The Splendor and Misery of Celebrity: Eclipse and S-Class Ships Review in Pictures

cruisetrail

I am sure that the OP has an agenda as he is a true critic of Reflection in particular.

With regards to no nautical heritage onboard, the OP is incorrect.

and if one is knowledgeable about the Transatlantic liner era, one will agree that the interiours of all Celebrity vessels are much more similar to that era than the bland interiours of for example Princess.

Ships evolve, that is mostly a good thing. what Celebrity is doing is giving their vessels a contemporary look, without being too modern for the Very Classic American taste, and keeping nautical hints.

You stepped in it now, there will more to come from Cruisetrail to explain why you are so wrong.

We are being given a slide show presentation of the good, what is thought to be the bad and soon it will get ugly!

If Cruisetrail hasn't sailed the Refelection, who took the photographs he's been posting? Are they from Celebrity or another, possibly copywrighted, source?

I believe the photos are of Eclipse, not Reflection. The op would not be caught dead on Reflection.

I believe the photos are of Eclipse, not Reflection. The op would not be caught dead on Reflection.

Thanks, this thread has me quite confused:confused:-the comments below the fotos had me thinking they were of the much-maligned by Cruisetrail Reflection....

Thank you for comments!

Yes, it's "The Splendor and Misery..." (Honore De Balzac).

But a "mistery" could eventually be something to think about.:)

We'll continue with the review.

Thanks for clearing that up. Does that mean there will be some misery, I hope not.:D

I have been on the Eclipse twice and really thought Norwegian artist Guri Dahl's work was so beautiful decorating the stateroom corridors. You seemed to criticise this by saying unfortunately there was nothing nautical about the decoration. Why should they be, these days? If you want that type of thing, go to Cunard! By the way, you are a very good photographer, interesting angles.

I think the "misery" is having to get off of her!:( We are sailing on her on Jan 12th in cabin 1243 which I believe is on the hump!

I like the term 'hump'. Hump cabins are obviously very sought after, yet if you asked someone who didn't know what it means if they wanted a 'hump cabin', they would most likely say no or is that a bad thing.:D

I notice the urinals have dividers for 'privacy.' This seems to be the norm on the American ships and in the USA. In Australia, mens urinals don't always have dividers, one in, all in, if you know what I mean. LOL.

Just a bit of trivia.

Shame he didn't get a photo of the stalls in the ladies room. I have a vivid memory of each Eclipse ladies room stall being larger than my first apartment. I thought, Geez, I could close the door, do a full Margarita-fueled face plant and still not hit my head on the toilet. This ship rocks!

Shame he didn't get a photo of the stalls in the ladies room. I have a vivid memory of each Eclipse ladies room stall being larger than my first apartment. I thought, Geez, I could close the door, do a full Margarita-fueled face plant and still not hit my head on the toilet. This ship rocks!

ROTFLMAO!! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived