Oh Darn-- I forgot....

Shaded Lady

I was wondering... what have you missed on a cruise? In other words, you get onboard and realize you left something important behind? What did you do about it?

I'll start with my own... one cruise I decided to put all my purse stuff that I was bringing into my backpack and in the process forgot my glasses! Fortunately Carnival has the $10 Store onboard and I was able to buy a pair of cheaters!

Another time I completely forgot to bring anything to sleep in! Au naturel is not for me so I had to steal one of hubby's tshirts!

I forgot my Burts bees lip balm cruise before last and only had one option in the fun shops. Wasn't too bad surprisingly.

We always forget the wine key. Not a big deal...just got one through room service.

Last cruise I forgot to dump my coffee out of my husbands thermos he uses for work. (He despises coffee) After sitting for a week in the car it took several washes to get the smell out. :p

Luckily I've never forgotten anything important or that we couldn' go without. Once, I didn' bring enough clothes for myself.

Great question Shaded Lady. Not us, but friends of ours. When they packed and put their luggage out the night before disembarkation, they forgot to leave outfits for the following day. Had to leave the ship in their PJ'S. I would have died. I have read this many times and seems to happen to a lot of people. :')

I forgot my Burts bees lip balm cruise before last and only had one option in the fun shops. Wasn't too bad surprisingly.

We always forget the wine key. Not a big deal...just got one through room service.

Last cruise I forgot to dump my coffee out of my husbands thermos he uses for work. (He despises coffee) After sitting for a week in the car it took several washes to get the smell out. :p

Luckily I've never forgotten anything important or that we couldn' go without. Once, I didn' bring enough clothes for myself.

Forgot your Burt's Bees Lip Balm? I would DIE! I'm a Burt's Bees junkie and am forever losing mine even though I have at least ten of them. :p:p:p:p

Forgot your Burt's Bees Lip Balm? I would DIE! I'm a Burt's Bees junkie and am forever losing mine even though I have at least ten of them. :p:p:p:p

Haha! Yeah, I was quite upset. I keep one in my work bag, one in my purse, one in my car, and a few at home. I get them on auto ship through Amazon. And still manage to not have one at work at least once a month.:eek:

Last cruise I forgot to dump my coffee out of my husbands thermos he uses for work. (He despises coffee) After sitting for a week in the car it took several washes to get the smell out. clear.png?emoji-tongue-1703

We did that too! And our car sat at the hotel's open air lot all week in 90 plus degree weather too. The smell was just awful! And we had to endure it the whole six hour drive home.

Medicine!

We arrived in Rome (Civit----) for a TA and when I opened my bag I realized that the 15 day supply was neatly arranged and sitting on our vanity at home! I keep a card listing the meds in my wallet, so the next day (that night the infirmary was jammed) I went down to "take my medicine". I'd heard horror stories of the high cost of medical work, and when they said they HAD to check blood pressure and heart rate first, visions of $$$$$$ flew through my mind. They had all five (generic versions) of my meds for fifteen days. They then presented me a bill----- for $29!!!! I couldn't get a nurse to check me and the med supply for $100+ in Connecticut! Luckily it worked out, though my wife OFTEN reminds of it.

Medicine!

We arrived in Rome (Civit----) for a TA and when I opened my bag I realized that the 15 day supply was neatly arranged and sitting on our vanity at home! I keep a card listing the meds in my wallet, so the next day (that night the infirmary was jammed) I went down to "take my medicine". I'd heard horror stories of the high cost of medical work, and when they said they HAD to check blood pressure and heart rate first, visions of $$$$$$ flew through my mind. They had all five (generic versions) of my meds for fifteen days. They then presented me a bill----- for $29!!!! I couldn't get a nurse to check me and the med supply for $100+ in Connecticut! Luckily it worked out, though my wife OFTEN reminds of it.

$29?! That is incredible!

The first time we sailed out of Tampa, we dropped the luggage off then drove across the street to park. Later on the ship, all of the bags arrived EXCEPT my bag that contained all of my shoes and toiletries. W kept saying it would show up eventually. After dinner, he finally said “I don’t remember getting your bag out of the car”. Then I say “define don’t remember”. It was at that point that we realized that I would be barefoot and stinky the entire 7 Days, which is not a good look [emoji102] ! The bag was left under the back seat of our SUV so we didn’t see it when we got out. Good thing our daughter was there, and we could share some of the items, or he would’ve had an unfortunate “accident” on that cruise! [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As we were driving away from the house, going over that inner check list, we discovered hubby forgot his swim suit. Laughed, turned around and got it. Luckily, we’ve never forgotten anything important. Most recent cruise I forgot my shampoo, contact lense solution and bandaids. Easy fixes in ft lauderdale

A black card with serious credit limit for medical bills! I only brought my debit card but fortunately the DH threw in a card that would hold my $25k in medical bills. Serviced

We're charged first then rendered. Same at the local hospital for emergency surgery. Left wondering what would they have done if we couldn't pay up front??? This was NCL btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hubby brought a suit for Formal NIght (when they still existed on HAL) and forgot to pack a tie...realized it the night before & one of the gentlemen at our dinner table offered to loan him one of his. We made a run to Walmart in Puerto Vallarta the next day - nope, no ties. Ended up at the expensive department store in the adjoining mall....spent like $50 for a tie that he's never worn since.

Edited by 57redbird
word omitted

Not anything I forgot but didn't even think about bringing any OTC meds. Do you know how much they cost in the ship's shop?? $$$.

Ever since that first cruise I bring aspirin, Imodium, cough drops, etc.

One time I forgot to bring conditioner and didn't realize it until I was on the ship. The ship's store didn't have any for sale, so I went a week without it. Every time I got off of the ship at the different ports, I would forget to purchase it. My hair was like a rat's nest every time I got out of the shower and took it forever to comb.

Another time I forgot my deodorant. We stayed at a hotel in Galveston without a car. The store within walking distance didn't sell it, so I went hotel to hotel until I found one that sold the mini sizes. There was only one mini size left, but that's all I needed.

Forgot my watch. Bought a $10 water resistant special on the ship. It quit working before the end of the cruise. Wasn't very water proof.

Forgot a belt several times.

Sent from my iPad using Forums