Why check in so early?

We're 89 days out from our cruise, according to my account. Check in opened yesterday. Are there pros and cons to doing it now? I'm sure we will check in online before going, but is there any benefit to doing it at 89 days as opposed to say, 10 days?

As far as I know, there are no pros or cons. I do remember however, that I waited until the day before one of our cruises to print out the luggage tags and boarding passes. UGH....printer did not work! Had to run around the neighborhood looking for someone with a printer.

No difference, except you never know when Royal might mess up the website even more, so I'd do the online check-in whenever it's possible.

That is an extremely good point.

No difference, except you never know when Royal might mess up the website even more, so I'd do the online check-in whenever it's possible.
Exactly.. plus we like to make MTD reservations asap.

We're 89 days out from our cruise, according to my account. Check in opened yesterday. Are there pros and cons to doing it now? I'm sure we will check in online before going, but is there any benefit to doing it at 89 days as opposed to say, 10 days?

I tend to be very compulsive and I want to check in as soon as it is available.

Enjoy your cruise

As far as I know, there are no pros or cons. I do remember however, that I waited until the day before one of our cruises to print out the luggage tags and boarding passes. UGH....printer did not work! Had to run around the neighborhood looking for someone with a printer.

I can sympathize with this one. It is the main reason I dumped inkjet printers instead of a laser. In our case, I found our public library had a computer with printer at 5 cents per page.

No, reservation opening for MTD is independent of online check-in.

You can sometimes do my time dinning over 200 days before a trip. I would do MTD ASAP because the good times can fill up.

I also would not wait until the last minute to do check in because there are still issues with the web site having intermittent problems.

Online checkin also closes within 3 days of departure. I made that mistake once trying to check in the night before and print the set sail pass the day of. While you can still get on the ship, it really was quite a hassle to do so.

Learned my lesson!

Totally off topic (sort of) but we have MTD and I went into cruise planner & selected 6:30 for each night. But my order shows 6:30-8:30 no matter how much i play with it. Is that typical?
It is a 2 hour window, as that is in theory how long you have the table reserved for you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

I did online check in for my July 1st sailing and printed set sail pass but didn't see any mention of luggage tags. Is that something I should search for to print ?

Luggage tags usually don't become available until about 7 weeks before the cruise.