HAL boarding pass printing issue - you're not going to believe this!

bluegiraffe

We don't use HAL's web site.

We don't ever bother phoning HAL if we have a reservation or for general information.

We save time and just hit our heads against the kitchen wall instead.

This actually made me laugh.....it's sad but true. Why do we have jump through hoops, be spoken down to, and be charged a ridiculous fee just to get something that should, and always has been, so easy. HAL get your stuff together!

just booked my first cruise thru hal this past week.

Not sure if it was on old or new website. I don't even know what an ad blocker is, but had no problem printing all documents. Maybe just fortunate.

beginners luck :d

Just booked my first cruise thru HAL this past week. Not sure if it was on old or new website. I don't even know what an ad blocker is, but had no problem printing all documents. Maybe just fortunate.[/quote ]

BEGINNERS LUCK :D

Just booked my first cruise thru HAL this past week.

Not sure if it was on old or new website. I don't even know what an ad blocker is, but had no problem printing all documents. Maybe just fortunate.

The randomness is one of the things that makes this so frustrating. I've printed numerous HAL boarding passes over the years, and until today I've never had a problem.

I thought about writing to management, but honestly, that seems like a waste of time; nothing leads me to believe they'd be responsive.

My plan remains to use the PDF downloaded to my tablet, and if they don't like that at embarkation, well then they can print me a boarding pass.

If it is any consolation, Celebrity is not much better. Although their website is getting better. HAL appears to be going in the other direction.

We are happy to let our TA deal with the cruise line. Just another reason why we don't bother with boarding passes And we do not need baggage tags any more.

You only have to compare this this to other consumer centric web sites such as Costco, Princess, L..L Bean, Marriott, etc to realize just how bad the site design and performance is.

I think it comes down to being smart marketers and being customer centric organizations. The differences really tell a story.

Is there any chAnce l senior management does not KNOW exactly how MAny oF us are having SO MUCH GTROUBLE WITH TGHEIR WEB SITE AND THAT THEIR Custoemer Service reps are telling guests to pay $25 to get gthe boarding document s HAL is obliged to supply. These guess have already made full payement for their and frankliy too bad if they have to pay messenger services to hand deliver them to 'guests.

It's a disgrace and makes t this company look like they have no idae what hey are doign let alone having been in thiss business forfso many years. Makes one wonder about any "New Staffing'

This is the reply that I received from Mr Ashford office about 10 days ago. By the way I haven't heard from them. What a surprise.

"Thank you for your recent correspondence to Mr. Orlando Ashford regarding our website and your planning of a future cruise with Holland America Line. Mr. Ashford has reviewed your comments and asked me to express his apology for the difficulty you’ve encountered while attempting to view the deck plans.

We have forwarded a copy of your email to one the Supervisors of our Reservations Department to work with you to resolve this issue. Someone from the Reservations team will be contacting you shortly.

Thank you again for contacting Mr. Ashford and please let us know if we may be of further service.

Kind regards,

Francisco Castro

Special Advisor

Office of the President"

If it is any consolation, Celebrity is not much better. Although their website is getting better. HAL appears to be going in the other direction.

We are happy to let our TA deal with the cruise line. Just another reason why we don't bother with boarding passes And we do not need baggage tags any more.

You only have to compare this this to other consumer centric web sites such as Costco, Princess, L..L Bean, Marriott, etc to realize just how bad the site design and performance is.

I think it comes down to being smart marketers and being customer centric organizations. The differences really tell a story.

Please correct me if I am mistaken but I think I read here that at Port Everglades Terminal , they are not letting anyone into the terminal who does not have a BOarding pass.

I assume that when we try to make a payment towards our cruise on either site it will zip right through .........:rolleyes:
It is current corporate culture to go to any length to avoid admitting a problem. I do occasionally get surprised by a service orientated response but it is rare these days.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

It is current corporate culture to go to any length to avoid admitting a problem. I do occasionally get surprised by a service orientated response but it is rare these days.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Having dealt with repeated "PEBKAC" (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And

Chair) issues, I can sympathize with Customer Service folks who presume the

problem exists with the customer ...but not with those who can't be disabused

of the assumption.

I had occasion to use the new website from a smartphone yesterday. It's clear that

the website is geared for smartphone rather than computer screen.

Well, except the sample menus are in low resolution and too fuzzy to read, and

that it tells you to go find a tablet or computer to print the wondrous boarding docs.

For me, this issue is another reason I use a travel agent. If I'm having problems with printing documents, I inform my agent and she is able to print them, mail them to me, and not charge a $25.00 fee for doing so.

Is there any way you could ask her how we can print our docs like she does? Thanks.

I printed my boarding documents.

Then I received an email that I needed to complete my documentation. Yup, all information - gone. Reentered but didn’t bother reprinting.

Oops again another email, now missing credit card information.

Fourth time was a charm - the computer decided to keep my information.

I now try to work with the various company websites - and all seem to have their own idiosyncrasies.

You will have a less frustrating experience if you go with the flow from looking at future cruises to booking and boarding.

Then some more fun begins.

Once on board, tried to print out account balance using the kiosk - I was primary on the account, had billed all charges to me - turns out my name was not alphabetically first and had to get Guest Services to print out the account balance. Stupid.

Also wanted the refund of $21 or so in cash at 7.15 pm on the last night. Said I had to come back at 8pm or in the morning. They finally backed down and gave us the refund.

Obviously the credit card was still on file if I went wild! Couldn’t even find anything of interest in the shops to spend $20 on.

Is there any way you could ask her how we can print our docs like she does? Thanks.

Given the current situation that some of you are in, and since you may not be a client of my travel agent, I am not sure that it would be ethical of me to ask her to answer your question.

I'm sorry that I cannot respond more positively to your question.

Since the new website on most days it will not allow me to log in and says my password/email address is wrong. Several days ago I was able to get in using the same details. I wanted to see if mariners had entered my last cruise in March. Was absolutely horrified when it told me I had no cruises and no days. What! We are four star with 17 cruises. I wrote to HAL complaining about difficulties in logging in and about the mariners details. No reply of course! I tried to get back in this morning and was back to not being able to log in. What is going on? They do know, of course they do.

Since the new website on most days it will not allow me to log in and says my password/email address is wrong. Several days ago I was able to get in using the same details. I wanted to see if mariners had entered my last cruise in March. Was absolutely horrified when it told me I had no cruises and no days. What! We are four star with 17 cruises. I wrote to HAL complaining about difficulties in logging in and about the mariners details. No reply of course! I tried to get back in this morning and was back to not being able to log in. What is going on? They do know, of course they do.

Call customer service and hope you don't get the same person OP did. HAL must be seeing an uptick in the volume of calls they're getting. They're paying people to answer questions that could be answered by the website. If pride doesn't matter (and it appears that it doesn't!) then operating costs should matter.

They need to take down the new site, fix it, and relaunch when it's ready.

Just tried that. When I finally get to the Summary and Boarding Pass page, there's no "print" button or link to the boarding passes!

I downloaded the boarding passes to my laptop a few weeks ago in PDF form, so I'm going to download them to my tablet and use that. I'm not spending any more time on HAL's inability to do something as simple as providing a boarding pass for their customer.

Why are you trying to print from the website, if you already have your boarding passes saved as a PDF? Print the PDF.

Please correct me if I am mistaken but I think I read here that at Port Everglades Terminal , they are not letting anyone into the terminal who does not have a BOarding pass.
IME sometimes but not always.

I think TA's use a different system called POLAR.

HAL does seem to be trying very hard to put on their very worst image lately

I wonder, if we, their loyal repeaters have been too loyal? They think they can toss anything at us and we will run to book more c ruises. No.,,, speaking only for my self, that is a Big no. A fter my disappointing cruise last summer, Hmm...........

IF they are no t reading CC, they should be. How many businesses can get such customer r feed back, for free, every day of the year? If they want to find out where they can impr ve their product, We tell them daily. We, tneir 'valued guests' would likely know.