Heads Up RS has gone from $7:95 to $9:38

Have never used room service but have considered it for late night comfort food. Maybe I'm cheap, but this makes it much less appealing.

Dan

Room service food is worse than the buffet, too. I'd much rather just go out and grab something than order room service on Royal.

Room service food is worse than the buffet, too. I'd much rather just go out and grab something than order room service on Royal.

Agreed. The only thing that's made me consider RS is the variety that's offered versus the same 'ol pizza and finger food at Sorrento's and Cafe Promenade late at night. That food can get tiring a few days into the cruise. Our very first cruise was on the Freedom back in 2012 and they also had a panini station at Sorrento's. They were sooooo good, and with the types of panini changing daily, it was an awesome way to soak up some drinks late at night. REALLY miss the paninis.

Dan

Agreed. The only thing that's made me consider RS is the variety that's offered versus the same 'ol pizza and finger food at Sorrento's and Cafe Promenade late at night. That food can get tiring a few days into the cruise. Our very first cruise was on the Freedom back in 2012 and they also had a panini station at Sorrento's. They were sooooo good, and with the types of panini changing daily, it was an awesome way to soak up some drinks late at night. REALLY miss the paninis.

Dan

I guess I do so much "dining" throughout the cruise on various cuisines, that when it comes to late night, a slice of pizza or little sandwich or whatever is more than fine. But I can see the allure of having more options with room service.

I think we should just all have better standards with room service then, and complain, send it back, or request a refund when the food is not up to standards. They'll get the message.

I'm not one who eats after dinner, so I haven't tried getting anything late night. Having said that, though, on Allure during the day they seemed to alternate between Panini sandwiches and salad along with the pizza.

It's been many years since I went out after a night of drinking and my go to was always breakfast at 3am or whatever. I've never been on a ship that has that late night, but perhaps NCL does if O'Sheehan's is open 24 hours and serves breakfast the whole time.

Now, I am in bed way before the time I used to eat late night food. Sometimes it seems that growing old(er) isn't all that bad!

I just don't get the complaining about a buck here or there.

It's a vacation...if it's too expensive don't take it.

Besides, if you want the policy to change, the best way to do it is hit the bottom line. When the ships start to sail with empty rooms, they might start to think about reducing costs. Until then, expect them to go up.

I just don't get the complaining about a buck here or there.

It's a vacation...if it's too expensive don't take it.

Besides, if you want the policy to change, the best way to do it is hit the bottom line. When the ships start to sail with empty rooms, they might start to think about reducing costs. Until then, expect them to go up.

I agree DS,when you are on holiday you should not quibble about a few dollars here and there just enjoy your cruise.