Celebrity reflection transatlantic cruise

Boltonboys

The policy has always been that suite guests are welcome to eat in blu IF THERE IS ROOM. The only change to that policy was that initially suite passengers were charged $5 and now they may eat for free.

Several suite passengers were turned away on the eclipse TA during prime dining time..and that will continue to occur on all ships. Suite passengers are not automatically entitled to eat in blu whenever they want.

The question of whether they added enough tables for the increased number of aqua passengers on the reflection is a different issue unrelated to suites

The policy has always been that suite guests are welcome to eat in blu IF THERE IS ROOM. The only change to that policy was that initially suite passengers were charged $5 and now they may eat for free.

On our October cruise on the Infinity we wanted to have some friends who were suite guests eat with us in Blu. When we inquired about this with the maitre'd he informed us that we did not have to come at any particular time BUT he showed us a card that would be given to the suite guest explaining that there would be an "optional" gratuity of $5 pp. This card was handed to them after the meal by the maitre'd. The way this was handled didn't really seem to us as an "optional" charge - just don't want people to think that suite guests eat for free on Blu. (at least on the Infinity)

Newest report from my friends on board- still no complaints other then they enjoy the cruise very much. I hear most people are satifsfied with the OBC, since on TA- cruise- most people enjoy sea days. So missing one port does just not ruin everything! Complaining complaing complaing- some seem to enjoy themselves in doing so!

Our family was on the inauguaral and in Aqua Suites. . . we had breakfast in Blu every morning about half full and very enjoyable.

We never had the opportunity to dine in Blu in the evening as it was always packed after 8pm with a group of people waiting for tables. We had dinner in the specialty restaurants or main dining room which were all excellent.

Our family was on the inauguaral and in Aqua Suites. . . we had breakfast in Blu every morning about half full and very enjoyable.

We never had the opportunity to dine in Blu in the evening as it was always packed after 8pm with a group of people waiting for tables. We had dinner in the specialty restaurants or main dining room which were all excellent.

It's unusual for blu to be busy after eight. Perhaps this was unique to the inaugural cruise.

We were on the 11/4 cruise. While I would have preferred to have more indepth technical information about what was wrong, the only real impact to our cruise was missing Rhodes. To my knowledge, the status of the T/A and the dropping of the port for the crossing was not known to the many passengers who were continuing on that voyage until the day before our cruise ended. From my perspective, that's the only thing that Celebrity might have handled better.

We were in the Aqua suites, and dined in Blu. Just when I thought the food couldn't get any better there, they fooled me. Blu really was the highlight of our onboard experience. It was busy, and I think the staff was stretched to the max. We typically arrived there around 8:30pm each night, though we did dine in other specialty restaurants on 3 nights out of 14. We never waited in line at Blu....ever. I did see a line passing by one night....and I'm sure there were lines at other times. I believe a lot of the line problem was tied to a group....some celebrity (as in famous...not the cruise line) chef from Hawaii. He was cooking alongside Celebrity's chef's in the Blu restaurant, prepping special meals for his group. Pure speculation on my part, but I believe this group was contributing to some of the crowding issue on our 11/4 cruise. Have no idea if they are on the T/A or not. The only night we waited for a table was on our last night, and that was at our request because we wanted a specific server.

If I have any complaints about the cruise (and I don't), they would be about some of my fellow cruisers. I am not making this up. I heard a gentleman complain at guest relations that the ship sailed too fast between Athens and Malta and the ship rocked. Seriously, we were originally supposed to get in at 8am. They said we'd get there at 10am because of the power issue, but extend the time in port.... Captain got the ship up to enough speed to get us into Malta at 9am....and that was a problem for this gentleman. This is just one example of some of the truly mesmerizing behavior I witnessed from a few special people.

thank you for your perspective on the situation in Blu. We will definitely plan to eat after 8:30 pm (as is our ccustom). It is mind blowing how some people feel so entitled to complain. The staff has the patience of Job!!

I have enjoyed reading your blog.

Thanks for reading! I should add that there were some security issues on sail away day in Venice. I think things got pretty backed up. Just happens that we got back to the ship about an hour before things apparently got bad. The Venice port authority was running one little mobile security checkpoint for 3,000 passengers. Then to make things worse, you had to go through ship's security once you got through port security. Since the impact on us was minimal, I haven't really thought about it, but I know some were waiting outside for a long time.

Listen people, this cruise is lovely, other than a couple of rough sea days due to weather. To whom do I take that up with?? I've skimmed some and shake my head, questioning if on the same ship. All is good. Really.

Kind of glad we cancelled our booking on the dec. three night trip some time ago-- we decided that paying for airfare from NY, 2 nights in a hotel pre-cruise, & then not having very good airline connections on our return day was not worth it.. We are headed to Sandals in the Bahamas for a few days instead!

.Hope they work out all the kinks... it takes awhile. We really like S class ships, but maybe Reflection is not an improvement in the Class! Time will tell....

Hi,

Well 12/8 will be our 7th or 8th Celebrity Cruise. Obviously I have no complaints about the line.

We are going to be in one of the CC Cabins on ....are you ready...deck 12, and am not concerned at all.l

We have been under the Lido deck under the Cafe on other ships and never heard a thing.

We did one of the first Caribbean runs on the Eclipse out of Miami and had no problem at all.

I certainly will post about our location when we return, or perhaps while on board to see if the "noise factor" will be an issue.

Barbara

We are currently on board and having a wonderful cruise.

Speed seems to be the normal cruising speed. This is the first time we were ever given a credit for a missed port. We always seem to miss one because of rough weather, political conditions etc. glad to get the credit.

We dine in the Blu and have only found it crowded if we went right after 7 pm when the Elite happy hour is over. No crowds to speak of,even the Oceanview buffet always has room.

The Captain is great and communicates often about the weather, navigation etc. weather has been beautiful. There must be a few malcontents on board who missed the wonders of Tennerife, but sometimes you miss a port.

Karen and Jim

Kind of glad we cancelled our booking on the dec. three night trip some time ago-- we decided that paying for airfare from NY, 2 nights in a hotel pre-cruise, & then not having very good airline connections on our return day was not worth it.. We are headed to Sandals in the Bahamas for a few days instead!

.Hope they work out all the kinks... it takes awhile. We really like S class ships, but maybe Reflection is not an improvement in the Class! Time will tell....

I am looking at the flipside...you are glad you cancelled and I just

booked the 3 nighter:D then again, I am only flying 1 hour from

Jax to Miami;).....whatever kinks are there? I will be having a great

time for 3 nights:)....I decided to buy the Premium Drink package

so if I find a kink? I will drink my way through it...LOL:D

Woo hoo...know where you'll be Lois....Martini Bar, Molecular Bar, Sunset Bar, etc... You can do the "research" for us and report back on the best drinks ok. :)

Sure hope they have the Aspen coffees

Hi Sandi,:) As long as they have coffee, Baileys, Kahluah, and Frangelica

you can have one;)

Can you answer a ? for me? Do you know how long Capt. Pagonis is going to be on board before his vacation time? I would like to know if he is going to be Master on

April 20th.

I'm pretty sure that he will be leaving at the end of January for a well deserved rest.

If I have any complaints about the cruise (and I don't), they would be about some of my fellow cruisers..

Several nights ago there was one lady who got so upset about the slow service from a server in the sky lounge that she grabbed her key card from the tray (not a voucher guest) grabbed her drink and poured it over everyone else's drinks on the tray. :rolleyes:

Several nights ago there was one lady who got so upset about the slow service from a server in the sky lounge that she grabbed her key card from the tray (not a voucher guest) grabbed her drink and poured it over everyone else's drinks on the tray. :rolleyes:

Okay... that's just not acceptable on any level. I hope the rest of the passengers efficiently shun her until she has made a public apology and thereafter behaves herself.

I do not like the statement that the " customer is always right". Some people feel to "entitled" or tooooo elite!! That lady should have been put in a time out!

Or helped with her bags at the next stop.

That is astonishing. Somebody that is a grown adult actually acted like that?

Woof!

Archived