will price drop

EXBUS

Thinking of taking a 27day cruise on sea princess in around Australiain October 2019 ,

Does anyone think that the price will drop or stay as it is,has anyone done this cruise ,any info would be greatful.:)

Thinking of taking a 27day cruise on sea princess in around Australiain October 2019 ,

Does anyone think that the price will drop or stay as it is,has anyone done this cruise ,any info would be greatful.:)

If the price is right now, grab it and lock your price in. It could drop but it could go up too.

Get it now. If it is a cruise around Australia, I would be more worried about getting shut out than if the price Will drop.

Prices can go both directions, so if you really want the cruise you should book it now. Should the price fall or other perks get added before your final payment you can ask for the change.

The OP is in Ireland. I wonder if they have the same issues as our UK friends where they don't have as many options in getting prices changed.

I’ve considered that itinerary but since the recent ones are sold out over a year in advance it’s doubtful if there will be any price decrease for that cruise.

The Round Australia cruise is only offered twice per year (March & either September or October) and the September 2018 & March 2019 cruises are sold out. So if wanting to sail the October 2019 cruise it could be sold out within a couple of months.

Asking an Aussie friend about whether March or September/October had better weather he said September/October so it wouldn’t be as hot.

And as posted, being in Ireland don’t know if you can refare a cruise to get a lower price. But with these cruises selling out over a year in advance there’s no reason for Princess to lower the cruise fare even if being eligible to refare.

If I decided to book this very popular itinerary, I would book it now before it’s sold out & would not expect any decrease in cruise fare.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I always advocate booking if the price is right for you. I usually wait until after the final payment date, but that's when I don't have my heart set on one particular cruise. I booked us on the Royal's trans-Atlantic for September yesterday. At 140 days away, it will be the longest wait we've had for a cruise in a long time. But it's the cruise I had my heart set on for the fall, and the current promotion (free gratuities and reduced airfare) is great.

Cruises of that sort tend to sell out so the price rarely goes down. We tend to book about 1.5 years in advance and then watch as the prices go up and up. If they actually go down we can change the booking but normally we just see the prices go way up.

Prices can go both directions, so if you really want the cruise you should book it now. Should the price fall or other perks get added before your final payment you can ask for the change.

Good reason to book now. I totally agree with you.

Tony

A agree. "A bird in the hand" is what we use as a process. If you want to be on that voyage, book now and get the cabin you desire then keep monitoring the fares and re-book if you see a price drop. If there is none and the price keeps going up as it closes out the bookings, then you have a good deal. There also is the situation that the voyage will offer some other perks such as free gratuity or maybe a beverage package and OBC that might spur a re-book.

Cruises of that sort tend to sell out so the price rarely goes down. We tend to book about 1.5 years in advance and then watch as the prices go up and up. If they actually go down we can change the booking but normally we just see the prices go way up.

Good morning.

Your phrase "we can change the booking." got my attention. I'm new to this. I've just booked a cruise at the last minute and see the price continue to drop. I thought any change would incur a penalty. How do you go about changing a booking?

Bill

No, and if it does not until after final payment or if there is a major world event......and then at that point you are dealing with air schedules that might not be very favorable.

How do I know? I am booked on the Sept 30th, 28 day, 2018 cruise...I booked it in November 2017...at that time there were few cabin choices .......this is sold primarily to the Aussie market..... Aussie dollars are used on the ship.

Right now on the Princess US site our sailing goes from being sold out to a few cabins available and when these cabins show up their pricing has increased 1-2000USD + per person.

I noticed the pricing drop on the March 2018 sailing after final payment......and on my CAT it was pretty close to what I paid so yes, it can drop, but if you book now from by experience the drop will not be much lower than what you paid.

One women, Hi Diane, on our sailing who will probably, chime in....had been waiting several years to nab a minsuite and had her TA call when booking opened, there are few on sea princess.

Another Gentlemen, Hi Mike, from NZ..and others on our RC have seen adverts for the cruise, broken in segments for the local AU/NZ market.

So if you want to go, book it now.....That's what I did, besides a 10 day before it.....I also booked EZair.....even though I have had 2 changes on the air, one presently pending...not being committed works for my life style.

Edited by land lover

Good morning.

Your phrase "we can change the booking." got my attention. I'm new to this. I've just booked a cruise at the last minute and see the price continue to drop. I thought any change would incur a penalty. How do you go about changing a booking?

Bill

prior to final payment, you call your TA or Princess and have them re-fare the cruise.

After final payment there is a penalty.....if yours has continued to drop and you did not receive any promos call and see if they might upgrade your cabin...this often happens or they might give u a little OBC, never hurts to ask.

Good morning.

Since you booked the cruise "at the last minute" you are into the 100% penalty period if you wanted to cancel and rebook. Bookings made this close to embarkation are not usually able to take advantage of additional price cuts.

prior to final payment, you call your TA or Princess and have them re-fare the cruise.

After final payment there is a penalty.....if yours has continued to drop and you did not receive any promos call and see if they might upgrade your cabin...this often happens or they might give u a little OBC, never hurts to ask.

My super cheap 7 day Canadian cruise that I booked at the last minute ($961) is now being advertised for $88 less. Not a big deal, but I called to find out how the cruise lines handle this. (I'm still learning.) It was a "guarantee" fare and after the final payment date. The travel agent contacted the line and got me a guaranteed ocean view upgrade from guaranteed interior. So that will be a new piece to this adventure. I know upgrades could get me anywhere on the ship and less desirable cabin, also "ocean view" doesn't guarantee seeing anything and maybe just the underside of a lifeboat. But for only 7 days I can deal with it. When I plan that 28 day cruise someday in the future, these details may be more important.

Bill

(P.S. I forgot to mention its on HAL not Princess.)

My super cheap 7 day Canadian cruise that I booked at the last minute ($961) is now being advertised for $88 less. Not a big deal, but I called to find out how the cruise lines handle this. (I'm still learning.) It was a "guarantee" fare and after the final payment date. The travel agent contacted the line and got me a guaranteed ocean view upgrade from guaranteed interior. So that will be a new piece to this adventure. I know upgrades could get me anywhere on the ship and less desirable cabin, also "ocean view" doesn't guarantee seeing anything and maybe just the underside of a lifeboat. But for only 7 days I can deal with it. When I plan that 28 day cruise someday in the future, these details may be more important.

Bill

(P.S. I forgot to mention its on HAL not Princess.)

Wonderful...you'll enjoy the light from the window.....if it is an "ocean view" it should not be obstructed......Yes part of the travel game is to hit the moving target, at the right time.....but regardless when you hit it, the experience is usually priceless. I booked a river cruise to Russia years ago that dropped 1500 pp, and they did nothing, even though with the new pricing they were offering a cabin upgrade....but to this day it is still one of my favorite journeys.

Enjoy your cruise.

• 2 months later...