Munchies?

Seems like a silly question but it's our first cruise and I have many! I love to munch on pretzels or popcorn while enjoying a cold beer. Are munchies available anywhere? Am I allowed to buy them and bring them in my carry-on onto the ship? Do they have bowls of munchies in the bars or do I have to go buy some somewhere?

I don't think typically you'll find munchies at the bar like you are referring too...but there is always food around and nothing stops you from bringing munchies in with you to a show or bar etc....I always go grab some fries or something at the buffet and bring it out to munch on by the pool or whatnot....

If there is something special that you like (pretzels, chips, nuts, etc) you can bring them on board with you, as long as they are in factory sealed containers. There is very little along that vein (salty snacks) on the ship, but they are available for sale in the gift shop in a limited variety. They are very expensive. You can take your carried-on snacks with you wherever you would like.

:D Love roasted nuts with a beer. My wife toasts walnuts and pecans before the cruise. We always bring a lot with us and have them with drink before dinner. When leaving the ship we take the and protein bars along with water in case we get hungry., Nuts are a great source of protein. Never had any problem bringing them on board.

It had never been against the rules to bring sealed pkgs. of junk food.

I wouldn't bring a salami but chips, nuts, popcorn candy bars no rules anywhere against that.

The only rules are about soda and alcohol which they sell on the ship.

Each cruise I bring a bag of Twizzlers licorice onboard with me... plus I bring protein bars for DH (he's diabetic and I need to make sure I have something for him in ports in case his blood sugar drops).

If you love candy (like I do!) Candy On Top is a great source for your next sugar high! Just know it's not cheap! But last cruise I bought half a pound of sour gummy worms from there... yummo!

Carnival is lacking in the availability of salty snacks, so bring your own if you would like to enjoy some during your cruise. If you like chips, Pringles tend to travel well since they're in a solid container. Carnival bars do not have snacks available. Lots of people ask this same question, so it seems like Carnival would. Carnival isn't much into making improvements these days. They're more focused on figuring out new ways to extract money from passengers.

My family and I are chip people so we always bring about 3 bags of different kinds of chips onboard with us for every cruise and have never had any issues with this. We typically just throw them in a carry on bag. I think the last cruise we stopped at a store on the way to the port and grabbed them and my son just carried them on in the plastic grocery bag. Zero issues as long as the bags are still sealed :)

On our first cruise, I did bring snacks, and what a waste of money, time and energy-since you are surrounded by food 24/7. When we do all day long excursions (not beach) I bring slim jims and water. And I do always bring on tea bags, since I have not been happy with the ships recent selection. I enjoy chamomile before bedtime, and earl gray in the afternoons. But chips, nuts, fritos and Cheetos :eek:are not sitting around in the bar areas. Carnival does know how easy it is for germs to go from one person to another. Have a great cruise~!