BOGO sale with many restrictions

Just a reminder now that most of the discount s are tied into C&A which these sites cannot determine.

Actually....we called in 10 days AFTER we booked our cruise at the lowest rate to date (and during the BOGO sale), and THEN they applied our Balcony discount in addition (which further lowered the price).

I used an open booking form for Oasis Jan 2016 and I wanted to keep it with just the $100 deposit. The C/A rep told me that I should add the second person before the 31st otherwise i would pay prevailing rates for the second person. Instead of paying 1/2, I would pay full price. So I added the second person and payed the extra $100.:(

I used an open booking form for Oasis Jan 2016 and I wanted to keep it with just the $100 deposit. The C/A rep told me that I should add the second person before the 31st otherwise i would pay prevailing rates for the second person. Instead of paying 1/2, I would pay full price. So I added the second person and payed the extra $100.:(

Good move, better to lock in the price for an extra $100.

Thank you for posting this! I was just about to book our wedding party on a Liberty sailing for our wedding cruise. I am new to RCI and not yet fully familiar with their policies. I am positive there will be some changes after I make the initial booking, so after coming across this thread I will def wait until after the sale to book, even if it means paying more money.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our March 2015 JS on Oasis went down just under $1,000 because of sale :eek:

We booked a March 2016 JS on FOS for just over $2,000 (with balcony discount) :D

October 2015 and December 2015 solo's were right around $1,000 for insides, if those go down I will re-book ;)

In our situation... I would have saved $840 re-pricing one of our booked cruises, if I could have waited on hold to do so on May1. I watched the savings shrink over the course of the first day, the second day...and if I re-priced the cruise today, we would save about $44 per person.

I don't know what will happen. The cruise is a year away, but we aren't locked into any restrictions imposed by the sale. I'm just looking at it as a sale that we missed, and we will continue to watch prices and look forward to the cruise. :D:):D

I think that they are potentially trying to scare people into finalizing their plans early but doubt they will enforce these restrictions. Understandably, they should enforce changes of ship, sail date, and category changes, BUT I highly doubt they are going to change fares for minor changes like a passenger name or cabin change within the same category.

It is like when they implemented the new onboard booking policy earlier this year. They said that if the ship and sail date was changed, the OBC could be dropped to the OBC values of an open booking. I have changed the ship/sail date twice and the cabin category once since returning home and the "decide now" OBC is still attached and updated with the upgraded cabin category.

Time will tell, but I wouldn't be overly concerned if you think you may need to change something minor like a name or cabin number.

I hope this doesn't include Balcony discounts. We jump to D+ on our NYE 2014 cruise, and we have five BOGO cruises booked in 2015. I would be royally pi##ed if upping the balcony discount by $25 re-priced all of those cruises.:eek:

Sad fact is that with the implementation of the new reservation system several months ago, that is the new policy. We became Diamond before last cruise and had several future cruises booked. Called to have the increased discount applied and was stunned when the cruises were repriced at current rates. Spoke to several reps, and it seems that the computer automatically reprices when a new discount is applied.

C&A level discounts used to be applied manually and appeared as a separate line item on the payments page of your reservation. Now the discount is used to reduce the first passengers fare by the computer. The rep cannot override this. I had to take it up to Resolutions to have the original fare reinstated as an exception. This all took at least 6 hours on the phone with multiple agents and supervisors.

I received an email from RCI saying only one more day for the sale. I think people are assuming the sale goes through May 31st but it actually ends on May 30th.

Unless I'm reading it wrong, I think the Wow sale ends tomorrow and the BOGHO sale ends the day after.

Just booked a cruise for 2016 under this sale this morning. I asked the rep who was helping me about changing cabins later on and if it was allowed within the same category and she told me that you could change rooms later as long as you didn't change categories and not lose your sale price.

So there you have it! Depends on who you ask.

Does this change in policy only effect bookings that were made during the BOGOHO sale???? I have one booked that I didn't book during the sale.... But I have a cruise discount certificate I wanted to add to it when the sail date got closer. Sure don't want my cruise repriced (up) because of that. Anyone know? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Dixieva-You are right. I think a lot of people will get conflicting answers regarding the restrictions on the BOGO sale. First I hear you cannot do a name change-then I am told I can-then I am told no cabin changes even in same category and now you are saying the rep says you can. Don't know what the right answer is but we will all find out after May 31st and throughout the year when people start wanting to make these changes.

Does this change in policy only effect bookings that were made during the BOGOHO sale???? I have one booked that I didn't book during the sale.... But I have a cruise discount certificate I wanted to add to it when the sail date got closer. Sure don't want my cruise repriced (up) because of that. Anyone know? Thanks in advance.

I'd call and ask to be sure. They seem to want to re-price cruises for many reasons now.

I'd call and ask to be sure. They seem to want to re-price cruises for many reasons now.

Thanks. I think I will. This 25% off discount won't be worth much, if they reprice my cruise to a higher amount! Yikes!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just booked a cruise for 2016 under this sale this morning. I asked the rep who was helping me about changing cabins later on and if it was allowed within the same category and she told me that you could change rooms later as long as you didn't change categories and not lose your sale price.

So there you have it! Depends on who you ask.

That's for sure. That makes sense though, that you should be able to change a cabin within the same category.

I can understand it being re-priced if you want to change categories, but not just a simple cabin change.

Sad fact is that with the implementation of the new reservation system several months ago, that is the new policy. We became Diamond before last cruise and had several future cruises booked. Called to have the increased discount applied and was stunned when the cruises were repriced at current rates. Spoke to several reps, and it seems that the computer automatically reprices when a new discount is applied.

C&A level discounts used to be applied manually and appeared as a separate line item on the payments page of your reservation. Now the discount is used to reduce the first passengers fare by the computer. The rep cannot override this. I had to take it up to Resolutions to have the original fare reinstated as an exception. This all took at least 6 hours on the phone with multiple agents and supervisors.

Oh well...I guess I'll pass on the additional $125 in balcony discounts and keep the $2800 in price reductions instead:)

Oh well...I guess I'll pass on the additional $125 in balcony discounts and keep the $2800 in price reductions instead:)

I would call and ask. Although I was told this is the policy (after the fact, not before I had the discount applied), you may be told otherwise. But verify before you ask them to apply the discount. Also check your revised invoice to make sure that the cruise fare did not change.(this is where I was hit with the surprise- price increased $700 on 1 cruise, which was not on sale btw, with an increase of $25 discount).

I would call and ask. Although I was told this is the policy (after the fact, not before I had the discount applied), you may be told otherwise. But verify before you ask them to apply the discount. Also check your revised invoice to make sure that the cruise fare did not change.(this is where I was hit with the surprise- price increased $700 on 1 cruise, which was not on sale btw, with an increase of $25 discount).

to paraphrase an old adage, when wearing a kilt, step lightly over a sleeping dog. :D

I think this one is better left alone:)

Curious is the BOGO a different sale then the BOGOHO? If so I would love to see the wording. Through our TA Royal let him switch the booking to the BOGOHO rate with a TBD as a guest name on one of our cabins. I know in the wording I read at the time it did say you could not move the sailing to another date and not all categories were given the BOGOHO rate so I could see how changing categories or sale date could change your rate but not name or within the same category.

Am I missing something here that I should know or I am looking at a different sale and new policy from Royal?

BonVoyage

Dawna

Curious is the BOGO a different sale then the BOGOHO? If so I would love to see the wording. Through our TA Royal let him switch the booking to the BOGOHO rate with a TBD as a guest name on one of our cabins. I know in the wording I read at the time it did say you could not move the sailing to another date and not all categories were given the BOGOHO rate so I could see how changing categories or sale date could change your rate but not name or within the same category.

Am I missing something here that I should know or I am looking at a different sale and new policy from Royal?

BonVoyage

Dawna

As far as I can tell, when people say BOGO or BOGOHO, they are talking about the same sale.