princess-W. Europe/British Isles-June, 2005, HAL Zuiderdam-E. Carib.-Dec. 2003, HAL Volendam-W. Carib.-Dec. 2002. Silversea-Silver Whisper-Med.-May, 2002, Grand Princess-W. Carib.-Oct. 2001, Sea Princess-W. Carib.-Feb, 2000, Carnival Destiny-Canada/N.E.-June, 2000, HAL Maasdam-Baltic/Russia-July, 2000, Grand Princess-Grand Med.-June, 1999 and others...celebrating 35 years of cruising!
26,884 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
Originally posted by Reader0108598
Thank you! On crown princess you walk out your door up a small set of stairs and you have a large aft deck and pool. They can keep that window..lol An upgrade is not always an upgrade!
This is a great location! I would take it over an oceanview any day.

Plaza and Lido decks are also good for inside cabins.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email Me
USA
2,334 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Originally posted by Coral
This is a great location! I would take it over an oceanview any day.

Plaza and Lido decks are also good for inside cabins.
Thanks Coral I agree,just waiting to hear if I got my cabin back
USA
2,334 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Originally posted by sunsetbeachgal
I’ve had Princess upgrade me from a cabin marked do not upgrade, traveling with other family members three cabins in a row, with all bookings cross referenced all marked do not upgrade. So I don’t think the computer really reads it either! We were upgraded from an inside to a nearby accessible balcony, so it worked out fine, but lesson learned, check your booking all the time!

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Glad it worked out for you
26,884 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
Thanks Coral I agree,just waiting to hear if I got my cabin back
You probably won't hear back until Monday but I am guessing you will get it!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email Me
Sacramento Area, CA
1,220 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
Originally posted by cherylandtk
Tedferg, Perhaps you are looking at the deck plans of a different ship?? OP is not on Plaza, is on Riviera, although Crown does have a Plaza deck, too. The big deck area being discussed is the aft Terrace pool.
correct - I deleted the post when I took a second look at Deck Plan :-)
741 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
Wouldnt change my Plaza inside unless its to a balcony.

Love getting my coffee early in the morning at the International Cafe and enjoying the Atrium before the ship wakes up!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
1989 HAL Westerdam Alaska,1992 Fair Princess Mex. Riviera, 1995 Legend of the Seas Panama
1998 Serenade of the Seas Transatlantic,1999 HAL Ryndam Eastern Caribb., 2000 Carnival Fascination Caribbean
2000 Carnival Inspiration Caribbean,2001 Celebrity Infinity Alaska,2002 Carnival Elation Mexican Riviera,
2003 Celebrity Mercury Western Carib.,2004 Norwegian Star Pacific Coastal, 2005 RCCL Brilliance of the Seas Western Med.
2006 Grand Princess Western Carib., 2006 Diamond Princess Pacific Coastal, 2007 Carnival Freedom Mediterranean
2007 Golden Princess Pacific Coastal, 2008 Carnival Pride Mexican Riviera. 2008 NCL Jewel Baltic,
2008 HAL Volendam Alaska 2009 Carnival Spirit Mexican Riviera 2009 HAL Zuiderdam Alaska
2010 Sapphire Princess Mexican Rivier a2010 Norwegian Jem Greek Islands
2010 Costa Atlantica, New Engand 2011 Sapphire Princes Mexican Riviera
2012 Carnival Magic Western Caribbean
RCCL Transatlantic 2012
Carnival Splendor South America 2013
Princess Sapphire Alaska 2013
MSC Opera 2014

I come from a land down under
26,245 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
No TA and it was marked no upgrade, been on 29 cruises I know the game. Problem was that the rep marked it no upgrade unless higher catagory. I never said that ! Picked this cabin for the deck right out of the door.
So not marked “no upgrade” but none unless higher cat, unfortunately what Princess (or any line) call a higher category many don’t think is an improvement, it’s why I now always say No upgrade, full stop.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

San Francisco
4,405 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
I haven’t heard anyone mentioning about the term META added to there reservations. It’s always on my reservations & it means that I will only except an upgrade to the next higher category like from inside to Ocean View or Ocean View to Balcony etc. It’s a great thing if you’re willing to be moved to a higher category.

The only time my stateroom was changed was on the Pacific Princess as they needed my inside handicapped stateroom. I was notified by my T/A.

Tom😎
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

USS Coral Sea, CVA 43, 1966-1967
26,245 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
Originally posted by trbarton
I haven’t heard anyone mentioning about the term META added to there reservations. It’s always on my reservations & it means that I will only except an upgrade to the next higher category like from inside to Ocean View or Ocean View to Balcony etc. It’s a great thing if you’re willing to be moved to a higher category.

The only time my stateroom was changed was on the Pacific Princess as they needed my inside handicapped stateroom. I was notified by my T/A.

Tom😎

But even then you can get moved to a cab8n you really don’t want or like.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

26,245 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
Of course they can always move you even when you say no upgrade, but that is really rare, think I’ve only heard of it happening to someone once and that was due to an issue with the selected cabin.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

USA
2,334 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Originally posted by GUT2407
So not marked “no upgrade” but none unless higher cat, unfortunately what Princess (or any line) call a higher category many don’t think is an improvement, it’s why I now always say No upgrade, full stop.
I did say No upgrade! do not know why they marked it like that!
This is exactly what I did not want. I mark all my bookings no upgrade.
Los Angeles Ca.
5,856 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
Hello

Crown princess 1/16/19 booked inside R736. I chose that cabin because of the huge deck right out the door. Asked to mark no upgrade! What do I see this morning but an email telling me I have been upgraded to plaza deck with a window!

I am going to call when they open wondering what my chance of getting my cabin back is. Anyone care to share their experience with this ?

Thank you Reader
Are you saying you don't want to go from an inside cabin to a perfect location on the Plaza deck in a window cabin? You are the exception, but call and get what you want. I wonder if you need that outside escape for a smoke? That's the only reason I can think you'd decline this lovely upgrade.
26,884 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
Originally posted by cruzsnooze
Are you saying you don't want to go from an inside cabin to a perfect location on the Plaza deck in a window cabin? You are the exception, but call and get what you want. I wonder if you need that outside escape for a smoke? That's the only reason I can think you'd decline this lovely upgrade.
Actually - the location the OP had is awesome. It is an inside cabin within steps of being at the aft pool area. IMO - the only upgrade that I would take in his situation is a balcony. For someone who loves to be outside - this is the perfect location. This deck area is often empty at night and first thing in the morning so it is like having a large aft deck to yourself. I love the location and I have never smoked a day in my life.

Plaza deck is convenient for International Cafe but not for going outside.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email Me
Florida
1,999 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Actually - the location the OP had is awesome. It is an inside cabin within steps of being at the aft pool area. IMO - the only upgrade that I would take in his situation is a balcony. For someone who loves to be outside - this is the perfect location. Not plaza deck.

why would anyone want to go outside if not to SMOKE ???...
Oklahoma
107 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
In March, my sister and her husband and my husband and I had close inside cabins. Three days before the cruise, I was notified that I had been “upgraded” to a midship cabin two floors higher. I called immediately and the worker assured me that I would get my original cabin back, but that it wouldn’t show up on my cruise personalizer.

I didn’t know whether to print my documents or not. On the day before the cruise, I called again and the worker told me that I should have called at least five days before to get my original cabin! She then assured me that I would be changed back, but to print the documents as showing on my personalizer.

I printed my documents with the new cabin information and,indeed, that is where I was placed. This cabin was a four-person cabin with the top beds hanging down. It was the most uncomfortable cabin we have experienced in twenty-five cruises!

Point of the story: Don’t believe what you are told. You will be placed wherever they choose. At least that was our experience.
West coast of Florida
811 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Just checked all four of our booked cruises ~ two in the next few weeks or so. Thankfully, no change. We also choose our cabins carefully as we prefer to be all of the way aft and also like access to the "private" pool. No, we do not smoke either. That's like suggesting that all of us who spring for a balcony are out there secretly smoking.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
May 1997 - Moorings charter in B.V.I.
April 2007 - Carnival Inspiration
May 2007 - Moorings charter in B.V.I
November 2008 - RCI Monarch of the Seas
July 2010 - Coral Princess
December 2011 - Carnival Legend
May 2012 - Moorings charter in B.V.I.
November 2012 - RCI Jewel of the Seas
April 2013 - MM Vacations charter in B.V.I.
November 2013 - Carnival Breeze
April 2014 - Ruby Princess
December 2014 - Regal Princess - Christmas Crusin'

January 2015 - Carnival Paradise - Women's Club Cruise
August 2015 - Emerald Princess - Black Sea Cruise
November 2015 - Emerald Princess - Thanksgiving Cruise

USA
2,334 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Originally posted by cruzsnooze

Don't smoke and yes I booked that cabin for the near by deck/pool! They can keep their lovely upgrade!
USA
2,334 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Actually - the location the OP had is awesome. It is an inside cabin within steps of being at the aft pool area. IMO - the only upgrade that I would take in his situation is a balcony. For someone who loves to be outside - this is the perfect location. This deck area is often empty at night and first thing in the morning so it is like having a large aft deck to yourself. I love the location and I have never smoked a day in my life.

You are spot on Coral!