Help Bring Back The Future Cruise Vacation Program

Kangapong

John Heald has asked that comments and questions regarding the discontinuation of the Future Cruise Vacation Program be posted on his Facebook page for the decision makers to read.

If you are on Facebook, this might be a good time to head over to John's page and have your voice heard. Perhaps we can convince the "Beards" to reverse their decision.

I'll probably have to call my PVP at Carnival to get a definitive answer on this, but I wonder if the OBC is only available to those booking a future cruise while on board, or if it will also be offered to those that book their cruise through their PVP within a certain time period, say before the Early Saver rates for a specific cruise expire.

I just came off a cruise last week, and I always buy one FCC when aboard, for my next cruise. Had I known they were discontinuing this perk, I'd have bought 5 or 6 of 'em! BUMMER!

Well, I'm on my way over to FaceBook to complain. ;)

"SKY"

I'll probably have to call my PVP at Carnival to get a definitive answer on this, but I wonder if the OBC is only available to those booking a future cruise while on board, or if it will also be offered to those that book their cruise through their PVP within a certain time period, say before the Early Saver rates for a specific cruise expire.

Im not certain what you are saying.. but in the future it says you have to book onboard to get the OBC, not later.

Your booking agent you used to book the cruise you are on is supposed to get the booking credit, even though you book onboard.

You will have to book onboard though in the future to get the OBC. It says that in the TA link that was posted last night.

Per the article, the OBC will only be available if you book your next cruise while ON the ship.

The fact that we bought a FCC on our last Carnival cruise (first one on CCL) is pretty much the only reason we are booked on another one. If we didn't have a FCC we would have gone with another cruise line.

Every cruise since 2008 I bought a FCC while on board and there other guests buying the FCC, my guess they were to popular and the beards pulled the plug because CCL lost a hunderd dollars per 7 day cruise which adds up in a year.

Gary

John has a post on his FB page, and he has asked everyone to post about the FCC as a reply to that post so that all replies are in one area for him to forward to the beards. Last I looked it was at 350+ posts, but it is growing like mad.

Do you have a link or should I just go to his page and say something?

Every cruise since 2008 I bought a FCC while on board and there other guests buying the FCC, my guess they were to popular and the beards pulled the plug because CCL lost a hunderd dollars per 7 day cruise which adds up in a year.

Gary

Actually I doubt they LOST money. When you gave Carnival that $100 to buy the FCC they had use of your money until you redeem, sometimes 2 years later. That's a lot of interest they earn off your money .

The OBC, while valued at $100 (assuming it's a 7 day cruise) does not cost the cruise line but maybe half that, due to mark-up of goods/services.

FCC's are a win-win, don't see the logic of them discontinuing them. But it won't make me stop cruising Carnival.

Per the article, the OBC will only be available if you book your next cruise while ON the ship.

Good luck with that!!!

Before they offered the FCC, they had a policy where you could book on board a future cruise and get $100obc. Problem was that it was near impossible.

I tried to book on the Ecstacy back in '02 and got the deer in the headlights look from the front desk people. They got the manager who said he needed to get some book but did not have it. Said to call back. Bottom line is I was not able to book.

I was much more persistent that summer on the Glory- I was able to book and get the obc, but it took several trips to the desk, took a good chunk of my chillax time.

Archived