[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:35 PM.
League City, TX
40,988 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Originally posted by Thrak
Just checked mine. I printed the passes a few weeks ago and they say "Preferred". Checking now they have changed to say "Priority". No idea why. Probably just new nomenclature. I doubt it makes any difference. However, being a weirdo, I will likely print them again anyway to have the "newest and coolest". What a dork.
Princess is testing selling "priority" boarding to passengers who would not otherwise have it.

So I suspect the change from "preferred" to "priority" is to match this new sales effort.
League City, TX
40,988 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Originally posted by Maharley
Does Princess upgrade without letting you know often?
Supposedly you will be notified with an E-mail from Princess. But if you booked with a TA, then the notification goes to the TA, it is up to the TA to notice the e-mail in a timely fashion and then forward it on to you.

Many experienced travelers just check the personalizer the night before a cruise to see if there is any surprise change of cabin.
Wales GB
672 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
In January this year, in San Antonio, Chile, we made our way to the Preferred boarding area and were just told to go ahead..no one wanted to see our paperwork. At check in, all they wanted was passports..tried to hand over Set Sail paperwork, but clerk didn't want it!

Understand Princess are trying to sell Priority Boarding...another chance at Nickel and Diming ? Removing the few 'perks' earned by loyal passengers!
A disappointing change, in my opinion.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises
1969 Reina del Mar (Union Castle Line)
1970 Reina del Mar
1971 Reina del Mar
1972 Reina del Mar
1973 Canberra (P&O)
1974 Canberra
1975 Canberra
1976 Canberra
1977 Canberra
1979 Vistafjord (Norwegian Caribbean)
1979 Canberra
1980 Canberra - twice
1981 Canberra - twice
1983 Canberra
1993 Canberra
2008 Golden Princess (Princess Cruises) Alaska
2010 Ruby Princess Caribbean
2012 Island Princess Panama Canal
2013 Serenade of Seas (Royal Caribbean) Middle East
2014 Navigator of Seas ex Galveston, Houston
2015 Emerald Princess ex Bayport,Houston
2016 Liberty of Seas ex Galveston, Houston
sw, Fl - Fort Myers Area
7,211 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
Originally posted by Reina del Mar
In January this year, in San Antonio, Chile, we made our way to the Preferred boarding area and were just told to go ahead..no one wanted to see our paperwork. At check in, all they wanted was passports..tried to hand over Set Sail paperwork, but clerk didn't want it!

Understand Princess are trying to sell Priority Boarding...another chance at Nickel and Diming ? Removing the few 'perks' earned by loyal passengers!
A disappointing change, in my opinion.
It's the same thing in Ft Lauderdale.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
S 645/72/826/90