Jewel medical emergency

NancyL2

Well it looks like we are east of a town called Fairhaven. We had just finished watching the 7:15pm show and the Captain announced the emergency. When we left Skagway it was raining and now down to a light rain. No updates on the pa system.

Our prayers are with the person medivaced. Code Alphas are far too common. We had one called this past Saturday on the Sky. It was for one of the crew members in the gift shop. When we were on the Escape last year, we watched a guest and his wife being air lifted off the bow at 2:00 in the morning.

For the life of me I can't figure out why people post these. Do you hit up your facebook feed everytime an ambulance goes by?

For what it's worth, today I saw two. Code 3 both times, and yesterday I saw the medievac 'copter going over the city. He was flying fast and low, friends tell me that means a kid with serious injuries otherwise they don't do that.

And one time at band camp.........

Code Alpha! Over & Out!

For the life of me I can't figure out why people post these. Do you hit up your facebook feed everytime an ambulance goes by?

For what it's worth, today I saw two. Code 3 both times, and yesterday I saw the medievac 'copter going over the city. He was flying fast and low, friends tell me that means a kid with serious injuries otherwise they don't do that.

Code Alpha! Over & Out!

What's a code 3?

and children in critical care is :(

Code Alpha! Over & Out!

Amen!! It is no ones business but the people involved!

In the small community where I live they have a Facebook community page called concerned citizens.... and really it should be just gossip central. Anyhow they have this penchant for posting car accident photos. And I just find it so inappropriate and distasteful because my thinking is if you're a member of this group and then see your family on this page in a car accident before you even know...

To be honest – it's easy to get caught up and I think. You see somebody post something scary and then you want to make sure whoever's involved it's OK, and it's human nature to want to know things. Even if they aren't any of our business.

My guess the original poster meant no harm and was just wondering like the rest of us do sometimes...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Glad to see that the ships are following HIPPA rules and not providing any information on medical situations. If the situation does nto involve you or your family, it is none of your business.

* HIPAA - and I would bet that the Jewel is not subject to those regulations, but probably just respects their passenger's privacy as a core value.... doesn't need to be told to.

It's appropriate to talk about medical emergencies while on a cruise ship here because:

• This is a cruise ship forum
  • Medical emergencies on a cruise ship are different than the same emergency on land due to insurance coverage, fast access to medical care and lack of extended family support
  • The differences between a sea and land emergency are therefore important
  • Many people may not consider the difference, and will therefore not plan
  • Posts like these serve to increase awareness of the issue
  • More people will plan for it, purchasing travel health insurance and considering their general health before sailing
  • Some people have beliefs that might be different than yours, and spend a portion of their day seeking blessings, healing, comfort or other spiritual benefits from their god or gods for people they don't know but have seen, heard about, or encountered.

So, the OP is on the side of the angels here.

It's appropriate to talk about medical emergencies while on a cruise ship here because:

• Medical emergencies on a cruise ship are different than the same emergency on land due to insurance coverage, fast access to medical care and lack of extended family support
  • More people will plan for it, purchasing travel health insurance and considering their general health before sailing
  • Some people have beliefs that might be different than yours, and spend a portion of their day seeking blessings, healing, comfort or other spiritual benefits from their god or gods for people they don't know but have seen, heard about, or encountered.

Reread the original post

The query is..."no one will say what happened".

That's the point...the op has no right to know what happened other than a pax was medivac

Oh and the op does in fact know what happened...and why the ship is stopped...it's a medivac!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Code Alpha! Over & Out!

I have to chuckle because we have a FB resident site and when I hear sirens, I'll go to that site and people are already posting, "I just heard sirens go by my house, anyone know what's happening"? :'):')

Reread the original post

You're the one that needs to reread something. I quoted the poster and the comment I was replying to. Why did you take it out of context? Here it is again for your reference:

You're right, I forgot.

"Prayers"

I'm with the OP on this one! There will be others that will post asking what happened. It's each person's choice on whether to read it.

The point is that the op is upset because no one told them what happened

To op does in fact know what happened

The ship stopped and a pax was medivac

Do you really think the op has the right to know the details of that pax emergency?

Would you want the entire ship and cc world to know your medical emergency info?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Medical emergency tonight on the Jewel...patient evacuated via tender. No one will say what happened. We are stopped.

What happened was that there was a medical emergency and the ship stopped so the chopper could remove the patient

What else is there to know?

Sent from my iPad using Forums