HAL boarding pass printing issue - you're not going to believe this!

bluegiraffe

I've been reading about all the problems people have had printing boarding passes, so I tried today to print ours for our upcoming cruise. I've tried everything suggested here, including different browers, etc. No luck.

I then called HAL and was told 1. I didn't know what I was doing. 2. My printer settings must be wrong (no, works just fine on everything else). 3. There are no problems with their website (the supervisor finally agreed that there have been "minor" issues). 4. No one has had any problems printing boarding passes (I told him that there were several posts here on Cruise Critic about just that, but he didn't want to hear it). 5. They could mail me boarding passes - for a $25.00 fee.

I think HAL just lost a customer.

Shocking, tone deaf response. I am so sorry to learn this, but considering how bad this new website is, HAL appears to be willing to destroy their own brand. It has been very, very sad to come to that conclusion after a decade of HAL loyalty. I too can't penetrate the website and am glad our next two cruises were booked before this current debacle. Otherwise, I don't think I ever could have found them.

Not sure how they could be so clueless. They have received many complaints and not just from CC members. I thought I read that someone was emailed their boarding documents. Did they offer that or just snail mail?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The "customer service" person I spoke to first flat out told me "I can't do anything for you." When I suggested they could mail me the passes, that's when I was told $25.00 or no go. The supervisor was absolutely no help either and was clearly not interested in helping.

Lousy, lousy "service."

The "customer service" person I spoke to first flat out told me "I can't do anything for you." When I suggested they could mail me the passes, that's when I was told $25.00 or no go. The supervisor was absolutely no help either and was clearly not interested in helping.

Lousy, lousy "service."

If you use a PCC ask them to intervene for you.

Personally in response to their inept service I’m ceasing all use of the HAL credit card and will use another that provides the same level of benefits,if not better.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Terrible!

Have you tried using the old site? This link still gets you there:

https://www.hollandamerica.com/?ASCookie=RSOrigin

Just tried that. When I finally get to the Summary and Boarding Pass page, there's no "print" button or link to the boarding passes!

I downloaded the boarding passes to my laptop a few weeks ago in PDF form, so I'm going to download them to my tablet and use that. I'm not spending any more time on HAL's inability to do something as simple as providing a boarding pass for their customer.

Edited by bluegiraffe

DH was having the same problems and went in just now to get ours - and he learned he had to click twice, to get them printed. Once when they came up, and NOTHING happened. Then he clicked same button again and they printed. But there are NO instructions this is what you need to do this twice. (Apple Mac - Safari)

Same thing for the luggage tags - click once and NOTHING happens, click twice and they print. Not a double click, but two separate clicks. One fail and one go.

What the heck happened to this company??????

I've been reading about all the problems people have had printing boarding passes, so I tried today to print ours for our upcoming cruise. I've tried everything suggested here, including different browers, etc. No luck.

I then called HAL and was told 1. I didn't know what I was doing. 2. My printer settings must be wrong (no, works just fine on everything else). 3. There are no problems with their website (the supervisor finally agreed that there have been "minor" issues). 4. No one has had any problems printing boarding passes (I told him that there were several posts here on Cruise Critic about just that, but he didn't want to hear it). 5. They could mail me boarding passes - for a $25.00 fee.

I can imagine how frustrated you must feel over HAL's lack of effort to assist you. There's no excuse for poor customer service.

OP, your title says I won't believe this. My answer is, it has to be true--who could make up such a story!!!!

Sorry the customer service was as bad as the website. Other posters seem to have found more sympathetic agents. You got someone who needs serious job training!!!!

The whole so called new web site is a mess, I think it's time to flood head office with emails from unhappy customers to let them know exactly how unhappy we are.

Allan

THAT is o sAWFUL there really are no wordw. Bad enough gthey imply you don' know how to use your cxomuter qo printer, then lie to you therrre poblems with the HAL site. I cannot imagine how furious you are they want to charge a fee to send hour boarding papers.

I'm amazied hey didn't add to the list of their faux pas by saying you cannot trust anything you read on CC. AWfUL,

They treat us like we are fools. We are not so foolish to keep taking ghis nonsense from them. What happened to ' the excellence, they told us they were sellin g us?

Please don't let them get away with it.

How canwse savvor the journey when we cannot get a bording pas s in order f to get on

the ship??

WE KNOW that web site is a MESS.

When is your c ruise?

Please call back and ell them you refuse to pay for boqrding ps and sugesg tghey find a way to get it TO YOU W with time to spare as you have had your fill of sreessing abougt it . It is their responsiblity provide it to you You already bought and paid for it.

I believe you. I hope HAL reads this Thread.

A couple weeks ago, I was in a Chat. I had a method to access the "old" site and the "new" site" before the link was posted here for the old one. But I knew that my method might be short-lived, so I asked what the protocol was. The Chat Agent told me it was impossible for the same person to access both sites since they were targeting customers by IP Address. I don't think he believed me when I told him I was on both sites in two different browsers as we chatted.

That day there was a glitch with HAL's site. Imagine! There was a deal that I knew had to be one of those buy-it-within-24-hours type of sales, but there was absolutely no mention of anything on the "old" site about it (the Fare Terms & Conditions were not showing anything out of the ordinary, nor did anywhere else), so that's why I started the Chat. The Chat Agent made me feel like it was somehow my fault for not understanding the website, but the information was simply not there for that sailing.

Having said that, it was the first and only time I can recall being treated in a condescending way by any HAL employee, so I can overlook it. I usually like to call in, so I will give them a pass, as we might have lost something in communication by typing back and forth. In the OP's case, I might write a letter to management about your experience. I would hope management does want to please their customers.

Edited by syesmar

I t disturbs me someone in HAL offices thinks the company needs money so badly they should charge $25 to send their v'alued guests boarfding passes bec cause the HAL web site is so awful, we cannot print our own.

It won't help your blood pressure or your opinion of HAL's customer service, but...

I've just printed boarding passes using Microsoft Edge browser after failing miserably with Firefox.

It appears HAL is using Microsoft's ...extensions to HTML, which few browsers support.

dogo88

Cool Cruiser

Old Bridge, New Jersey

939 Posts

Joined Jan 2007

Posted Today, 01:14 PM

If you have any type of Ad blocker running on your browser the boarding pass will not print nor will you get any indication that's it being blocked.

I had he same experience as dodo88, three days ago. There was no "Print" button. I clicked to allow pop-ups from this site, button was there and docs printed.

The Chat Agent told me it was impossible for the same person to access both sites since they were targeting customers by IP Address. I don't think he believed me when I told him I was on both sites in two different browsers as we chatted.
I can still get both.

Is there any chAnce l senior management does not KNOW exactly how MAny oF us are having SO MUCH GTROUBLE WITH TGHEIR WEB SITE AND THAT THEIR Custoemer Service reps are telling guests to pay $25 to get gthe boarding document s HAL is obliged to supply. These guess have already made full payement for their and frankliy too bad if they have to pay messenger services to hand deliver them to 'guests.

It's a disgrace and makes t this company look like they have no idae what hey are doign let alone having been in thiss business forfso many years. Makes one wonder about any "New Staffing'