Have You Ever Been Upgraded From Your Guarantee Cabin?

will773

It does happen ... but don't count on it. If upgrades were a reasonable certainty, everyone would book a guarantee. Yes, we've gotten a "better" stateroom on occasion, but were assigned one in the category we booked more often. Again, there are exceptions ... but upgrades are usually the same type of accommodation (i.e. inside, ocean view, balcony, etc.) but in a "more desirable" location (midship, as opposed to forward or aft, for example). Can you get a balcony when booking an inside guarantee? Possible, but highly unlikely. It all depends on how quickly the sail date and category are selling. We're not all that fussy, so where we sleep isn't as important as just being aboard. Whatever your decision, have a great cruise!

Al

NO - NEVER

OV GTY to OV assignment on the Sovereign. Balcony GTY to a low balcony category on the Radiance .

In both cases, the guarantee was a great price and I got what I was promised so I was satisfied. Other have been luckier. I had 45+ CRUISES at that Radiance GTY gamble so it must be all luck.

I have a balcony GTY booked for an upcoming Freedom cruise. No assignment yet – I imagine that will come after the final payment date . Maybe my luck will turn.

M

Inspired by a post in another thread:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1289113

Someone said that many people have been upgraded from an inside guarantee to a Boardwalk or Central Park view balcony room? Is this true?

What are your upgrade experienced?

Yep....interior Cat Z guar to a B1 Boardwalk Balcony just a couple months ago.

We've booked a GTY on 3 different cruises and got upgraded once: On the Grandeur we were bumped from an inside to an Oceanview. Our first RC cruise was on the Radiance and our Balcony GTY assignment was forward (bigger balcony) and on a higher deck so I would call that better-than-expected too ! :D

Have booked inside guarantee 3 times & have been up graded to an ocean view 3 times :) Our 4th inside guarantee on Serenade for Nov 2011 is still pending assignment. Keeping our fingers crossed.

brian

Inspired by a post in another thread:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1289113

Someone said that many people have been upgraded from an inside guarantee to a Boardwalk or Central Park view balcony room? Is this true?

What are your upgrade experienced?

Many times last Princess cruise from an obstructed outside to a 4 seat balcony once on the QE2 i was upgraded from an outside single mauritania to a Queens grill single

I have never tried to bood a GTY on Royal Caribbean, but many years ago tried it on Celebrity. We booked a Sky Suite gty and wount up in a Royal Suite (about the same size as an OS on RCCL). We fell in love with the class of suite and have never been back.

That was our first try at Celebrity, and we have enjoyed cruising with them as well as others lines.

Rick

Archived