"Honor Bar" in the concierge club?

We were lucky enough to book the grand suite deal on Oasis posted on the board yesterday. DH asked about the suite benefits, and I said it included drinks in the CC from 5-8 PM. He looked on the RCI site and because it says "honor bar (self service bar with no fee), " he thinks that means we pay for drinks, but don't pay tips because it's self-service. Can someone clarify? And of course I hope it's me that's correct :D

Also, do GS guests have access to the Diamond Lounge as well? I thought I'd read that somewhere here, but it's on the RCI site so I thought I might not be remembering correctly.

Thanks for any information anyone can provide!

I will be watching for answers. We booked Aft Aqua family suite. I am wondering if well behaved kids can join us for cocktails prior to dinner. Or are they allowed anytime? We also diamond members.

Hum, never seen it referred to as an honor bar like some hotels we have been in. In the Concierge Lounge the waiters will bring your drinks free of charge. Tips for the waiters should be and will be appreciated, some wait until the end of the cruise then tip for the entire cruise. It's my understanding that Suite Guest don't have access to the Diamond Lounge but there is plenty of room in the Concierge Lounge on the Oasis. Seems only Diamond Plus can venture from Concierge to Diamond Lounge.

BonVoyage

Dawna

There is no charge for the drinks in the CL....if you wish,, a tip is appreciated. Tipping is customary on the last evening.

In the past, children haven't been allowed....but recently, there have been reports of kids in the CL....during the non-cocktail hours, I don't see any reason the kids couldn't come with you.

I will be watching for answers. We booked Aft Aqua family suite. I am wondering if well behaved kids can join us for cocktails prior to dinner. Or are they allowed anytime? We also diamond members.

Kids are allowed anytime now. They were excluded from the cocktail hour but are now allowed in.

The drinks are free :) as stated above.

Diamond lounge is for diamond and above only, regardless of cabin type. Concierge lounge is for anyone in a GS or higher, and Diamond Plus or higher in any cabin type. Drinks are complimentary in both locations, and served by the crew.

Razorgirl

Thanks for the lunch tip. Do they serve wine and beer at lunch as well?

Hiccups..

I too was lucky to snag a GS. I couldn't sleep Sunday night and got up at 12:15 am et and looked at the website. I couldn't get back to sleep until 4 am.

I will be seeing you in the CL!

Razorgirl

Thanks for the lunch tip. Do they serve wine and beer at lunch as well?

Hiccups..

I too was lucky to snag a GS. I couldn't sleep Sunday night and got up at 12:15 am et and looked at the website. I couldn't get back to sleep until 4 am.

I will be seeing you in the CL!

Glad you asked about the beer/wine at lunch... that's something else I recall reading in a thread today, but now am wondering if I messed that up along with the Diamond Lounge thing.

That suite sale was something! Kind of bummed I missed the GS guarantee in case of an upgrade (my TA didn't act on it when I called), but a GS is still great! This will be our first time in a suite.

• 2 years later...
I was curious if anyone could tell me if you have to finish your drink in the lounge' date=' or can you take it with you?[/quote']

Rules say you must consume drinks in the lounge, but varies in practice.

I was curious if anyone could tell me if you have to finish your drink in the lounge' date=' or can you take it with you?[/quote']

I have noticed on our last few cruises, with the introduction of the vouchers, that no one seems to care if you take your drinks out of the lounge. On our Liberty TA last year, we saw people getting stopped as they took drinks out, but this year, the same staff just smiled and said, have a good evening!:D

Sherri:)

We were lucky enough to book the grand suite deal on Oasis posted on the board yesterday. DH asked about the suite benefits, and I said it included drinks in the CC from 5-8 PM. He looked on the RCI site and because it says "honor bar (self service bar with no fee), " he thinks that means we pay for drinks, but don't pay tips because it's self-service. Can someone clarify? And of course I hope it's me that's correct :D

Also, do GS guests have access to the Diamond Lounge as well? I thought I'd read that somewhere here, but it's on the RCI site so I thought I might not be remembering correctly.

Thanks for any information anyone can provide!

most ships have a dedicated bartender/server during the cocktail hour so while the drinks are free( nothing fancy, basic mixed only, nothing frozen or complicated) yoy do need to tip the server outside of the cocktail hour there maybe self serve access to things like soda, tea and lemonade or bottled water( never been on Oasis but the ships I have had pitchers of ice water tea and lemonade next to the 24/7 fancy coffee machine)

all cabins have a wet ar set up that does cost( way overpriced) but IIRC, it was just canned soda and bottled water plus a box or two of snacks at like $3.50 a pop.

so far as I understand stand your cabin category has no bearing on the D lounge.. you must be D in order to access it. we never tried to get in to one, we are happy in the C lounge

Oasis now has the Suite Lounge with Coastal Kitchen on Deck 17. You will have your free drinks in there. It was in dry dock and has many changes now.

There may not be a CL for your cruise. It is being turned into Wonderland restaurant.

I would search on here for all the changes to Oasis etc.

Hum, never seen it referred to as an honor bar like some hotels we have been in. In the Concierge Lounge the waiters will bring your drinks free of charge. Tips for the waiters should be and will be appreciated, some wait until the end of the cruise then tip for the entire cruise. It's my understanding that Suite Guest don't have access to the Diamond Lounge but there is plenty of room in the Concierge Lounge on the Oasis. Seems only Diamond Plus can venture from Concierge to Diamond Lounge.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I'm Diamond and when I was last on on Liberty, I ventured from the Concierge Lounge to the Diamond Lounge. Both Lounges gave me drinks "to go" as well. :D

I'm Diamond and when I was last on on Liberty, I ventured from the Concierge Lounge to the Diamond Lounge. Both Lounges gave me drinks "to go" as well. :D

My GS gold card worked in the Diamond Lounge on Adventure as well, quite often went in for coffee. Never brave enough to venture in there for cocktails though, there is something about Diamonds and above especially in a group that can spot an imposter at 30 paces :D