If you're Diamond and in a Suite, do you go to both lounges?

mafig

I haven't been on Royal for many years, but we are now Elite on Celebrity and will, of course, now be Diamond on Royal.

We are thinking of booking Allure in a Junior Suite.

We are also thinking of booking Allure in a Grand Suite.

:eek:

I was all set to go with the JS until I posted a thread on CK and found out that we might be treated like third class passengers if we try to take advantage of our supposed perk to dine there. "Only JUNIOR suite" is what I've read. So I then looked at the GS but wonder if it's, indeed, worth it, at least without experiencing the Diamond Lounge.

Is the Diamond Lounge nice enough and are the perks in it nice enough for us to go with the JS, at least this time around?

Apparently, Coastal Kitchen is not a perk we can depend on.....maybe we'll get in or maybe not.

So if we don't, do they offer any consideration for Anytime Diners in the regular restaurant for people in JS. Is there a "suite" line that we can go to?

No dining "perks" for a JS but if you make reservations for MTD there shouldn't really be a wait. A JS is our favorite but the real perk is the extra real estate.

Isn't Coastal Kitchen supposed to be a dining perk for JS? At least for dinner?

However, if I cannot get in there because even though it's supposed to be a perk, am I also supposed to make reservations in MTD?

I haven't been on Royal for many years, but we are now Elite on Celebrity and will, of course, now be Diamond on Royal.

We are thinking of booking Allure in a Junior Suite.

We are also thinking of booking Allure in a Grand Suite.

:eek:

I was all set to go with the JS until I posted a thread on CK and found out that we might be treated like third class passengers if we try to take advantage of our supposed perk to dine there. "Only JUNIOR suite" is what I've read. So I then looked at the GS but wonder if it's, indeed, worth it, at least without experiencing the Diamond Lounge.

Is the Diamond Lounge nice enough and are the perks in it nice enough for us to go with the JS, at least this time around?

Apparently, Coastal Kitchen is not a perk we can depend on.....maybe we'll get in or maybe not.

So if we don't, do they offer any consideration for Anytime Diners in the regular restaurant for people in JS. Is there a "suite" line that we can go to?

Yes at the mtd dining there is a podium for suite passengers. Walk up and show your sea pass and get seated with only a few minutes wait if that.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Yes at the mtd dining there is a podium for suite passengers. Walk up and show your sea pass and get seated with only a few minutes wait if that.

The same podium will do the same for D+ and above passengers if you go and ask as there is no signage to tell you.

The same podium will do the same for D+ and above passengers if you go and ask as there is no signage to tell you.
Ohh thanks for the info. We didnt know that and will use it if needed. Have never seen that as a perk listed for d+. Is it fleet wide? How did you find out about this?

We know about the reserved seating for the main shows even though the signage says suites and p and not d+. We knew to ask because it is a published d+ perk.

Ohh thanks for the info. We didnt know that and will use it if needed. Have never seen that as a perk listed for d+. Is it fleet wide? How did you find out about this?

We know about the reserved seating for the main shows even though the signage says suites and p and not d+. We knew to ask because it is a published d+ perk.

When we were on Allure i spoke to the restaurant manager and he said D+ just come to the separate desk and avoid the queue.

When we were on Allure i spoke to the restaurant manager and he said D+ just come to the separate desk and avoid the queue.
Hmm i wonder if it is fleet wide? Will ask next month on serenade and freedom.

While as a diamond member you do have access to the Diamond lounge, you do not have access to the suite lounge unless you are in a grand suite or above. You can, in a Jr. suite dine in the suite restaurant- but miss the breakfast- or lunch and the suite benefits. The diamond lounge is okay- but IMO cannot compare to the suite lounge or perks.

Bottom line- do what works best for your budget as the difference in price between a grand and Jr. suite is significant and might not be worth it to you. Enjoy your cruise(s).

Hmm i wonder if it is fleet wide? Will ask next month on serenade and freedom.

We book 8.30 pm after visiting DL and usually they are fairly quick but Allure and Freedom had big queues but by speaking to the RM he insinuated that D+ get priority and we got checked in quickly.

Good luck on Serenade and Freedom hope all goes well and you have great cruises.

We book 8.30 pm after visiting DL and usually they are fairly quick but Allure and Freedom had big queues but by speaking to the RM he insinuated that D+ get priority and we got checked in quickly.

Good luck on Serenade and Freedom hope all goes well and you have great cruises.

Thanks and have a great 2019 cruising season. Remember we can trade some British chocolates for some Hawaiian macadamia nuts if we ever cross paths on a cruise.

We now only book cl on oasis class ships so have not tried the d+ thing with mtd. But will be sailing in an inside and ov next month so will ask if there is a d+ line for mtd. We always take early seating but sometimes can't make it at 530pm and use mtd those nights.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks and have a great 2019 cruising season. Remember we can trade some British chocolates for some Hawaiian macadamia nuts if we ever cross paths on a cruise.

We now only book cl on oasis class ships so have not tried the d+ thing with mtd. But will be sailing in an inside and ov next month so will ask if there is a d+ line for mtd. We always take early seating but sometimes can't make it at 530pm and use mtd those nights.

Sounds great.

We are staying in hotels in Tenerife in January and Spain in March.

May, August and October we are sailing from Southampton England.

Hope you have a great cruise next month.

As Diamond Plus, and having done both JS and higher on Oasis. Never had a problem booking dinner in Coastal Kitchen in a JS when we get on board. Just need to be somewhat flexible. But my guess is this could change cruise to cruise. As for Suite vs. Diamond lounge. I greatly prefer the Suite lounge. Less crowded and as mentioned you can get beer and wine from 11 am to 11 pm (drinks are free only during happy hour, but you can buy them all day). However you can purchase specialty dining for any dinner you might not be able to get into CK for, and purchase a drink package for a lot less than the cost to upgrade to a Grand Suite. So IMHO, the perks for a GS and above are wonderful and certainly a consideration, but I wouldn't upgrade just to get meals in CK and use of Suite Lounge vs Diamond lounge. Now the other perks are nice. Guaranteed entry to shows without reservations, Barefoot Beach on Labadee, private sun deck at pool, etc.

As Diamond Plus, and having done both JS and higher on Oasis. Never had a problem booking dinner in Coastal Kitchen in a JS when we get on board. Just need to be somewhat flexible. But my guess is this could change cruise to cruise. As for Suite vs. Diamond lounge. I greatly prefer the Suite lounge. Less crowded and as mentioned you can get beer and wine from 11 am to 11 pm (drinks are free only during happy hour, but you can buy them all day). However you can purchase specialty dining for any dinner you might not be able to get into CK for, and purchase a drink package for a lot less than the cost to upgrade to a Grand Suite. So IMHO, the perks for a GS and above are wonderful and certainly a consideration, but I wouldn't upgrade just to get meals in CK and use of Suite Lounge vs Diamond lounge. Now the other perks are nice. Guaranteed entry to shows without reservations, Barefoot Beach on Labadee, private sun deck at pool, etc.

I thought the drinks were free all day in the SL i didn't realise it was only during happy hours. This certainly makes the massive price difference between JS and GS a lot less justifiable.

I thought the drinks were free all day in the SL ...

Soda, bottled water, and selected beers and wines are complimentary from 11am to 11pm in the Suite Lounge on Oasis class. Not sure if that applies to Quantum class and Liberty.

I was under the impression that you cannot flip flop between traditional seated dining and MTD?

Can you elaborate?

thanks

M

Soda, bottled water, and selected beers and wines are complimentary from 11am to 11pm in the Suite Lounge on Oasis class. Not sure if that applies to Quantum class and Liberty.

Thanks Host Clarea for clarifying the SL drinks policy.

We always book balcony and JS cabins plus we had a GS on Brilliance.

We have a few drinks in DL or CL and in the MTD or Specialty restaurants but rarely anywhere else.

The SL and CK sound very interesting and the new Suites look nice but the big price difference is hard to justify but i am open to being convinced otherwise.

I was under the impression that you cannot flip flop between traditional seated dining and MTD?

Can you elaborate?

thanks

M

Have only done mtd on oasis class. We usually eat in ck for dinner and when we didnt like the menu just went down to mtd. Just went to the podium marked for suites and was seated pretty quick. Did not know that if you had mdr reservations you couldn't do mtd if you missed your assigned seating time. I see no reason if you wanted to goto mtd instead of mdr you couldn't just stand in the no reservations line.