Which way do you like the bed to face on a cruise?

ijkh

Which way to you like sleep? (head of the bed) to be facing?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which way to you like sleep? (head of the bed) to be facing?

• forward my head towards the bow of ship so
    • back my head towards the stern of the ship
    • it doesn't matter which way so long as I am cruising

I marked your third choice, and am now thinking how my cabins have been set up, over all I like my feet towards the stern, head towards the bow.And I just realized that when I am on starboard my feet have been facing bow, port side, my feet are facing stern.

Edited by marshhawk

Personally as long as my bed is comfortable I could care less the direction it's facing...Once my drapes are closed it doesn't matter ;)

Ditto! I never sleep so well as I do at sea. :p. I've even looked at the Royal Caribbean bending collection when we were last talking about a new mattress. But unfortunately though it is affordable, it doesn't come with a room steward to make it up and turn it down every day. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

In all our cruises except the last our bed faced either bow to stern or stern to bow. However, our last cruise we had an IS and our bed was port to starboard. I must admit I liked that the best. The rocking was more natural to me.:o

My preference is head board towards stern so that when I sit in bed, I'm looking where we're going, not were we've been. Like sitting on a train, don't like going backwards.

Of course it doesn't matter with an inside cabin but I'm spoiled and always book a balcony.

If my headboard is on the bow side, I'm forced to spend more time on the balcony. :D

I do wish there was a way when looking at deck plans, you could determine which way the bed faces.

Don

Edited by Dcoy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Head of bed toward bow?

For me it is more a matter of how the cabin is set up. Inside and Ocean view- the head is normally away from the door. Floor space in the cabin (beds apart if traveling solo) is more important than the direction.

For all other cabins - it is mostly a matter of .... can you get around the bed to the balcony!

In anycase - any day on a ship is better than a day home cleaning.....

-Holly

• 3 months later...