Freedom of Seas "suites come first?????"

Excellent!!!!!:):)

Actually, our favorite cruisers are the first time cruisers because they bring awe and wonderment to cruising and remind us why we continue to cruise.

First time cruisers really are fun aren't they? A couple of years ago, we were sitting in the Library on Oasis on day one looking down at the Royal Promenade. This group of ladies come up beside us and start looking down at all the stores and activity. One lady says to another "Isn't it nice that they have a shopping mall attached to the ship so people can have something to do before we leave!" I guess they boarded and then took the elevators directly to their cabin floor, not realizing the the cabins were not ready yet. I gently explained to them that this was indeed the inside of the ship! They were gob smacked! Seriously. They were delighted and thrilled! It was a lovely way to start off our cruise! Oh to be innocent and thank full for all the exciting sights again! :)

Suite Guests get priority when it comes to the assistance of the Concierge.

We just returned from a 9 night cruise on Explorer and I can tell you that Denzil Fernandes the Concierge was absolutely the best and treated everyone in his lounge equally.

We were on the explorer in Sepember and we agree that Denzil was terrific. I guess we have been lucky and have had great concierges. We will be on the Serenade in November, but I am not sure who the concierge will be??

I have wondered how a concierge will possibly be able to handle the job on the the ships that will have the new Dynamic Dining and the constant changing of dinner reservations. Maybe these changes are an effort with increase demands that will be placed in them?? Just a thought.

Edited by LindaMarie513

Do the concierges alternate, one week Concierge, one week Diamond?

No they do not. Most times when the CL Concierge goes on holiday the Diamond Club Concierge fills in. Then another Guest Services person fills in at the Diamond Club. There are many variations to this based on availability of a qualified alternate.

Edited by Scotty G
clarify

Having only had access to the CL once, I just don't get what all the who-ha is about. Yes you get free drinks, but its a relatively small space. We did meet one nice couple there, and most of the people were friendly enough, but I would rather be with the rest of my party who did not have access. The hors d'ouevres-well they are okay, but really there is more than enough food on board. .

Amen! I've never understood why this is such a big deal to people. I mean you're on vacation, do you really want to fight over chairs and space in a tiny room to save $20.

I have said it many times. I've sailed suites, and I am Diamond (not plus) but I've NEVER been inside the diamond lounge or concierge lounge (when a suite guest) pre dinner because it's always so crowded.

I much rather have a drink on my balcony, or in the rising tide, or vintages, or some other calmer more relaxing location. And there's food everywhere, not to mention you're on your way to dinner.

I truly don't understand why these lounges cause people to flip.

But to each his own.... on an airplane I need my sky priority boarding, and upgraded seat, so I guess people have their reasons.

Amen! I've never understood why this is such a big deal to people. I mean you're on vacation, do you really want to fight over chairs and space in a tiny room to save $20.

We will have cruised 270 nights this year after we finish up our next seven cruises. So that $20 savings becomes $5400 for us. Well worth using the CL/DL & Vouchers for our evening drinks. For some of us, cruising is not a vacation but our lifestyle which, by the way, has a budget attached to it. So yes, we will fight over chairs and space in that tiny room - just don't get in my way at the CL door @ 5:00 pm!!!!

Seems we were given Bertie's card, but the rude person was Roul we found out a week later. We have cancelled 8 future cruises on Freedom and booked on other ships.

I'm glad you came back to clarify the identity of the concierge who slighted you. I found it hard to believe it could be Berty. Berty is a class act and always does his best to satisfy any and all passengers.

Suite Guests get priority when it comes to the assistance of the Concierge.

We just returned from a 9 night cruise on Explorer and I can tell you that Denzil Fernandes the Concierge was absolutely the best and treated everyone in his lounge equally.

My wife and I were on your cruise, and YES Denzil was the greatest. He was the the 3rd bartender in the CL every night, making sure that everyone had their drink and was happy. If I stopped in daytime, he always had time to assist me or answer a question.

My wife and I were on your cruise, and YES Denzil was the greatest. He was the the 3rd bartender in the CL every night, making sure that everyone had their drink and was happy. If I stopped in daytime, he always had time to assist me or answer a question.

Hey Joe, how are you??:)

But.... I will say while I understand the rooms are crowded, "suite guests come first" seems wrong and unfair.

Don't shut me out to something the cruise line says I'm entitled to.

I don't understand.:o

If the CL is for suite guests, why should they not come first? What are you being shut out of?:confused:

Not that I blame OP for concierges response to them, but I am curious to know more of the context of what prompted that stupid response from the concierge. You'd think a hospitality professional could use a bit more tact.
Agree, We have sailed with Rahoul since 2010 and he has been nothing but professional even to difficult passengers. Would like more context. Edited by SherriZ366

Seems we were given Bertie's card, but the rude person was Roul we found out a week later. We have cancelled 8 future cruises on Freedom and booked on other ships.

I think it's too bad that you are allowing one comment by one person to have that kind of impact on your plans.

I'm glad that you found out the right name of the rude person. My company looks at its specific message boards and comments like that they they will follow up with the individual named and sometimes that person could get into trouble.

Just got off Freedom and Berty was training his replacement in the DL. He was there every night. He said he starts in the CL today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What's the name of Berty's replacement in the DL.

Was Rahoul getting off FR today? I know he was delayed