Passport Renewal

sleepless

DH and I have booked a cruise on the Breakaway. We need to renew our passports; we are able to do so by mail. We do have our new passport photo's.

We have spent several hours, on the computer, trying to find a printable Passport Renewal Form. Has anyone had any luck, that would be willing to share the web address? We have found a couple of places, all requiring a fee to print the document.

Very frustrating. There is one application on the government travel site. I can print the document, but there are no lines or little boxes to write in - everything is blank open spaces. This would make filling in the passport renewal form confusing, and hard to read.

Thanks for any help in this matter. It is appreciated.

I'm not sure what web sites or forms you've been looking at, but it's quite simple to get the renewal application from the State Dept's web site, here, and there is absolutely no need to pay for a renewal form:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/apply-renew-passport/renew-by-mail.html

Just keep following the link and instructions for Form DS-82 (assuming you are eligible to renew by mail).

My wife and I each renewed our passports by mail last year, using Form DS-82. Both of our renewals were processed pretty quickly.

Good luck and have a great trip!

Thanks

I have been to www.travel/state.gov. I have printed the form in order to hand write the info in. That is the form missing all of the little lines and boxes - just blank open spaces. This would make it more difficult to fill in the boxes/spaces neatly.

Is there a way to type the info in on line, then print it. I can not directly type on the form.

Again, thanks.

Edited by sleepless

Thanks

I have been to www.travel/state.gov. I have printed the form in order to hand write the info in. That is the form missing all of the little lines and boxes - just blank open spaces. This would make it more difficult to fill in the boxes/spaces neatly.

Is there a way to type the info in on line, then print it. I can not directly type on the form.

Again, thanks.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/requirements/forms.html

Use the "form filler" option. Works fine.

Here is the link to the government web site. The easiest thing to do is use the fill it in online version, so that when you print it , the form is already filled out. Alternatively you can use the pdf version but the other way is neater.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/apply-renew-passport/renew-by-mail.html

Thank you so much. You are appreciated. I was able to access the form, and enter my info.

of course, it does help, if after you click on to "form filler" you accept the terms and conditions, so that you can have access to the form. Something that I was neglecting to do earlier.

I’ll be up for renewal soon. If you print the form, send in a new photo and the check.... do you still have to go to the post office?

No. Just send it where the instructions tell you. I had expedited mine and had it back in a week. Don't forget to send in your old passport.

Thank you so much. You are appreciated. I was able to access the form, and enter my info.

of course, it does help, if after you click on to "form filler" you accept the terms and conditions, so that you can have access to the form. Something that I was neglecting to do earlier.

Glad it worked out. Enjoy your cruise. :)

I’ll be up for renewal soon. If you print the form, send in a new photo and the check.... do you still have to go to the post office?

No, you don't. You can mail it anyway you want, but since you have to send your old PP I would suggest mailing it with some way to track the package, which would likely mean a trip to the post office to at least drop the package off.