Strange letter from Bank of America

I have the Royal Visa card through B of A. I had an odd letter in the mail that offered 5% cash back, up to 25 bucks, for certain purchases. (gas, food, etc.) It just strikes me as a odd promotion for a card that offers points, not cash back, for cruises.

Anyway, since I hadn't seen anyone else mention it, I just wondered if I was alone...there's a part of me who thinks this is a glitch of some sort.

I have the Royal Visa card through B of A. I had an odd letter in the mail that offered 5% cash back, up to 25 bucks, for certain purchases. (gas, food, etc.) It just strikes me as a odd promotion for a card that offers points, not cash back, for cruises.

Anyway, since I hadn't seen anyone else mention it, I just wondered if I was alone...there's a part of me who thinks this is a glitch of some sort.

No glitch, we got that too.

Sometimes we get letters, and sometimes we get the offer when we log off from our online banking session. We've gotten three or four of these in the last year.:)

how do you register, i know on boa website you can get those "cash deals" that you click on like redbox, starbucks, etc. is this it or something different. I might have gotten it but sometimes, I just throw mail away:eek:

how do you register, i know on boa website you can get those "cash deals" that you click on like redbox, starbucks, etc. is this it or something different. I might have gotten it but sometimes, I just throw mail away:eek:

If you get the email version, there is a "register" button. Just click on that. If you get the mail version, there's a web address and a confirmation number, so you have to go online and key in the number. If you get the online version that comes when you log off a banking session, just click the register button.

My favorite, however, is if you know anyone anywhere on the planet that has received the offer, have them send you the link, and when it comes up there's a place to indicate that you if don't have a confirmation number, you can put in the last four digits of your CC number, and it will register you anyway.:D

This link will get you to the current offer (if there is one active).

https://easyrewards.bankofamerica.com/

when it opens, click on the blue "don't have one"

and then click Enroll now

Yep.

We got it.

I don't use that card for anything other than R.C.C.L. cruises and, the cruise points.

Which made me wonder if the $25.00 credit was in addition to the cruise points? :confused:

Every month they have some cash back stores you can sign up for. I have done it for Starbucks and gotten cash back. I think last month we got 2.30 or something like that back. Not very many of them that I use, so don't get much, but if I see something I know we will use, I sign up for it.

Yep.

We got it.

I don't use that card for anything other than R.C.C.L. cruises and, the cruise points.

Which made me wonder if the $25.00 credit was in addition to the cruise points? :confused:

It actually has a marginally negative effect, since it shows up as a credit and that reduces your outstanding CC balance. (So you could lose a whopping 25 cruise points)

Get these periodically (mail and email) - it is after all a full service bank and will use every means possible to make money. Just keep giving me points and double when I use it for RCI stuff.

It actually has a marginally negative effect, since it shows up as a credit and that reduces your outstanding CC balance. (So you could lose a whopping 25 cruise points)

Follow the conditions ($500 worth of purchases, I believe, in the specified categories within the three month period) and they credit you $25 real dollars. Now subtract the 25 RC points you lose (a quarter) and the net gain is still $24.75.

I think BOA does these types of offers once a quarter or so.

all promotions sell cards. cards make money.

Since we are talking about BofA, what is the latest I can use my points for OBC. I sail 3 weeks from today and haven't signed up yet, is it too late? My points start to expire in October, so, I want to make sure I use them. If it is too late for this cruise, can I sign up now to use them on my cruise in December or will that not work, either? :):confused:

Since we are talking about BofA, what is the latest I can use my points for OBC. I sail 3 weeks from today and haven't signed up yet, is it too late? My points start to expire in October, so, I want to make sure I use them. If it is too late for this cruise, can I sign up now to use them on my cruise in December or will that not work, either? :):confused:

You should be able to use your points for OBC on the cruise in 3 weeks. Just go to this website and enter your redemption info:

https://www.managerewardsonline.com/RMSapp/Ctl/entry?pid=grprwd&mc=RCCL

Archived