LIVE from the Star Princess; RT SFO to Hawaii - Oct. 6th to 21st

Pia1913

Glad I found this thread!! On Saturday were so jealous seeing the Star Princess from the Bay Bridge knowing that we would be driving to the port but but not getting on the ship! Dropped parents off and sadly drove away! My SIL and BIL are also on this sailing so "seeing" the cruise through you is much appreciated!!!

I didn’t mention yesterday that the Elite, Plat and Suite Lounge in Skywalkers from 5:00 to 7:00, now have a special price for their drinks. The $2.99 special, which became $3.99 is now $5.00. We heard the prices had been raised but it seemed that not all ships were the same at the same time. Evidently the Star has definitely decided to offer it at $5.00.

It was $5 in March on the Star.

Thanks, Pia!

Today, I was especially envious... It was 53 degrees here and just gray. Even if it is 53 degrees on a cruise... It is still a cruise.

I wish... I wish... I wish... I was on that boat!

Enjoy your evening!:)

Popping in while enjoying our late afternoon wine time. Nothing of any importance occurred today. We peeked into the Capri DR sale (Mike’s idea), had late morning coffee at the IC, went to a photography seminar (Mike’s idea) and found 4 people with whom to play trivia. Hard trivia, but we managed to end up in a three way tie. And, we won the third tiebreaker. A lanyard. Now we are discussing whether or not we want to dress for formal night. Who’s taking bets? ;)

Bill, you stated that the price of drinks at the Plat/Elite lounge was $5 in March. Well, on the CB in July it was still $3.99. I guess each ship does it their way, but I imagine they will all be $5 eventually.

Nothing else to offer. Back to my wine and see you in the AM.

Popping in while enjoying our late afternoon wine time. Nothing of any importance occurred today. We peeked into the Capri DR sale (Mike’s idea), had late morning coffee at the IC, went to a photography seminar (Mike’s idea) and found 4 people with whom to play trivia. Hard trivia, but we managed to end up in a three way tie. And, we won the third tiebreaker. A lanyard. Now we are discussing whether or not we want to dress for formal night. Who’s taking bets? ;)

Bill, you stated that the price of drinks at the Plat/Elite lounge was $5 in March. Well, on the CB in July it was still $3.99. I guess each ship does it their way, but I imagine they will all be $5 eventually.

Pia;

Hope you two are having a great cruise.....:):):)

Bob

Pia,

Thanks for sharing your cruise with all of us. What are you and Mike doing between cruises, as I recall you have children in Ca?

Last month the price was $3.99 on the Golden and $5.00 on the Coral.

Hi Pia!

Elite Lounge drinks still $3.99 on the Grand but as you say, will probably be $5 fleet wide before too long. Lovely sunny day here but we are currently drifting around waiting for the Algerian coastguard to come and collect 25 "refugees" we have picked up. They have supposedly been drifting for the last 4 days off the coast of Algeria but no-one else in this busy sea area has apparently spotted them. The first coastguard vessel has broken down and we now have to wait an hour and a half for the next boat if that one doesn't also break down en route. Excuse me if I sound cynical. :rolleyes:

Jackie

Pia, we leave saturday for a B2B on the sapphire which includes stops in Hawaii...thanks very much for the postings and info! it is very helpful in our planning and dreaming! have a safe journey, terry

Hi Pia!

Elite Lounge drinks still $3.99 on the Grand but as you say, will probably be $5 fleet wide before too long. Lovely sunny day here but we are currently drifting around waiting for the Algerian coastguard to come and collect 25 "refugees" we have picked up. They have supposedly been drifting for the last 4 days off the coast of Algeria but no-one else in this busy sea area has apparently spotted them. The first coastguard vessel has broken down and we now have to wait an hour and a half for the next boat if that one doesn't also break down en route. Excuse me if I sound cynical. :rolleyes:

Jackie

Ha, must have lost their way coming to Australia...... all they had to do was radio for the Australian Navy to pick them up and our stupid government would have gladly sent a ship to them, put them up for a few years, full room and board and then let them stay..... excuse me if I sound cynical! :rolleyes:

Tuesday October 9th looks like another beautiful day at sea. The sun is shining and the outside temperature will be in the mid 70’s, as we sail along to our Hawaiian destinations. Just in case you’re wondering, we did not do formal night, we did not go to the dining room and we did not see the show. We did watch “Did you Hear About the Morgans? on our stateroom TV. For the 2nd or 3rd time.

Other than trivia, the morning brings us “50 First Dates” on MUTS, lecture, “Dolphins - mammals with the endless smiles,” a pub lunch and something in the Piazza called 60 Second Frenzy.

On the afternoon agenda we have another lecture; “History of Astronomy - from Caveman to Hubble” the movie “The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel” in the theater and the old movie “ 9 to 5” on MUTS. For those familiar with it, the staff will be running the “game”, Elevator Roulette. We seldom see this, but it can be fun. Silly, crazy, fun. If you need more info, I’m sure someone posting here will be happy to explain it to you. Probably Bill. <wink> <wink>

Tonight, as far as we’re concerned, there’s nothing. In the theater is an instrumentalist; David Klinkenberg. In Vista there’s the Orphea Quartet. In Explorer’s there’s music and dancing followed by Liar’s Club. For us, there will probably be exciting CNBC or similar. Or just reading. No movie on TV that we care to see again.

Joyce: We’ll be in Vegas for 4 days and then LA for 3. Seeing friends Bob and Meredith in LV and then having a mini M and G with two Royal passengers in LA. With their consent, will tell you whom on the Coral LIVE.

Usnuz: Weather good and we haven’t had any ports yet. First one is Hilo on Thursday.

Astro: Email reponse

Internet seems to have gotten spotty, so I hope this gets posted. Up until now it’s been good and fast. Couldn’t connect last night at all. Wish me luck.

Meanwhile, weather is so nice and gym was so crowded, that we are going to have our breakfast out here on deck. Later.

We peeked into the Capri DR sale (Mike’s idea), had late morning coffee at the IC, went to a photography seminar (Mike’s idea) and found 4 people with whom to play trivia.

There were two photography classes during our 10-day Mexico cruise, but we missed both. What did you think of the class? I adjust my DSLR camera settings manually, so I'm wondering what topics they cover. Will try for it on our Hawaii cruise next year.

Thanks, and thoroughly enjoying your posts!

went to a photography seminar (Mike’s idea)

Hi Pia,

There's another thread that just started regarding Digital Photography classes. It's getting into whether they are worth the time spent. Now that you've been to one of the latest, not counting the value of finding trivia players, did you or Mike find it valuable?

Scott

Hi Pia,

There's another thread that just started regarding Digital Photography classes. It's getting into whether they are worth the time spent. Now that you've been to one of the latest, not counting the value of finding trivia players, did you or Mike find it valuable?

Scott

I went to one on the Star in April and found it to be very basic and slow moving much more geared to beginners. But the next one, which I missed, may have been better and more advanced.

The ones on HAL are superb, hands on, and free...or were.

the staff will be running the “game”, Elevator Roulette. We seldom see this, but it can be fun. Silly, crazy, fun. If you need more info, I’m sure someone posting here will be happy to explain it to you. Probably Bill. <wink> <wink>

On a recent cruise, we had another activity at that time, so we could not play.

However, we were taking the elevator to the deck they were playing, so anticipating the cheers and applause as we stepped off of the elevator, I snapped a picture of the happy contestents. Sorry it is a little blurry.

2491577730016033894LLuZvt_th.jpg

What happened to Vicki Live :confused:

Moderators if I should not ask please delete this post and sorry if I am breaking a C.C. policy for asking the question :o

Thought getting 2 perspectives would of been good.

See post #56

Archived