Updated website!

I was checking out the new pre-cruise planner area (specifically shore excursions) this morning and personally find it very annoying. For example, you can't see the time for the excursion unless you add it to your cart and attempt a dummy booking. Also they group the excursions by type and you can get the same excursion in multiple areas. I much prefer the old version.

Doesnt actually "work" yet it seems. Tried to pay for a couple specialty dining reservations and get an error when trying to process credit card. Also trying to book a few excursions you have no options to select from to actually buy it.

I was trying to purchase something, and I kept getting an error message when I tried to pay. I called, and the person I got seemed "confused":rolleyes: so I decided to just try again later.

Edited by Cindy

It's really pathetic how badly the keep messing up their own sight. I'm LOGGED into my reservation, trying to book a drink package. After selecting the passenger (me!), I have to enter ALL my information again, and then re enter the cc info including my NAME and address. A drop down menu for my COUNTRY (even though RCI has country specific sites), with "United States" listed alphabetically, so you have to scroll down.

Way too many clicks and blanks. Just stupid....

I first noticed it earlier today while checking something for a cruise this week. I am booked on the Quantum Maiden voyage and the roll-out was done system wide, but is due to the fact that Quantum opens on Thursday for the booking of the new Dynamic Dining.

I was looking at a snorkeling excursion in St. Thomas and the restrictions were that you must weigh less than 500 pounds, and should not be older than 100 years old! Talk about covering all your bases! Cause I bet they get a lot of 101 year old 525 pound people looking to book!

Right now it's slow but hopefully it will get better. I was trying to view all our reservations for shows and the beverage package for my husband that I purchased awhile ago, and I had a hard time finding it. I did see that the select package price has increased from $40 to $45 a day.....

Very frustrating...I tried again to make the reservation I wanted, and the system told me there's a conflict and I'm already booked. Sigh...I called RCI again, and I just had a rude and condescending lady tell me there's nothing wrong with their system, it must be my credit cards that are bad!:mad:

Now I'm on the phone with C&A...they're not always 100% accurate, but at least they're always pleasant!:)

Why can a corporation the size of RCCL not get their IT act together?

Edit -- The nice person at C&A wiped out the problem, booked the activity I wanted, charged me, and sent me a confirmation all in the span of about 3 minutes. Why couldn't the other person have done that instead of making rude accusations about my credit worthiness?

Edited by Cindy

Was wondering if while on-board I can get the RCI website (for Free) on my tablet or Smartphone via wifi then use the "My Calendar" page while on a cruise.

I've been able to get the cruise booking portion of the website for free on my laptop. Have not tried the calendar portion.

I've been able to get the cruise booking portion of the website for free on my laptop. Have not tried the calendar portion.

Thanks. Never even thought that you could access that part from your own device. I always headed down and used the RCI computers to check prices.

I've purchased a beverage package, specialty restaurants, an excursion and a MTD reservation...... their 'show all' printable page now doesn't show it all.... just as well I have screen shots from the previous system.....

Linda

Right now it's slow but hopefully it will get better. I was trying to view all our reservations for shows and the beverage package for my husband that I purchased awhile ago, and I had a hard time finding it. I did see that the select package price has increased from $40 to $45 a day.....

I can only look at the European prices. The prices in euro did not change. To me it looks like the tip is already included in the 45$ ?

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Forums

I've purchased a beverage package, specialty restaurants, an excursion and a MTD reservation...... their 'show all' printable page now doesn't show it all.... just as well I have screen shots from the previous system.....

Linda

Hi Linda,

All guest purchases are available to view on our website under the pre-cruise planner tab. If you are having trouble viewing your purchases, please contact our Pre-Cruise Planner Department at (800) 398-9819 and they will be able to provide you with an email confirmation.

Hi Linda,

All guest purchases are available to view on our website under the pre-cruise planner tab. If you are having trouble viewing your purchases, please contact our Pre-Cruise Planner Department at (800) 398-9819 and they will be able to provide you with an email confirmation.

I'm delighted to hear from you in person!!!

I just checked the updated site again and my beverage package still doesn't show there. I live in the UK so calling a US 800 isn't free..... I'm good with having copied the original order. I had tried to get that emailed out through the website to no avail.

Whilst you are here....

I have been in email / phone / twitter and FB conversations with 'you' and still haven't received a coherent response to the question of how your WA04 is organised..... is it train or bus from Warnemunde to Berlin? The description on the website calls it 'Berlin by train' but the description says 6 hours by bus in total. The email response I received just C&P from the website so the description was exactly as confusing! Looking at June 19th....

Have also asked where you drop off in Berlin so I can arrange to be met and have had no reply..... also there are no transfers advertised for pre-purchase from Stockholm to the airport for June 29th. I would be interested in an excursion / transfer to prepay in ££.... again sad to say no response to that query other than book it on board.... but if I want to be able to compare what you have and when, or book my own, it would be really helpful to know.

This is the Ultimate Russia and Scandinavia 11 night cruise. There are also no transfers showing from Copenhagen Airport to the Cruise Port on June 18. That doesn't affect me at all but it certainly will others who are flying in the day of.

The cruise planner list of excursions actually doesn't show anything at all for Berlin (day2) now. Or Visby day 5. And it's really difficult to choose excursions for a 3 day visit to SPB as the dates the excursions are offered don't show on that first page.....

Just saying..... ;)

Linda

Who will be blogging live as usual......

Edited by NorbertsNiece

There are A LOT of changes since last night . . . not all of them are good! :(

I can get onto the English pages but IF I try and log-on to my cruises it puts me onto a page in Spanish! I can read and understand Spanish but I prefer to be in English. :rolleyes: When ever I change the language back to English it takes me back to the home page. We have several friends here that don't speak Spanish and they are at a loss.

With the changes NONE of the discounts are showing up on the cruises we have booked when I do a "mock" reservation to see if prices have changes. Also it will not let me use any discounts or OBC that we are eligible to use on our cruises.

Will be emailing and calling RCI. (Nothing has changed here with our server nor on our computers here!) ¡NOT A HAPPY CAMPER! :mad: