Water-Tastes good? or Avoid at all costs?

triciasrv

In an attempt to find better health, I have given up soda and other sugary, delicious drinks. I do not drink coffee AT ALL. Does the water on the ships taste good? Or should I bring on some Crystal Light type drops to get me through?

We are sailing on the Legend on July 20, so anyone that has recently sailed that ship, I would love to hear from you.

Thank you!!!!

In an attempt to find better health, I have given up soda and other sugary, delicious drinks. I do not drink coffee AT ALL. Does the water on the ships taste good? Or should I bring on some Crystal Light type drops to get me through?

We are sailing on the Legend on July 20, so anyone that has recently sailed that ship, I would love to hear from you.

Thank you!!!!

We love the water on the ships. That's all we drink. Well, maybe not "all." ;)

In an attempt to find better health, I have given up soda and other sugary, delicious drinks.

Good on you! I made the same change a couple years back and it's made a world's difference in just how I feel every single day.

I do not drink coffee AT ALL.

Now you're just crazy talking.

Does the water on the ships taste good? Or should I bring on some Crystal Light type drops to get me through?

And now to actually answer your question... it's obviously very subjective. Personally I've never had a problem with the water on board. It's always been very clean, cold, and refreshing for me. Family members of mine, however, well it didn't suite their taste. I'd recommend packing the Crystal Light for a couple of reasons: 1) Even if you like the water like I do, there's a chance you'll just get bored of it and want something different that Carnival does not offer (though keep in mind they have various juices and teas available around the clock), and 2) it takes up such little space in your luggage, there is virtually NO drawback to bringing a handful of the single use packets.

We always bring a 12-pack of bottled water onboard with us but when that runs out then I drink the water onboard. I don't have a problem with the taste.

One thing to do if you plan on drinking the water onboard is to bring the single serve drink packets (i.e. lemonade, pink lemonade, limeade, grape, fruit punch).....I bring about 60 of these for a 7-day cruise. I would much rather drink this than pop

I drink the water onboard, and have no problem with the taste. I also bring or purchase bottled water either from the room, or when around the ship. When I'm not drinking water, I stick to the lemonade or ice tea, or mixture of the two, with a pack of Splenda to give it a little more sweetness.

The water tastes like water to me. I thought it was fine for drinking. Crystal Light or similar will work if you prefer those flavors.

P.S. Good for you giving up those sugary drinks! Your waistline will thank you, even if your taste buds don't.

We bring water. Some don't mind ship water, some do, to each their own. Same with Crystal light and sugar substitutes. Probably best to forgo those with the sugary drinks, but again, to each their own.

I agree that some people find the water onboard not to their taste. We've yet to be on a cruise ship that we didn't find the water good.

I'll just point out that most cruise lines process their onboard water (all water: ice, preparing food, from the tap in your room) the same as most bottled water (reverse osmosis and filtered).

We've never had a problem with the ship's water. It tastes okay to us. The only time we purchase bottled water is for shore excursions. Keep in mind, the ice used on board for drinks is made from the same water you'd drink. And I've often wondered, do people use bottled water or tap water when brushing their teeth?

Sometimes the water does have an off taste, some fresh lemon juice clears that up.

Water produced onboard is done by reverse osmosis. But water is taken on in many ports.

We always see the blue water hose hooked up to the ship in Long Beach.

The water you drink on the ship is what is in your food, the ice is made from it, and all of the beverages made with water......might as well drink it! It's fine... but you do need ice, since the tap water will never "run cold".

Good on you for the healthy changes, bet it feels good too, eh?

I wouldn't drink the water on a ship or a plane or many resorts, unless it's in a bottle. And that's the only time I drink bottled water. So rather than lug water around, I travel light and pre-order either a 24 case of 12oz bottles or an 8 pack of one liters for my room. Doesn't cost much, I can afford the tax on it, jeez, it's just an extra buck or so, and it's there as I enter my room usually around noon on embarkation day.

We only drink water in the MDR and there is no taste to it. Very cold on ice. Last cruise I ordered bottles from Bon voyage, but next trip I think I will bring a refillable bottle, but buy some to take off ship. The only time I didn't care for the taste was lido deck on the Dream just had an icky taste to me, no matter how cold I got it. I found that odd since the MDR was fine.

Good job on giving up soda/sugary drinks. I gave up anything diet a few years ago because of the symptoms from aspartame. On the rare occasion I want a soda I get a sugary one. But 99% of the time I only drink water.

Edited by kona_wahine

It tastes fine, personally, I feel as if it makes me swell more than regular bottled water due to the salt content.

This!

I don't drink the bathroom water, but I drink the water in the MDR and on lido like crazy and I just swell right up. It goes away quickly once back home.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app