Windjammer

Can anyone tell me about dinner in the Windjammer. We have never done dinner there but were wondering what they serve? Is it worth a try one evening? Going on Anthrm 6/11

It's actually surprisingly nice. Queter than lunch and breakfast. They serve a variety of items, different every night, with one or two entrees from the MDR menu that night.

It's actually quieter than the MDR and the food is decent. There are typically special made to order stations and special desserts. You can also eat faster because there's no waiting for courses. Everyone should at least try it once!

Tom

Can anyone tell me about dinner in the Windjammer. We have never done dinner there but were wondering what they serve? Is it worth a try one evening? Going on Anthrm 6/11

I very much enjoyed dinner in the Windjammer on the Anthem.

It's actually surprisingly nice. Queter than lunch and breakfast. They serve a variety of items, different every night, with one or two entrees from the MDR menu that night.

Shhh...Now everyone will show up ;)

Shhh...Now everyone will show up ;)

HAHA!! My thoughts exactly! We eat in the Windjammer almost every night. I can dress more casual and comfortable, and as others have already said, it's quieter and less crowded than the MDR. Just remember that if you end up eating there primarily during your cruise, it might be a good idea to tip your server at the end of your cruise. We always sit in the same area and get to know our server by the end of our cruise, and they are always so appreciative when we show them our gratitude for the excellent service they've given us.

Actually we've doing 3-5 nights of specialty restaurants and the other nights in the Windjammer for the last 10 cruises. So I agree with the others Quiet and Nice the only down side is no Lobster.

Edited by Pitbull1130

We found that the WJ on Freedom had a much better variety for dinner than the MDR and the food was just as good or better. Im not sure I will go back to the MDR every night on my next RC cruise if at all.

When not cruising with friends I always prefer to have dinner in the Windjammer. Like the variety it offers and IMO offers more flexibility with time than even MTD. The quiet is very nice and a definite plus. Regardless of the ship I've always found that the Windjammer chef generally tries out some new items not offered on the buffet at least one night of the cruise by walking around with a tray and offering it to the dinners.

What are the hours for dinner typically in the winemaker? My sister and I are doing a Mediterranean cruise in September and one of the ports is a long tour day. We most likely will be too tired to get all dressed up for dinner that night

What are the hours for dinner typically in the winemaker? My sister and I are doing a Mediterranean cruise in September and one of the ports is a long tour day. We most likely will be too tired to get all dressed up for dinner that night

Guessing that autocorrect struck again.:)

A typical dinner time in Windjammer would be 6pm to 9:30pm, but could vary by day and itinerary.

Edited by clarea

We found that the WJ on Freedom had a much better variety for dinner than the MDR and the food was just as good or better. Im not sure I will go back to the MDR every night on my next RC cruise if at all.

And since they don't have an Izumi on board, you get all you can eat

sushi!! ;) :D

We also enjoy the WJ for dinner for same reasons as others posted. Quiet, can get a seat at anytime, and much

more choices. We mix it up with a few dinners in the MDR, a couple of specialty restaurants, and the rest of the

dinners in the WJ. Looking forward to our first experience at CK in January on Oasis. :)

Edited by island lady

Another vote for having dinner at least occasionally in the windjammer. We did it several times on our anthem cruise last year and we are just off ovation where we did the same. Don't miss the frying stations - chicken , pork , steak etc ready to fry to order so perfectly fresh. Quiet in the evenings and the servers are all very attentive. Certainly worth a try!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app