Unpublished Platinum Benefits?

likestorelax

Every evening aboard the Princess ships, there is a cocktail hour for those who are Platinum, Elite and suite passengers. You will be given, in your stateroom, a card telling you what the drink of the day will be and what appetizers they will be serving. The drink is sold at a reduced price, not free. Snacks are included. It is usually set up in Skywalkers, if the ship has one.

Every evening aboard the Princess ships, there is a cocktail hour for those who are Platinum, Elite and suite passengers. You will be given, in your stateroom, a card telling you what the drink of the day will be and what appetizers they will be serving. The drink is sold at a reduced price, not free. Snacks are included. It is usually set up in Skywalkers, if the ship has one.

I've heard this is not available on the Aussie Experience ships, specifically the Dawn Princess.

On our last 2 cruises, it's been in Club Fusion - right after afternoon trivia.

They can join but should pay full price for drinks... But if your mom is paying with her card...drinks are now $5, which is really a very small discount.

The featured drinks were all 3.99 earlier this month on the Crown. However, they did seem weaker than normal (except for the Rusty Nail :D)

no happy hour on the aussie ships, have to have your own around the pool area

Well, even when the Sea Princess was based in North America, they skipped the Platinum/Elite lounge.. apparently they didn't have a suitable venue (at least that's what we were told...). :)

Here's my "invitation" from last year. You may or may not get one. I think I get one maybe 50% of the time. Just ask your steward.

[ATTACH]287148[/ATTACH]

Or ask the Captain's Circle rep. She might as well do something to earn her pay.

Oh, and even though there's free food everywhere on the ship, the Stilton in Port, steak tartare, and goat cheese, when offered, are worth a special trip. Shame the booze discount has just about vanished.

Here's my "invitation" from last year. You may or may not get one. I think I get one maybe 50% of the time. Just ask your steward.

We always get the invitation. One thing they don't say is that there is more food than just the item listed for each night. It might say "guacamole and chips", but there could also be salsa, cheese, crackers, olives, etc. Even if we don't like the listed item, we will usually find something available that we like. We go often because this is a nice way to relax before dinner and is a great place to experience sailaway from ports. :)

I am Platinum and I didn't get a discount with my travel agent...to rub salt into the wound, if I had booked today..a week later I would have got an onboard spend....not a happy bunny...:eek::eek::eek:

Where are you getting the idea that Platinum gets you a discount from your TA?

I am Platinum and I didn't get a discount with my travel agent...to rub salt into the wound, if I had booked today..a week later I would have got an onboard spend....not a happy bunny...:eek::eek::eek:
I notice you are from the UK. USA past passengers (everyone past the first cruise) get a reduced rate from list prices when they log on to Princess.com.

My TA then discounts from that price, but that has nothing to do with my Captain's Circle status. If there is a low price special she doesn't have the leeway to provide OBC and still make a profit from the booking.

Have you talked with your TA about taking advantage of the later offer?

I notice you are from the UK. USA past passengers (everyone past the first cruise) get a reduced rate from list prices when they log on to Princess.com.

My TA then discounts from that price, but that has nothing to do with my Captain's Circle status. If there is a low price special she doesn't have the leeway to provide OBC and still make a profit from the booking.

Not for all cruises. I believe it is only cruises that have standby offers that get past paxs discounted pricing and these are typically offered after the final payment date to sell out poor selling cruises.;)

Not necessarily, there is a Surrey in British Columbia as well.

Theo

Archived