Brunch Buffet....no longer?

Oceanview77

Hi! I just read in a review that there was no grand brunch in MDR on one of the last sea days on the Reflection as in the past. I was just wondering if others experienced that and if they are getting rid of it altogether? We always enjoy that brunch, so hopefully this is something that is still happening.

Thanks!

There was a brunch buffet on our sailing in Oct. Don't recall if it was on the last sea day, but it was held. However not highly published, if another passenger hadn't mentioned it we would have probably missed it.

I don't understand why it is not publicized. I missed it on one of my cruises. On my recent cruise in November, I almost missed it as it is only listed where it tells you the times of the restaurants in the daily paper. Said that the MDR was closed for breakfast that day for setup for grand brunch.

Gail

Though I did not attend, it was offered on our Eclipse sailing a few weeks ago. Perhaps Celebrity is only offering it on the longer sailings ? Just a guess.

There was no brunch on our 7 day Reflection Nov 30-Dec 7.

We were all expecting it but alas, no.

:confused:

[EDIT: I just read another review elsewhere that said there was one on 3rd day on our cruise....Still not sure how I missed it. Many of us in the group were talking the last day about why there was no brunch. Must have been held on a port day.]

Edited by cle-guy

Possibly adjusted due holidays? One Christmas cruise the special holiday MDR dinner was Christmas Eve, followed by an even bigger special Brunch for Christmas Day, which was a shortened port day. Some sailings our waiters have reminded us that the next day was the "not to be missed" brunch, but read the Daily carefully, often listed with the Hours of Operation for each dining venue.

We had it last month on the Infinity TA but, as others have said, it's not well publicized. Had our server not mentioned it at dinner the night before, we probably would have missed it. The only place it's noted in the Daily is on the back page, under the venue open hours, where it shows the MDR open earlier than usual; that many days into a cruise, most folks no longer feel the need to check that list. Very weird that Celebrity has this big deal brunch, but doesn't publicize it.

We had it last month on the Infinity TA but, as others have said, it's not well publicized. Had our server not mentioned it at dinner the night before, we probably would have missed it. The only place it's noted in the Daily is on the back page, under the venue open hours, where it shows the MDR open earlier than usual; that many days into a cruise, most folks no longer feel the need to check that list. Very weird that Celebrity has this big deal brunch, but doesn't publicize it.

Yes, on the reflection TA , it was buried on the back page, and the worthless CD didn't announce it. So we missed it. Understand that it was very good.

Yes, on the reflection TA , it was buried on the back page, and the worthless CD didn't announce it. So we missed it. Understand that it was very good.

Geeez, unless someone took all meals in the buffet, it would be hard not to know about the brunch. Our "worthless CD" did mention the brunch. He/she did not address the passengers on the intercom as on some other lines. Did you go to the shows in the theatre to see the CD introduce the talent? Our ship, the Eclipse on the Nov. 16th sailing, had lines out the door from the time it opened until after the scheduled closing.The staff would admit guests as tables vacated and were cleaned. Everything that is available to all passengers is in the dailies. If you don't take five minutes to read it "dailies" you lose. Bob