RevNeal LIVE! From the ms Prinsendam

RevNeal

Just returned to the ship after a lovely afternoon doing a Hop-On-Hop-Off Bus mini-tour of Oslo. We went to the Vigeland Sculpture Park and also saw the sights of the city from the bus. It was so very nice this time. The last time I was in Oslo, on the Eurodam Inaugural Cruise in 2008, it was raining cats and dogs and I would have been more dry had I gone swimming! Today we had a lovely partly-sunny sky, and temps in the mid 60s. It was PERFECT.

Tonight we depart Oslo and enjoy our final Formal Night aboard the Prinsendam before our last day at sea, tomorrow, and disembarking the ship on August 14th. So quickly do these cruises come to an end, and yet how long it takes for the next one to come around.

Yesterday afternoon I booked a new cruise. The Nieuw Amsterdam 6-day Western Caribbean round-trip out of Fort Lauderdale -- January 2, 2012 -- followed by a 7-day Eastern Caribbean round trip out of Fort Lauderdale -- January 8, 2012. 13 days, 2 stops at Half Moon Cay. GREAT price. Yes, it's the caribbean again, but its a new ship and an inexpensive opportunity to pick up the Nieuw Amsterdam in between my 32-day cruise next year and the 21-day cruise I'm looking at for the summer of 2012. :D

Greg,

Thank you so sincerely for your generosity in sharing your wonderful photos with us. They are truly gorgeous. Very happy you are so enjoying this unique cruise. Continue to sail safely and have a wonderful time.

Have very much enjoyed your trip report! I am going with my 83 year old mother on the Prinsendam 9/11 for Splendors of Spain. It will be her first "larger ship" cruise (we have done the Crystal in Greece) and I wanted to make sure the boat was a nice one: very thrilled with your ship descriptions and your photos and report are wonderful. This will be my 7th HAL cruise but first on the Prinsendam. Thank you for taking the time to post!

Thanks for all your reports and photos, it was great.

You might know Prinsendam will have to go through a lock at IJmuiden before sailing into Amsterdam. Check with the crew what time that will be in case you are an early riser.

Have a safe trip home.

Greg, I've really enjoyed your thread. Your photos are outstanding and your attention to details about the ship and your tours has been excellent. Now you know why Slinkie and I keep returning to Prinsendam. Any HAL ship is a good ship, but Prinsendam.... is home! We don't get that feeling on other ships.

Thanks for taking us along on your wonderful journey.

We were happy to read about your thoughts on the P-dam. Of course we agree completely. We feel that we have three homes, The Hills,TX, our motorhome, and the Prinsendam. We hope that someday you can make one of the longer cruises on her. Great photos, great prose. Well done, Rev Neal

What an absolutely fabulous blog. I'm so sad your cruise is coming to an end as I would love to keep following your adventures. HAL really should pay you to blog about your trip.

Now I'm really looking forward to my cruises on the Prinsendam next year!!!

Thanks again Rev Neal for taking me/us on your fabulous trip. It was the next best thing to cruising. Hope our paths will cross someday.

Thanks, RevNeal, for this wonderful travelogue. It was great to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed yourself and the ship.

We would love to hear about the Mariners' Reception and Lunch. Wondering especially how many 4-stars there were on this cruise.

Have a safe voyage home.

Thank you SOOOOO much, dear Greg!

Can't wait for our May 13-June 6 "Transatlantic to Bordeaux and Beyond" on her!!! (Come with us: We have a super roll call.)

Safe travels

-- and I pray we will one day have the privilege of sailing with YOU,

Mary-Lou (& Dave)

Really enjoyed your descriptions of your cruise - your last post was diplicated verbatum on the roll call for the 2011 SouthAmerica/Antarctic cruise.

I had a few observations addressed to you that I inadvertantly placed on that website.

When you get home, I hope you will check out the website and see what you think,

Thanks, MaryAnn

**********>

Tonight we depart Oslo and enjoy our final Formal Night aboard the Prinsendam before our last day at sea, tomorrow, and disembarking the ship on August 14th. So quickly do these cruises come to an end, and yet how long it takes for the next one to come around.

Yesterday afternoon I booked a new cruise. The Nieuw Amsterdam 6-day Western Caribbean round-trip out of Fort Lauderdale -- January 2, 2012 -- followed by a 7-day Eastern Caribbean round trip out of Fort Lauderdale -- January 8, 2012. 13 days, 2 stops at Half Moon Cay. GREAT price. Yes, it's the caribbean again, but its a new ship and an inexpensive opportunity to pick up the Nieuw Amsterdam**********>

Greg,

This means I have something to look forward to ??? :rolleyes: :D

Also, a friend from Oslo on Facebook today mentioned that he was lunching yesterday at a restaurant on a Fjord. He commented that the Queen Victoria and the Prinsendam sailed by.

So I am getting your cruise from TWO sides :cool:

Please savour your last formal,

r.

Greg,

Thanks so very much for your fascinating travelogue and wonderful pictures. After reading your summary post I have vowed to book a cruise on the Prisendam soon. I do hope our paths will cross again as I so enjoyed our time together on the Rotterdam last year. Regards and a hug for Christopher.

michele aka The Furniture Lady

It's 11:45 pm, I'm all packed and the luggage is out in the hall and the TV shows us 57.2 nautical miles from Amsterdam. I'm taking a few minutes to burn off my last few minutes of internet time and check e-mails and such, and wanted to give one final good-bye from the Prinsendam. Tomorrow I disembark, transfer to the airport, fly to London, switch planes, and fly to Dallas. I should be landing about 6:30 pm, Dallas time, which means -- if all things work out well -- I should be at home by 8:30 pm at the latest.

Last night was a lovely formal night; I stayed up WAY too late, but was having too good of time to want to turn in. Today was the nominal melancholy of a last day aboard ship before disembarkation.

After I'm through the rigors of the Sunday grind, and have some time to catch up, I plan on reviewing this thread and responding to any questions that didn't get answered while aboard ship. I will also be writing up more remarks regarding events that occurred, the ship, and commenting on selected photos that I've not yet uploaded. I will also, as always, be putting together a Photo Gallery/Tour of the ship and of this cruise, with far more photos than I've thus-far uploaded.

I thank all of you for your patience and kindness and for reading along as I reported from the Elegant Explorer, the MS Prinsendam.

Blessings to all of you!

You do an outstanding blog of your adventures along this exciting voyage. I wish I could duplicate the beautiful descriptions and photos of your adventures. My sister and I have had three voyages on the Prinsendam. Your blogs bring back so many memories of the wonderful voyages on the Elegant Explorer, the MS Prinsendam. Thank you.

Archived