Worst cruise ever

akais89

I've been on several cruises before but Norwegian Epic has been THE worst!

Rude staff, kids in the adult zone, no respect for the people getting on board. Special treatment for those getting on at Barcelona port. Got severely ill from the food eaten at the buffet and was stuck in my room for nearly two days. Rooms never cleaned on time, poor service, extra and hidden fees and charges for everything. I repeat do not return! Get your money back if you haven't been on this cruise yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry you had this experience. I had the opposite,loved,loved,loved The Epic. Never found any of the staff rude,always so polite and happy in their work. Cabin was always cleaned when we got back after days our. Booked again and going on September 24th. Can't wait.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Forums mobile app

You lost me at "rude staff." Sure, there's the occasional crew member having a bad day but when they're all rude, they're probably responding to a difficult guest or your perception is off. It just doesn't happen.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Welcome aboard to another first time poster.

Amazing how folks always seem to know exactly how they got sick. Way too many ways to get sick. You can touch a handrail, door knob, table, another person, etc and then transfer those germs to yourself. I find I am very alert and avoid touching my eyes or mouth while on a ship knowing how easy it is to pick up some bad stuff.

Sorry you got sick but do not blame the buffet food.

Sorry you just joined Cruise Critic.

Folks here are wondering if you will ever come back here again - LOL!

Rude staff, kids in the adult zone, no respect for the people getting on board. Special treatment for those getting on at Barcelona port. Got severely ill from the food eaten at the buffet and was stuck in my room for nearly two days. Rooms never cleaned on time, poor service, extra and hidden fees and charges for everything. I repeat do not return! Get your money back if you haven't been on this cruise yet.

I don't get the " Room's never cleaned on time " :confused:

What time should it be??

Sorry OP, not buying it. Another 'one and done' thread that made me laugh out loud.

No real credibility without details regarding complaints........but welcome to Cruise Critic (if you are indeed new). :)

:'):'):')

That brightened my day.....Thanks:D

Sorry, OP, you got sick. I'm not sure how it happened, but I have to ask, if it was the buffet, how many other people were affected? There would have been a noticeable increase in crew cleaning too, and probably some instructions from the cruise staff.

Did you go to Customer Services? What did they say, or do?

I'm not familiar with the Epic, but any cruise can have issues with unruly children, or unruly adults, for that matter. Do you talk with anyone if it directly affected you?

I wish you better luck on your next cruise.

Sorry. But no. I was on the Epic in March and unless space aliens took over the ship...

I had a great time.

I was on the Epic in June (1st time NCL), no space aliens then ;)

Had a great time, too

I just cancelled my next Epic cruise based on this review. Thank you, OP.

I cancelled mine too after finding out the food makes you sick. And, it gets worse. Since it was next week, they kept all money. What kind of crap is that?

LOL!

Whew, brutal NCLers. The OP had a bad time and reported it. The cruise was not up to their expectations, regardless what they were. It is all in the opinion of that particular person, what they expected and what they felt they got, and they have a right to it.

I understand being loyal to your chosen cruise line but geez, reviews are individual and everyone has the right to theirs.

Whew, brutal NCLers. The OP had a bad time and reported it. The cruise was not up to their expectations, regardless what they were. It is all in the opinion of that particular person, what they expected and what they felt they got, and they have a right to it.

I understand being loyal to your chosen cruise line but geez, reviews are individual and everyone has the right to theirs.

Except it was more a rant than a review. With no substance, sense or discussion. Like others, I doubt this person has been on an NCL cruise.