Pet Peeve with Princess

oskidunker

when you book a cruise and then go into the personalizer, it does not show the actual date for each port but rather starts with day 1 and goes on. you have to count in order to figure out the actual date in a specific port. I though I had found a place once that listed actual date but don't know where that was.

This is especially important if you are booking private tours.

Thanks

Alternatively, you can use the "Search Cruises" tab under "Plan a Cruise" on the website and once you navigate to the itinerary of your sailing, it will remember the last five cruises you've looked at and they will come up just by going to the "Search Cruises" page. I find that faster than going into the personalizer.

I make a spread sheet using Cruisett. I pull up by ship and copy all my dates and then put them in excell. It's easy. The I add day of the week. The advantage of using cruisett is that it lists other ships in port with you and gives the port load. If you hover over the links for the other ships in port, it will give arrival and departure time. The big drawback is that it doesn't list day by day so you may have to insert rows to add more than 1 sea day. Watch the "at sea" from and to dates and time. 20 minutes more work, but very handy information. I add the arrival/departure time of the other ships as well. Which reminds me, I have a few more cruises to make spread sheets for.

when you book a cruise and then go into the personalizer, it does not show the actual date for each port but rather starts with day 1 and goes on. you have to count in order to figure out the actual date in a specific port. I though I had found a place once that listed actual date but don't know where that was.

Thanks

First, the confirmation you should have received from Princess (even if booking via a TA) gives you full itinerary information.

Then the travel summary that Princess provides you via the web site gives the specific dates and times for each port. No counting or anything. Also if you are booking excursions through Princess then you will have the information you need.

Remember when booking private tours that the first time for each port is the arrival time, not necessarily the time that the ship will be cleared to disembark passengers.

I will typically take the information and create a spreadsheet for myself giving what our plans are for each day.

Edited by Times Prince
added more information

I make a spread sheet using Cruisett. I pull up by ship and copy all my dates and then put them in excell. It's easy. The I add day of the week. The advantage of using cruisett is that it lists other ships in port with you and gives the port load. If you hover over the links for the other ships in port, it will give arrival and departure time. The big drawback is that it doesn't list day by day so you may have to insert rows to add more than 1 sea day. Watch the "at sea" from and to dates and time. 20 minutes more work, but very handy information. I add the arrival/departure time of the other ships as well. Which reminds me, I have a few more cruises to make spread sheets for.

I don't completely trust this site as they had mistakes for the other ship doing the same itinerary as us a couple of cruises ago. For this kind of info, I'll check each port's website as many will have a cruise ship calendar.

BTW, I also put the info for each day on an info sheet that I pass out to our emergency contacts. So add another person to the ticker.

I don't know what you're seeing but when I go into my Personalizer > Itinerary, mine shows the date, the day of the week, etc. I don't know how much more information could be there. In the interest of visibility, I captured just the left-hand side.

ImageUploadedByForums1386981239.859681.jpg.5d649dd1e00359cd233f9d8eddcc190b.jpg

I also include average hi and low temperature for each port, notes on plans for each day. When we board, I add the formal nights.

I think I will just travel with Paul. Sounds a lot easier. :)

I build a spreadsheet for every cruise. It includes date, day of week, port, arrival time and departure time.

I do the same in Word and include time zone, currency, temperature range, probability of precipitation, excursion times, DW's spa appointments, and whether it's a tender port or formal night. For me, it's half the fun of the cruise:)

Edited by Nomsayin

I do the same in Word and include time zone, currency, temperature range, probability of precipitation, excursion times, DW's spa appointments, and whether it's a tender port or formal night. For me, it's half the fun of the cruise:)

OMG, My DH gives me a bad time for creating lists, etc. I would love to know how to create a more valuable tool. Is anyone willing to do a 'cut & paste' and provide an example? I am not a computer pro but think I could learn. Thanks!

Edited by D'Shadow

OMG' date=' My DH gives me a bad time for creating lists, etc. I would love to know how to create a more valuable tool. Is anyone willing to do a 'cut & paste' and provide an example? I am not a computer pro but think I could learn. Thanks![/quote']Guess I'm less organized. I print a copy of my itinerary from the Personalizer and make notes next to each date what tour with meeting time, organizer and cost, roll call activity, etc. with times and places. I then tack it to the cabin wall for reference. I also make notes on the calendar on my iPhone.

For each cruise, I put together a "report" binder with copies of my booking summary, air itineraries, hotel reservations, private tour descriptions, stockholder OBC request documentation, and anything else related to the cruise. Before leaving home, I put private tour money in separate envelopes that I put in the safe when I board.

Guess I'm less organized. I print a copy of my itinerary from the Personalizer and make notes next to each date what tour with meeting time, organizer and cost, roll call activity, etc. with times and places. I then tack it to the cabin wall for reference. I also make notes on the calendar on my iPhone.

For each cruise, I put together a "report" binder with copies of my booking summary, air itineraries, hotel reservations, private tour descriptions, stockholder OBC request documentation, and anything else related to the cruise. Before leaving home, I put private tour money in separate envelopes that I put in the safe when I board.

Pam - I'm with you on this one - I have my binder stored in date order with exactly what you have described ! At least I can show DH your post to show I'm not the only one

Thanks

You have to count........... A very painful task in the 21st century - especially when you are on a cruise longer than 20 days. Then you run out of fingers and toes.