LIVE from the RUBY PRINCESS - DEC. 22ND - DEC. 26TH. Cr

Pia1913

David bought me a watch that I have been wanting. Love it!!!! First ever birthday at sea and I love that too!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Happy birthday Marcia and Merry Christmas. How thoughtful of David to get you something you wanted! He must read your thoughts. :)

Merry Christmas to Pia and Mike too. Looks like you are on a winning streak Pia.

Merry Christmas Pia, Mike, Marcia, & Dave. I rarely post on your live threads but read them all the time. Hope our paths will cross on a ship sometime!!

Marcia

(spyro1952)

PS: I really can't believe the FCC person on the Ruby. Must be the worst!!

WINE: To the B2B ers………….. They will take away the extras and hold them for the next cruise. This is verbatim from the Hotel Manager.[/size][/font]

Grazie for the info & will see next month if it's the same thing on the Sapphire. Too often each ship sets their own procedure with some being allowed to bring on all bottles for multiple cruises by showing boarding passes & some being charged for more than 2 per couple.

There's no snow in sunny Southern California today with temperatures pushing the 80° mark.

Buon Natale!

Another comment about the FCC rep. No Treesah, she is not new. She even remarked to me that she knew who I was. Just incompetence. I know I have a photo with her and the captain from one of the CC parties.

Hobo, sounds like we had the same person. I am deliberately not mentioning names.

Time for wine tasting. :D

3. FCC’s : Major problem here with the consultant. My initial submission for 6 within one hour of boarding did not get a response. On Monday I left a note in the box; office hardly ever open. No response. Yesterday again. Nothing. This morning I went in there and really got angry. She said I would get email within a week. Not acceptable I replied. Too many people have had problems, which they have told us about on CC. She got angry that I was angry, and I told her she wouldn’t be seeing me at all if she had processed my requests. She said she has an assistant who does the processing. Evidently not. What the H does she do? I just sat there until she gave me my copies. Took all of 6 minutes. And BTW, nobody ever came near the office to see her. I am writing this to advise future Ruby passengers not to expect service from this particular consultant. Then again, I told her to read Cruise Critic since she would be one of the subjects. :mad:

She sounds like one we had on a prior cruise. Was really b..chy and I couldn't believe how she talked to passengers. I refused to see her and just submitted my request on paper, got our FCC's after several days.

Happy Birthday, Marcia, hope to cruise with you again one day. Nice job, David!

Angelika and Herman

Another comment about the FCC rep. No Treesah, she is not new. She even remarked to me that she knew who I was. Just incompetence. I know I have a photo with her and the captain from one of the CC parties.

Hobo, sounds like we had the same person. I am deliberately not mentioning names.

Time for wine tasting. :D

Frustrating! I have had more issues with the FCC reps then good experiences! Argggggh. :mad:

Thats why we just use the drop box, the less personal contact the better. :rolleyes:

They complain far more then they work IMO.

Thats why we just use the drop box, the less personal contact the better. :rolleyes:

I have never spoken to one.

We always just drop the forms in the box and they are usually in our cabin mailbox the next day.:confused:

I plan to buy four more when we are on the Ruby next month so this is not encouraging.

Mike:)

Astro Flyer,

No problem on the Sapphire. Pippa is the best. I put my request in for FCC and saw it in my cruise personalizer a few hours later. Next day got the paper confirmation in my mailbox.

That's encouraging because we need to replenish our FCCs inventory. Once we lost $300 of OBC by not having a FCC to use & we won't repeat that expensive mistake again. We're primarily waiting for short notice deals & many times it's more cost-effective to book as a b2b so we want to have enough FCCs in our Captain's Circle accounts. :D

Pia,

We were on the Ruby TA that ended on 12/14. On 12/11 I put a FCC request in the "box". On 12/17 I called Princess since we had not received an email confirmation nor was our credit card charged and they said there was a backlog on FCC's on the Ruby. Finally on 12/22 we got the email and they charged our CC. On every other FCC submission we have done the email was sent within a day or two...I agree this was the worst service.

The FCC person currently on the Ruby is the WORST we've ever encountered. We were on the 12/14-18 sailing. I put my FCC's in the box on morning of 16th. On afternoon of 17th, we tried to get in to see her to make rez for the 1/9 sailing. The line was ridiculous, so we went on the computer in the FCC area and made the rez ourselves. When we got home, still no FCC confirmation email or charge to credit card or anything showing on Cruise Personalizer. Called Princess and they said they'd extend my rez until the 20th so FCC's could post. On 20th, still not posted so I called again. At first, they said I couldn't use the FCC's for the 1/9 cruise because the rez was made before the FCC's were posted. I was not going to accept that response! I was transferred to Customer Relations and they took care of it. But really? 5 days for the FCC's to post?

They need to replace her and/or get a second person on board. Who wants to spend more than 2 hours of a 4 day cruise waiting in line for a 5-minute conversation?

I supposedly bought two thru the drop box but only got one :( on the Ruby in sept. Watching this for next month before I leave the ship!

If that happens, contact Princess HQ and they can fix the problem.

You may want to take a picture of the form you fill out to use with HQ if necessary.

If that happens, contact Princess HQ and they can fix the problem.

You may want to take a picture of the form you fill out to use with HQ if necessary.

Great idea Bill. Thanks. I will do just that next month when I'm on the Ruby.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

I was aboard the Golden at the end of October. This cruise was one of the first with the 100% cruise fare back FCC. I dropped my form in the box the second afternoon of the cruise. I was seeing no evidence that my request had been worked so the next to last night I went to the Future Cruise sales person, a male, I did not get his name, to inquire. He was completely overwhelmed with peoples questions about the 100% FCC there was no time for him to do his normal routine. I was witness to it, I saw his line and was told the back up of people to book a cruise was for the next morning. I called Princes when I returned home. They were aware that the normal Future Cruise Deposits had not been worked and told me that it should be cleared in about a week. Sure enough about a week later the Future Cruise Deposit appeared in my account. The Future cruises consultant did not get angry at me for asking, he seemed stressed, yes, but did not display inappropriate behavior as Pia had experienced. Perhaps this is just not the right job for the future consultant aboard the Ruby.