New Setsail Pass - Photo & Arrival Appointment

KansasK

The setsail pass now requires a picture to be uploaded to it, first thing. It says "upload a security photo to expedite the boarding process and help secure your safety on board". I did this not too easily, but did finally get it done. I will be smarter the next time. Neither my photo or my husband's meets all the requirements they list, but they took it. I clicked on the tutorial so see what it said, but there was no tutorial and it said to call them.

The Arrival Appointment time had a list of times, the first was 11:30 - 12:00 PM when I did it. My brother was able to select 11:00 to 11:30 when he did it earlier. I selected the first time. It is printed on the setsail pass at the top. The photo is not printed.

The setsail pass has two columns. The first column shows information on what you need to board and the second column has the arrival appointment, name and cruise information. It has a barcode at the bottom. Both my husband and I have a separate setsail pass.

I wonder if they will enforce the arrival times. What is the purpose, otherwise? They always e-mailed a time to board, but we boarded earlier. This is different in that you have to select an available time.

I wonder if they will take our picture, or if the photo we had to provide will be the one they use.

We are on the Harmony of the Seas sailing for Jan. 27, 2018. I never had any problem when boarding either of the other two big ships we have been on. RCI had boarding that many people figured out. I wonder why the need for the arrival time.

I did a search for a prior thread, but did not find one I thought was like this one.

So far, the arrival times have not been enforced by RC for US departures. If the uploaded photo does not meet their facial recognition requirements, they will take another and it will cost you about 15 seconds.

I’m sailing in a couple of weeks on the Allure, and the photo upload wasn’t mandatory, so I didn’t do it. I will let them take the pic.

I printed my documents today and I’m Emerald (turning Diamond on cruise YAY)), and my daughter is Platinum (SetSail shows Emerald), grandson’s first RCI Cruise, so he doesn’t show anything.

The luggage tags show Platinum, which I thought was strange. I don’t think it makes any difference on those.

The reason for arrival times is crowd control. But it sounds like RCI doesn’t really enforce it. Some cruise lines do.

The setsail pass now requires a picture to be uploaded to it, first thing. It says "upload a security photo to expedite the boarding process and help secure your safety on board". I did this not too easily, but did finally get it done. I will be smarter the next time. Neither my photo or my husband's meets all the requirements they list, but they took it. I clicked on the tutorial so see what it said, but there was no tutorial and it said to call them.

The Arrival Appointment time had a list of times, the first was 11:30 - 12:00 PM when I did it. My brother was able to select 11:00 to 11:30 when he did it earlier. I selected the first time. It is printed on the setsail pass at the top. The photo is not printed.

The setsail pass has two columns. The first column shows information on what you need to board and the second column has the arrival appointment, name and cruise information. It has a barcode at the bottom. Both my husband and I have a separate setsail pass.

I wonder if they will enforce the arrival times. What is the purpose, otherwise? They always e-mailed a time to board, but we boarded earlier. This is different in that you have to select an available time.

I wonder if they will take our picture, or if the photo we had to provide will be the one they use.

We are on the Harmony of the Seas sailing for Jan. 27, 2018. I never had any problem when boarding either of the other two big ships we have been on. RCI had boarding that many people figured out. I wonder why the need for the arrival time.

I did a search for a prior thread, but did not find one I thought was like this one.

On HOS, it becomes your security photo.

This is really upsetting...although I have done this for our past 2 cruises, if you are not computer savvy..knowing how to take a pic, uploading it and transferring it.....WTH???? I feel really bad for the elderly and one's that do not know how to do this.

Uploading a photo is optional. They will take a photo at check-in if you don't upload one.

Exactly, you do not have to upload a photo. I did for our Harmony in 3 weeks, but guessing it won't meet their standards and I will have to retake it at the port, no big deal

I have much more of an issue with not getting our SeaPass card right away and instead having to use our boarding passes for drinks until our cabin is ready. IMHO I think that is really stupid! Guess it must save them a little time at check-in b/c now they don't have to go and get your cabin keys. But I would much rather have mine right away so I did not have to use the stupid piece of paper that is probably going to get wet, tear, etc. But whatever, have to do it the way they want. As long as I can get my drink, I don't care:D:D

... I have much more of an issue with not getting our SeaPass card right away and instead having to use our boarding passes for drinks until our cabin is ready. IMHO I think that is really stupid! Guess it must save them a little time at check-in b/c now they don't have to go and get your cabin keys. But I would much rather have mine right away so I did not have to use the stupid piece of paper that is probably going to get wet, tear, etc. But whatever, have to do it the way they want. As long as I can get my drink, I don't care:D:D

It's just another way to get rid of some check-in agents.

Uploading a photo is optional. They will take a photo at check-in if you don't upload one.

It doesn't say it is optional, but it seems reasonable to me to make it optional, having wasted some time figuring it out.

It won't let you save any other screen if you fail to fill in what they want. I missed checking the box for whether my husband is single or married and could not save the screen until I found what I missed. Could you actually save the screen with a blank picture? Wish I had thought of trying it! :)

With getting your cards at your cabin:

A) If the cards are locked in your cabin, how do you initially enter your cabin to get them.

B) If the cards are outside your cabin, what prevents Joe Blow from taking your cards?

A) One card is outside your cabin.

B) Nothing, but what will Joe do with it? Your cabin is empty, nothing to steal. And unless Joe is your identical twin brother, he won't be able to use the card to buy anything, because that won't be Joe in the security photo linked to the card.

With all the complaints here on CC, I haven't read of one instance in which Joe Blow stole a card. ;p

With getting your cards at your cabin:

A) If the cards are locked in your cabin, how do you initially enter your cabin to get them.

B) If the cards are outside your cabin, what prevents Joe Blow from taking your cards?

That’s a very good point, they’ve used WOW bands on Quantum class but the technology for RFID tags/entry access doesn’t exist on Oasis class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is really upsetting...although I have done this for our past 2 cruises, if you are not computer savvy..knowing how to take a pic, uploading it and transferring it.....WTH???? I feel really bad for the elderly and one's that do not know how to do this.

The easiest way to do it, is to use your laptop (assuming it has a built-in webcam), and follow the template, moving your head to fill it properly...it worked easily for me....:)

The easiest way to do it, is to use your laptop (assuming it has a built-in webcam), and follow the template, moving your head to fill it properly...it worked easily for me....:)

I did the same for our upcoming Anthem cruise. It took about 5 minutes at the most.

Actually any electronic device with a webcam and access to the internet can be used to do this. ;)

Thank you... but as I have stated, I have done this twice already. It is not me I am concerned about. It is the many people that are not computer savvy I am thinking about. 👵🏻👴🏻

Thank you... but as I have stated, I have done this twice already. It is not me I am concerned about. It is the many people that are not computer savvy I am thinking about. 👵🏻👴🏻

No need to be concerned with "us"...we manage just fine...RCI will never make this mandatory...it's just an option. Surprised at how many we've seen in the terminal being told their uploaded picture wasn't good enough...quick and easy for the agents to snap another...no big deal.

... Your cabin is empty, nothing to steal. ...

Maybe not. They could steal your expensive champagne, rum & coke package, birthday decorations, welcome aboard beverages, etc. !!!;)

Edited by Host Clarea

What ships is this happening on?

The ships that use the sea passes with the RFID chips in them have had the new process since they started sailing. Currently, it is the quantum class ships plus Harmony. It is not a difficult process, you just upload a picture and do your set sail pass as you always have. The only difference is you print a separate set sail pass for each person on the reservation, each person will have their own print button.

Other ships also seem to be starting this procedure too. I think it has just been Allure, not sure though.