Why is there no separate ROLL thread for SS?

SanFranCruizer

• Administrators

Hi there!

We usually look to see how many roll calls there are in the first few pages of a forum to determine whether we open separate forums. Usually, there are many complaints that there just "too many roll calls" and they are taking over. Right now, this forum is just at a point where we could go either way. Which also means that some of you will be thrilled about new forums, and some of you will be annoyed that they'll have to post in other forums.

So, what does everyone think?

Yes to separate roll call forums for Silversea??

Hi there!

We usually look to see how many roll calls there are in the first few pages of a forum to determine whether we open separate forums. Usually, there are many complaints that there just "too many roll calls" and they are taking over. Right now, this forum is just at a point where we could go either way. Which also means that some of you will be thrilled about new forums, and some of you will be annoyed that they'll have to post in other forums.

So, what does everyone think?

Yes to separate roll call forums for Silversea??

And remember, if the answer is "yes" there will be no posting of roll calls on this forum at all! Really think about this...

Host Dan

I agree with duct tape. Silversea isn't Carnival with dozens of ships, each holding thousands of people. I'd keep the "roll calls" here because it would be more manageable and cause more sharing of information.

I agree with duct tape. Silversea isn't Carnival with dozens of ships, each holding thousands of people. I'd keep the "roll calls" here because it would be more manageable and cause more sharing of information.

Please don't start a "roll call" that will put SS into the mass market category. Getting groups together has been simple and easy -- let's continue with individual efforts.

Mary Ann

I think the status quo is fine.

Why fix something that ain't broke!

Very well summarized. Agree!!! This is working fine. It's not like some of the mega, massive cruise lines where the number of various posts are too many. This is doing well and is very manageable.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

I don't see any reason why SS can't have a separate board. I think it would be much more convenient. Paul Gauguin Cruises has a separate one, and they only have the one ship! It began almost immediately after the new company took over from Regent. I find it very convenient. I visit both boards, the PG board for more general questions/discussion, and my specific roll call of 6/26 for tour discussions, etc.

I think the same would work very well for SS, which after all has 6 ships - not just one.

I think we need one here. If you have to search the forums to find if there are previous posts for roll call of your cruise you may not find it if you don't put into the search line the correct way a previous posted started the thread. So we then wind up with many threads for the date. As I couldn't find a thread for our next cruise, I started one. Only 2 people found it for roll call and then it just seemed to get " high jacked" by posts by others on other dates cruises.

It would just make it easier imho fwiw:D

And remember, if the answer is "yes" there will be no posting of roll calls on this forum at all! Really think about this...

Host Dan

If it aint broke dont mess with it. It is a useful board which serves many useful functions.

Archived