"LIVE" from Allure of the Seas / May 22, 2011

Thanks Michele! Our cabin in on Deck 8 midship so we plan on going to there most days for breakfast and the last day is the most important to avoid crowds.....

Leaving for the port shortly.....:D

Have a wonderful cruise! :D

Thanks Michele! Our cabin in on Deck 8 midship so we plan on going to there most days for breakfast and the last day is the most important to avoid crowds.....

Leaving for the port shortly.....:D

No problem! Have a wonderful cruise!!! :)

Me and my wife mysschevous got off the ship a few hours ago, and we miss it already. What an amazing ship and such a friendly helpful crew, I have never had such happy service like this before and the ship was amazing!

We are now boarding the plane back to Hartford.

Thanks Alure and Capt Zini for an amazing week!

Say it isn't so!!!! Our cruise is over, I will miss my daily dose of Radio and his wonderful review, thank you so much for taking the time to do this thread I have enjoyed this expierance....I only have 133 days till it's my turn! :eek:

Wow...great pix...me thinks we need to see if Capt Olav or whomever we have in Nov would mind making a detour over to Coz......

guess you got booted off the ship about an hour ago???? "Attention Mr. Radio GET OFF the ship already!! ";):p

for those who may be sailing Allure on an upcoming cruise; here are the breakfast times and venues open on departure day. this is direct from my departure letter on ship.

Breakfast is available:

5:30-8:30 Windjammer Deck 16

6:00-8:30 Solarium Bistro Deck 15

6:00-8:30 Park Cafe Deck 8

6:00-8:30 Adiagio Dining Room Deck 4

Please be advised that Starbucks, Sorrentos and Cafe Promenade will be closed to ensure a smooth departure process. Refreshments and coffee setup will be available in the designated departure lounges.

hope this helps

for those who may be sailing Allure on an upcoming cruise; here are the breakfast times and venues open on departure day. this is direct from my departure letter on ship.

Breakfast is available:

5:30-8:30 Windjammer Deck 16

6:00-8:30 Solarium Bistro Deck 15

6:00-8:30 Park Cafe Deck 8

6:00-8:30 Adiagio Dining Room Deck 4

Please be advised that Starbucks, Sorrentos and Cafe Promenade will be closed to ensure a smooth departure process. Refreshments and coffee setup will be available in the designated departure lounges.

hope this helps

Great info to know ahead of time. Thanks very much AF-1.

Good Morning, Radio!!

I keep thinking about those "Wine Dispensers". Personally, I dont like the idea. I want someone to pour my drink for sure!

Did you see them being used frequently?

I saw them being serviced more than being used.

for those who may be sailing Allure on an upcoming cruise; here are the breakfast times and venues open on departure day. 6:00-8:30 Adiagio Dining Room Deck 4

Also note the elevators don't let you go below deck 5 on departure morning so you have to take the stairs to the dining room on deck 4. We had to get off at deck 5 and fight off the crew members directing us off the ship ;) to get to the stairs to deck 4.

Radio

I know this is a little late, but could you tell me how comfortable the seats are on the Auto Train. My hubby and I would like to take our Harley down to Florida, ending up in the Keys. I really don't want to ride the bike both ways up and down the coast, so thought that the Auto Train may be an option for us. Are the seats like what you would find on a tourbus??? Unfortunately, hubby can only stand those kind of seats so long.

Oh, and I am thoroughly enjoying your trip report!!!! Keep up the great work!!! You sure do have a lot of people accompanying you on your trip(us CCer's:D). Cabin feel crowded yet:p??

I took the Auto train when I moved down to Florida, the seats are comfortable but would strongly recommend getting a sleeper cabin it is well worth it for a good night rest.

I took the Auto train when I moved down to Florida, the seats are comfortable but would strongly recommend getting a sleeper cabin it is well worth it for a good night rest.

I actually showed my hubby the seating layout on AutoTrain's website. I think that he is interested in getting the sleeper.

Good to know though that the seats are comfortable!!!

Ken Rush is the CD at this time but not sure when he leaves. He is not my favorite, would have rather had Allen Brooks! Although Ken gave us a shout out on his Morning Rush show on our 30th Anniversary, thanks to our daughters!!!

Who do you talk to get an anniversary shout out? I want to do that for my parents 50th anniversary

That is so funny about Allen Brooks. We had him on Oasis in November and liked him the least of any CD we have ever had.

Having criss-crossed the US of A by rail in both coach and sleepers, I highly suggest getting the sleeper if you can afford it......your meals are included, you'll have your own little space, access to a shower and bathrooms that are (generally) better maintained/cleaned than those in coach. (not to say that the coach restrooms are dirty...)

The roomettes are VERY small. They are designed for 2, but they are not large. The bedrooms are more expensive but have extra room AND your own restroom/shower (though it's one little room for both, and when you use the shower the whole bathroom seemingly gets wet!)

That said, the seats for both areas are comfy.....travel by rail is lots of fun....I haven't taken the auto train but i have family that takes it every year.....everyone should take at least one long train trip in their lifetimes....great way to see the USA..

Just be sure to arrive at LEAST 1 day before your cruise....

Radio, as many others have said, we have really enjoyed your LIVE report.

Sad to see it come to an end for you.

Radio, I enjoyed your video, what editing software do you use?

Were you solo or did Mrs Radio come along this time?

Have a wonderful journey back home on the auto train, after all the entertaining of us here on CC it maybe a good time to get some rest!!

Thanks fo rthe nice comments. . .I arrived at the hotel and took a much needed nap !

I used Windows Movie maker, and Sony Vegas for all of the Vids. . .

Radio

;);)

Just be sure to arrive at LEAST 1 day before your cruise....

Oh, the Auto Train is not for going on a cruise, it is to cut out driving from about 1 1/2 hours north of Washington DC to get to Florida. We want to take our Harley down to the Keys, and to see other points of interest in Florida. Coming back home we will probably not take the Auto Train, just leisurely come home on the two wheels beneath us:D!!! Planning on taking two weeks of vacation to do this.

Radio,

Loved the review. You have me so looking forward to our cruise on the Allure in a month. Just a quick question, my daughter wanted to know if the pools are freshwater or saltwater. My preference is saltwater, but she prefers freshwater. Thanks again for all of the detailed info and great photos.