Hello Seattle!

shelltherunner

Welcome to Seattle. As of today it will be HOT (for us), but at least our physically noticeable humidity is WAY down from what we experienced in the East and Mid-West. That helps high temperatures feel less "miserable".

At this time our biggest problem is the massive amounts of SMOKE that have hit Western Washington from the terrible forest fires in parts of British Columbia. Folks with respiratory problems are on alert in Western Washington to not be too active outdoors. In addition to the personal risk (the most serious issue) the smoke brings, it also puts a haze over all our fantastic scenery. (Oh, if only this was the only problem with life today.)

Welcome to Seattle. As of today it will be HOT (for us), but at least our physically noticeable humidity is WAY down from what we experienced in the East and Mid-West. That helps high temperatures feel less "miserable".

At this time our biggest problem is the massive amounts of SMOKE that have hit Western Washington from the terrible forest fires in parts of British Columbia. Folks with respiratory problems are on alert in Western Washington to not be too active outdoors. In addition to the personal risk (the most serious issue) the smoke brings, it also puts a haze over all our fantastic scenery. (Oh, if only this was the only problem with life today.)

Couldn't have worded this whole thing better myself. Heat is high but the smoke is terrible. If we even just had a breeze rolling through we gcould have the air cleared up more.

If you have time, visit the Chihuly Glass Garden, by the Space Needle. It is the most beautiful place and an experience not to be missed. Seattle is a great city.

I'd recommend the Hop On/Off Bus as a way to sight-see. One gets to many of the tourist-type sites of interest as well as a stop at the Westlake Center where it is a short walk to the Seattle institution: See's Candy Store, their only location in downtown Seattle, I think.

Just wanted to add yet another "welcome to Seattle" message from a fellow Dallasite (who now lives in a suburb north of Seattle). Back home I lived in the Lakewood/East Dallas area. The last time Boeing called me back here I told my friends that I would not return and would retire in the Seattle area because I was getting too old for the weather in North Central Texas. I hope that no one ever asks me to write a 25-word essay on "Why I Miss Tornadoes" :D.

And have a great cruise!